Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 03:15:11 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Multicurrency Wallet/Client  (Read 2265 times)
virtimus

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:26:44 PM

Back to the subject:

I'm just in a process of formulating simililar Idea.

I plan to develop a modular multicurrency p2p client not only as a wallet but also for mining purposes, statistics, managing private mining pool and some other operations.

It would be good to start the project not alone.
I need consultancy in current market shape and "second pair of eyes" is also an advantage...

The plan is to open-source the project.

My plan is to get a set of wallets and instead of integrating their code - integrate them functionally as a set of "plugin-wrappers" into new app (idea for name is welcome).

Strength of such aproach would be further easy synchronizing with  walets code upgrades/changes

For prototype - BTC/LTC integration (using existing local databases - no need to resynchronising, no need to deinstall anything).

Nice small taskbar app + plugins + plugin/app talk api ....

The prototype seems to be one long night job Smiley  (I'm always too optimistic Smiley

Any thoughts ? Someone mentioned failures ... what were the reasons ? have to dig a little maybe before getting to work on it ...

https://github.com/virtimus/GoxTradingBot
BTC:13eJdr8ndc3MJAeHGpVTNMPUtTGE8ANHpL
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtimus

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:35:01 PM

Back to the subject:

I'm just in a process of formulating simililar Idea.

I plan to develop a modular multicurrency p2p client not only as a wallet but also for mining purposes, statistics, managing private mining pool and some other operations.

It would be good to start the project not alone.
I need consultancy in current market shape and "second pair of eyes" is also an advantage...

The plan is to open-source the project.

My plan is to get a set of wallets and instead of integrating their code - integrate them functionally as a set of "plugin-wrappers" into new app (idea for name is welcome).

Strength of such aproach would be further easy synchronizing with  walets code upgrades/changes

For prototype - BTC/LTC integration (using existing local databases - no need to resynchronising, no need to deinstall anything).

Nice small taskbar app + plugins + plugin/app talk api ....

The prototype seems to be one long night job   (I'm always too optimistic)

Any thoughts ? Someone mentioned failures ... what were the reasons ? have to dig a little maybe before getting to work on it ...

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 06:25:49 PM

also for mining purposes

You need the full blockchain to mine, and you would need to use the mining part of bitcoin-qt, it is the only way you can mine. So right there you can't do that. I can see you done some research.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
virtimus

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:39:16 PM

I'm progressing with my prototype.
Have already desktop (host) application with HTML interface.

The round-trip API for a plugin is to generate some HTML for displaing inside HostApp (inside separate tab/layer for instance).
And then special ("ex" object) javascript calls inside the HTML will be forwarded by the host app to plugin DLL. 

So - integrating new plugin/wallet will be a matter of generating HTML interface and handling back javascript events.
It should be also quite easy to integrate some online statistics (web pages?) as a plugin.

I've already  compiled BTC client under MinGW - first candidate for integrating as a plugin.

I think I will have to create a separate threads for each plugin to work smoothly.

Quite a piece of work yet ahead.

VishwaJay

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

It was not the facts you pointed out.

It was the judgments you put into the middle of them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.