Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:19:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is Ethereum actually the only cryptocurrency worth GPU mining?  (Read 12013 times)
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 04:30:54 PM

I heard the SIAcoin is most profitable to mine at the moment. But the Etheruem difficulty  is still rising.

It's not profitable at all. I mine it using claymore's miner while dual mining, but just mining Sia alone is a waste. 1000 Sias are worth 0.52cts currently...at 1.4Gh/s, it takes me 2-3 days to round up 5000 of those, def not worth it, only if you have free electricity maybe.

However, once Sia get their software a bit more user-friendly and do some more advertising, they could become the new dropbox and be worth a lot more than now. I personnaly keep my Sias for the time being.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Technicrate

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:15:26 PM

I heard the SIAcoin is most profitable to mine at the moment. But the Etheruem difficulty  is still rising.

It's not profitable at all. I mine it using claymore's miner while dual mining, but just mining Sia alone is a waste. 1000 Sias are worth 0.52cts currently...at 1.4Gh/s, it takes me 2-3 days to round up 5000 of those, def not worth it, only if you have free electricity maybe.

However, once Sia get their software a bit more user-friendly and do some more advertising, they could become the new dropbox and be worth a lot more than now. I personnaly keep my Sias for the time being.

You are right. With the increase of the difficulty in the past month, if the trend continues, it will not be profitable soon.
Simpan

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:04:09 AM

You are right. With the increase of the difficulty in the past month, if the trend continues, it will not be profitable soon.

It does not matter too much. We will have the ZCash to mine in the next 5 days. That could make somebody rich.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:52:04 PM

It does not matter too much. We will have the ZCash to mine in the next 5 days. That could make somebody rich.

Maybe if some of the massive farms can instamine some blocks, but the dev team at Zcash is taking steps to minimize that as much as possible.

The 3 leaders in profit will be Zcash, Etc/Eth and I think it is probably best at this point anyway to let the corporate outfits fight over Zcash mining.  That will mean hash rate reductions in etc/eth.  It is also likely this massive amount of GPU's added over the past month were for the mining of Zcash so that is essentially 75'000 GPU's ready to hammer Zcash and possible even more if the coin sells for a large amount.

Just remember to cash out all your coins before then in case eth/etc price dumps to buy up Zcash coins.
Technicrate

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:54:01 PM

Maybe if some of the massive farms can instamine some blocks, but the dev team at Zcash is taking steps to minimize that as much as possible.

The 3 leaders in profit will be Zcash, Etc/Eth and I think it is probably best at this point anyway to let the corporate outfits fight over Zcash mining.  That will mean hash rate reductions in etc/eth.  It is also likely this massive amount of GPU's added over the past month were for the mining of Zcash so that is essentially 75'000 GPU's ready to hammer Zcash and possible even more if the coin sells for a large amount.

Just remember to cash out all your coins before then in case eth/etc price dumps to buy up Zcash coins.

I agree with that. The Ethereum price is dropping now. It might be due to the fact that people are selling to get bitocin to buy ZCash.
EssentialCoin

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:18:43 PM

The Ethereum price dropped a lot in the last few days. It seems if your electricity price is high and have old cards, it is not profitable.

▄▄████████▄▄
  ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
 ▄█▀   ▄████▄   ▀█▄               ▄▄██████▄▄
▄█▀    ██████    ▀█▄             ▄█▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀█▄
██     ▀████▀     ██            ▄█▀  ████  ▀█▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██            ██    ▀▀    ██
██    ████████    ██            ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ▄█▀
▀█▄  ██████████  ▄█▀             ▀█▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄█▀
 ▀█▄ ▀████████▀ ▄█▀               ████████▀▀
  ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄▄██▀               ██
    ▀▀████████▀▀██▄             ██
                 ▀██ ▄▄██████▄▄██
                   ███▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀██▄
                  ▄█▀   ████   ▀█▄
                  ██    ▀██▀    ██
                  ██    ▄▄▄▄    ██
                  ▀█▄  ██████  ▄█▀
                   ▀██▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄██▀
                     ▀▀██████▀▀
REPME

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██

██  ▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀▄██
  ▄██▀
██▀  ██
TRANSPARENT LINKING & SOCIAL RECRUITING WILL
DOMINATE THE GLOBAL HR INDUSTRY
MrGone

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:08:05 AM

I like rotisserie chicken but I can but one small one for $5-8. If I am going to spend $250 on a nice rotisserie. The math works out to me having to eat rotisserie chicken a few times a week for a vary long time to make it make sense to buy the rotisserie.

My point is for the investment to get started. And the cost to run the machine none stop for .32 daily of a $8 crypto coin. I feel like if I really believe in the coin I should just buy a few a week.

I wish I did not miss the boat with mining. It was like a modern day gold rush.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: