Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What tax rates when I live In a country with NO capital gains tax  (Read 696 times)
Coincrazy (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:30:47 AM

Hi

I live I a county where there is no capital gains tax

I will be sending money to the bit coin exchange from this country and taking back the money after sale  to this  country

- Do i have to pay tax to the american or the japanese governments ( where most exchanges / buyers are )

- if so What rates will I have to pay as capital gains tax o the American or Japanese governments

Just to repeat - I am NOT A citizen of and I do NOT LIVE in USA or Japan

Regards

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:38:00 AM

If you have any assets in the US, if you've ever stepped foot in the US, if you've even sent a letter to the US, our government wants what you have.

Actually let me correct that, kim dotcom and julian assanage did none of those things and still have been attacked by the US. Yeah, just go ahead and send the IRS a check anyways.
Coincrazy (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:46:14 AM

If you have any assets in the US, if you've ever stepped foot in the US, if you've even sent a letter to the US, our government wants what you have.

Actually let me correct that, kim dotcom and julian assanage did none of those things and still have been attacked by the US. Yeah, just go ahead and send the IRS a check anyways.

Thanks fit the answer

I appreciate you taking time

Just so that others here understand me , and to clarufy further , I do NOT have to pay tax in USA for trading in shares or ETF in US stock exchanges

So I think my question needs some more discussion

Regards

Stampbit

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:54:50 AM

Oh you wanted a serious answer, well the fact is any asset that has touched US soil become taxable, even if you are not a US citizen. We as US citizens have to pay taxes on all assets, foreign and domestic. If your coin is tied to your identity and you want to keep good relations with the US it is advised you pay taxes, otherwise its up to you.
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:45:27 AM

Oh you wanted a serious answer, well the fact is any asset that has touched US soil become taxable, even if you are not a US citizen. We as US citizens have to pay taxes on all assets, foreign and domestic. If your coin is tied to your identity and you want to keep good relations with the US it is advised you pay taxes, otherwise its up to you.

The Mt.Gox exchange is in Japan. Nothing happens in the USA as far as I can see.
Stampbit

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:49:10 AM

The Mt.Gox exchange is in Japan. Nothing happens in the USA as far as I can see.

i thought it sold to coinbase and now its in the US.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 04:53:09 AM

I believe the FinCEN ruling was that when you cash out, you pay any gains tax in your polity.

IANAL, seek a tax professional in your country versed with international finance, don't blame me if you go to jail. Wink

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Coincrazy (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:08:33 AM

I believe the FinCEN ruling was that when you cash out, you pay any gains tax in your polity.

thanks any links ?

IANAL, seek a tax professional in your country versed with international finance, don't blame me if you go to jail. Wink

:-) sure ..... myrkul is to be blamed :-)) ... did I miss that k"not' ?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 07:27:32 AM

thanks any links ?

Here you go:
http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/pdf/FIN-2013-G001.pdf

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Coincrazy (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:20:30 AM

thanks any links ?

Here you go:
http://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/pdf/FIN-2013-G001.pdf

thanks I can see why the big investors must have jumped in after this !!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: