Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the Pirate Hijack Hack of TRC. Terracoin is fired.  (Read 3053 times)
spacegoat (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:11:23 PM

I've had enough. I don't like the idea of these slobs that can't fix their spelling mistakes on terracoin.org, or maintain public relations messing with suckers who buy their coin, I have a personal vendetta because all my money was invested in terracoin and stuck in transit and I watch the value collapse before my eyes..  and so I have no other choice.  they suck.  so we're hijacking terracoin.  

TRC is now Trollcoin.  and we're implementing PPC's retargeting solution.  

and we're getting coders on the job asap of releasing a patch, and a new wallet client for trollcoin.  everything will be the same as before.  TRC will still be TRC, but Terracoin will stay in 1991 where its website developers choose to stay.  

and so I announce

trollcoin.org

TRC's new unofficial/official website, that actually has a conscious presence, and conscious support.  it should be up within 48 hours my buddy is designing a foundation and the rest is open canvas for anyone who wishes to help.  and whoever wishes to help will be put on a list.  first thing going in trollcoin.org is a little trollbox/chatbox to help us figure this shit out.

I have briefly spoken with sunny king, and it is possible that he knows how to fix terracoin.  so when terracoin raises from the ashes, it will be Trollcoin.  if you want to continue thinking its terracoin fine.  but that weakass website is getting no points.

if this is all possible, consider this a pirate takeover.  if you're with me say ARG

here's what I threw together in 15 minutes.  if you have abilities and wish to be part of the trollcoin team let me know.  I am well connected, that's about the only ability I have, but its sort of a super power, I have access to resources and intelligences.  so yeah.  

we'll work out how it will all work, have a transparent donation jar for developers and divide it accordingly.  I am not out to get that money, I am out to have a successful coin.

if this is all a total sham Idea, (even though I think a pirated platform would be very popular and maybe the most popular idea yet, wildly popular.  all the other coins are trying to be good.  trollcoin is just like "DGAF" and who gives a fuck?  all those other coins got some kind of reputation to prove.  trollcoin is just trollcoin.  you can choose your own currency go choose prancey dance do no wrong coin, or join the piracy.

that is all.  here is the real quick image I threw together right after I secured trollcoin.org.  my understanding is still adolescent so if I am attempting something utterly impossible, please let me know.  and maybe I'll just make a ridiculous website with no relation to any real coin.

but terracoin sucks.  everybody knows it.  its not the program though, its the developers lack of presence in the community.  I'm not going to run it I'm just going to start it and leave the pirates to maintain it with some kind of donation jar that gives bounty for keeping a smooth ride going for us trollcoiners.

i did what I thought had to be done.  less technicalities.  more meme.  aight i'm out.  tear apart my idea if its impossible and I'll sit and suffer as I watch my money vanish as this TRC garbage hits the floor with my finances stuck in limbo.  I can't even sell out short!  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

yeah baby yeah
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:15:13 PM

correctionterracoins program makes it suck too, but we will fix that for real, and immediately.  as soon as we organize the coming age of the troll

yeah baby yeah
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:18:18 PM

it would probably be better to have yao mings face over terracoin man's face.  I'll redo it.  whatever

yeah baby yeah
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

Your precious coins aren't lost yet, although you are doing your best to destroy whatever value they still may have.

Stop complaining and help out. See below. Less talk, more hashing.

Hi,

our new difficulty algorithm is now  available for testing under our
dev-0.1.3 branch.

testnet supports this update since block 5182, a windows build for the
development branch was also published at our sourceforge mirror:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/terracoin/files/SatoshiClone/dev-0.1.3-119-win32.zip/download

changelog summary (again, just for testnet right now):
 [testnet] diff,adjustment: EMA retargetting.

- Exponential Moving Average diff computation, over the last 2160
   blocks duration (roughly 3 days worth of blocks).
 - active on testnet since block 5182, not enabled on livenet yet.
 - testnet will eventually allow diff=1 mining, when last block was
   found more than 10 mins ago ; livenet will divide diff by two under
   same circumstances.
 - will probably be activated on livenet in a short future according to
   tests.

see commit https://github.com/terracoin/terracoin/commit/01c20aaaaba for
further informations.

Note that testnet is the only network concerned right now, you have to
start your client with the "-testnet" parameter if you want to
participate in tests.

current dataset gathered during our tests looks quite promising,
although the extremely low difficulty do not represent the livenet
accurately.

In order to get make the blockchain usable again, we may publish this
update with a short-term mandatory block update ; we'll announce the
update here when satisfied with testnet gathered datasets and ready to
deploy.

If you are not running windows but unix/linux, proceed as follows:

mkdir -p ~/currencies
cd ~/currencies
git clone git://github.com/terracoin/terracoin.git
cd terracoin
git checkout dev-0.1.3

then build as usual.
cd terracoin/src && nice make -f makefile.unix -j 4 # for the daemon
cd terracoin && qmake && nice make -j 4  # for qt-client

thanks again for your patience.
--
TRC.

EDIT: Slightly improve my grammer. Since people care.

more or less retired.
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:31:06 PM

please.

I'm not busting my laptop for your terracoin bro, i wouldn't care if it ground to a halt at this point.  the terracoin.org website sucks.  they won't even take input after weeks, its a simple fix.   I don't know who the developers are, but they're fired.  its terrorism.  we need to put somebody else in charge, they are carrying a dangerous weapon experimenting with people's money and being so unstable.  its crying out for stabilization, its a hazard to the community.  and so because I can't mine and be a grunt idiot while I wait for whats left of my coins, I'm taking over this bullshit.  terracoin could injure alot of people if they kept up at this rate.  not everyone thinks like you rabbit

and the way that you dismiss my concerns, and your general mannerism of being dismissive to any doubters of terracoin makes me not trust you.  I relayed information that you broadcasted, and received a message saying, "bro, you said it was all going to be fine, that terracoin was well, so I bought in, and I looked away and its gone down 20%"

I'm done resonating with you for now rabbit.  and you cannot dismiss the incoming pirate take over.  you can join it, but you cannot dismiss it.

yeah baby yeah
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:35:39 PM

please.

I'm not busting my laptop for your terracoin bro, i wouldn't care if it ground to a halt at this point.  the terracoin.org website sucks.  they won't even take input after weeks, its a simple fix.   I don't know who the developers are, but they're fired.  its terrorism.  we need to put somebody else in charge, they are carrying a dangerous weapon experimenting with people's money and being so unstable.  its crying out for stabilization, its a hazard to the community.  and so because I can't mine and be a grunt idiot while I wait for whats left of my coins, I'm taking over this bullshit.  terracoin could injure alot of people if they kept up at this rate.  not everyone thinks like you rabbit

and the way that you dismiss my concerns, and your general mannerism of being dismissive to any doubters of terracoin makes me not trust you.  I relayed information that you broadcasted, and received a message saying, "bro, you said it was all going to be fine, that terracoin was well, so I bought in, and I looked away and its gone down 20%"

I'm done resonating with you for now rabbit.  and you cannot dismiss the incoming pirate take over.  you can join it, but you cannot dismiss it.

I have no problem with you forking terracoin. Seriously, I don't. If you can do it better I am 100% supportive. But you haven't been very reasonable concerning your time frame about having things fixed.

Anyway, I understand you are upset. If you think you can make it work better- there are plenty of TRC users out there would be more then happy to see that happen. Honestly- my TRC can't move just as fast as your TRC can't move. And at the moment that means my www.terrawallet.com is worthless. That means SatoshiRoulette and TRC Dice make no money. So yeah, we know what being frustrated is.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:40:14 PM

Also, if you want to go talk to the DEV, just go talk to him. He's on Github. Just go talk to him.

more or less retired.
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:54:43 PM

I know.  you are handling this very much better than I rabbit

already sent him many messages, he or she is probably very busy right now.  usually I am finding good investments and trading, so as my funds are locked up for days I will have nothing to do but try and boost the success of TRC.  and providing a meme website dedicated to TRC with links to exchanges and forums, and a user friendly simple uncomplicated mainsite, is the best I could come up with for now. 

I might think the idea is a bad one later.  but alot of people have told me they like the idea. 

yeah I don't usually get upset, but when I do I don't tolerate not being in control of my energies well.  which terra coin has taken my energies away from me and its like the spirits are playing a major prank on me.  maybe just trying to teach me to not be attached to money..

anyway... I do like the idea of pirate hijacking a platform and sailing it to freedom.  I think it makes a good story.  nobody likes terracoin.org I've heard like 20 people question it...  and really I'm just trying to help.

I'm sorry if I come out as gruff.  I live in wyoming.  and not very social

yeah baby yeah
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:01:55 PM

already sent him many messages, he or she is probably very busy right now.  usually I am finding good investments and trading, so as my funds are locked up for days I will have nothing to do but try and boost the success of TRC.  and providing a meme website dedicated to TRC with links to exchanges and forums, and a user friendly simple uncomplicated mainsite, is the best I could come up with for now. 

I might think the idea is a bad one later.  but alot of people have told me they like the idea. 

yeah I don't usually get upset, but when I do I don't tolerate not being in control of my energies well.  which terra coin has taken my energies away from me and its like the spirits are playing a major prank on me.  maybe just trying to teach me to not be attached to money..

anyway... I do like the idea of pirate hijacking a platform and sailing it to freedom.  I think it makes a good story.  nobody likes terracoin.org I've heard like 20 people question it...  and really I'm just trying to help.

So when is it likely to all chance the next 48 hours or so. Will this network re adjust to new difficulty at lower rates with new stuff implemented and will we need to update our clients ?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

So when is it likely to all chance the next 48 hours or so. Will this network re adjust to new difficulty at lower rates with new stuff implemented and will we need to update our clients ?

as I understand it, the new algorhythm will be implemented in a good while, but in about 18 blocks we'll be back up to speed, difficulty will divide by 4

yeah baby yeah
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:06:54 PM

and as for new clients and such I don't know. 

yeah baby yeah
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:29:19 PM

I don't blame spacegoat. I would be mad if most my funds were in TRC. At least you're trying something OP.

and the way that you dismiss my concerns, and your general mannerism of being dismissive to any doubters of terracoin makes me not trust you.  I relayed information that you broadcasted, and received a message saying, "bro, you said it was all going to be fine, that terracoin was well, so I bought in, and I looked away and its gone down 20%"

I'm done resonating with you for now rabbit.  and you cannot dismiss the incoming pirate take over.  you can join it, but you cannot dismiss it.

Obviously whiterabbit is extremely biased in favour of TRC, if you want any opinion on TRC he should be the last person you speak to because whatever the situation is he will tell you it's a good buy. If the network remained down for the next 2 months whiterabbit still tell you it's a good buy.

Funny thing is I was warning about ASICs in my posts before this happened and no-one listened.  Undecided

Btw no offence to you whiterabbit, I have no beef with you. Just saying to you spacegoat everyone has their favourite coin/s and their own agenda which they like to push down the throats of others and wrap it up as good healthy factual advice.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:42:07 PM

I'll just say, thumbs up for thumbs up guy,

and I do hope my coins can move again, soon.

spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:44:33 PM

you think it would be worth forking the blockchain?  I can imagine a coin wallet client with a trollface, maybe with coins as eyes.  be more meme-ish...  

anyway, I bought trollcoin.org, not sure what I'm gonna do with it.  yeah I don't have a beef with ya either rabbit, I hope it alll works out for everybody.  but if terracoin collapses I'm splitting the blockchain and getting some of my guys to work on it.  and release a new client... trollcoin.  that's if it collapses.  which  it appears to be doing...

yeah baby yeah
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:46:26 PM

I hope the same walter.  I'm afraid it will be another few days to make it 18 blocks though

yeah baby yeah
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

I hope the same walter.  I'm afraid it will be another few days to make it 18 blocks though

What's a few days?  I'm buying cheap TRC right now.  I see it absolutely skyrocketing once the difficulty fix goes through.  TRC is a better coin than most of the other altcoins (in my oh so humble opinion). 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

Down to 15 blocks, now.

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:07:16 PM

I have briefly spoken with sunny king, and it is possible that he knows how to fix terracoin.  so when terracoin raises from the ashes, it will be Trollcoin.  if you want to continue thinking its terracoin fine.  but that weakass website is getting no points.

I don't think revolting against the dev is gonna help much in the situation. Meanwhile the new proposed terracoin patch under testing works close enough to ppcoin's exponential moving adjustment, so I think it could fix most of terracoin's trouble.
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:07:32 PM

Exit out of Terracoin and make a brand new coin, the one that matters. Don't fix others' shits, it is not worth it. There is a discussion here on MC2 or
something like that, join it and bring the ideas onto the table. There is no need for better Terracoin, or more Bitcoin-based cryptocoins. The first true
alternative will do the job so much better than this lame copies or minor variations of Bitcoin.

but the idea of hijacking shit and sailing it to diamonds is so romantic.  forking terracoin's blockchain wouldn't be so hard.  and trollcoin could easily pass as TRC.  but you may be right.  I'll check out the MC2 discussion.  thanks megastore bro

yeah baby yeah
Coincrazy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:09:26 PM

What's a few days?  I'm buying cheap TRC right now.  I see it absolutely skyrocketing once the difficulty fix goes through.  TRC is a better coin than most of the other altcoins (in my oh so humble opinion). 

Where can I see more of / read more about TRC

Samples questions that prop up
------------------------------------
is there a central exchange like mtgox for TRC
Which merchants accept TRC, is there an URL with them listed
is there a TRC / USD graph , links please
is TRC completely peer to peer or is it partially dependent on some counter party ?
Which is the best client for TRC in windows ? Links please

Thanks

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: