Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price alert idea  (Read 3825 times)
superdork

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:06:30 AM

http://www.bitcoin-tools.de

just leave it open on your phone and you have exactly what you are describing.

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pretendo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:14:58 AM

A crash on the scale of the 2011 crash would only ever be possible if major exchanges/institutions were hacked. If we have a crash, BTC may lose half or 75% of its value tops, and then slowly creep back up past the current paradigm. The media craze following the price rise is causing a ton of widespread adoption that is just in its infancy. The amount of strong hands is not going anywhere, there's already too much BTC-related investment that takes waaaay more to to be reversed than a simple panic.
btctrack

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 07:01:13 AM

you can also use http://www.btctrack.com/
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:47:42 AM

Gotta be careful with this one, though, if you're using it as an alarm clock! I set it to alert me overnight if the price went over $140 (yesterday's high) or under 60 (around yesterday's low) and for whatever reason, bitcoin-tools.de got a quick blip up to 300 and it started mooing loudly and would've woken me up (even though the actual price on Mt. Gox was only hovering around 100).
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

Gotta be careful with this one, though, if you're using it as an alarm clock! I set it to alert me overnight if the price went over $140 (yesterday's high) or under 60 (around yesterday's low) and for whatever reason, bitcoin-tools.de got a quick blip up to 300 and it started mooing loudly and would've woken me up (even though the actual price on Mt. Gox was only hovering around 100).

Plus, turns out it didn't go off for me today when the price dropped below 60 a little after noon today, but again had a false positive moo for 10 seconds thinking the price went over 140 a little bit ago.
Jessi

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 11:43:26 PM

Sorry for the problems with the bitcoin-tools.de...
The problem here is, that the values are received from Mt.Gox-Ticker and during last days it wasn´t very useful as source for such values...
As you may know they had several problems with their Servers as it was being under attack. Even the "big players" in market like Clark Moody or Bitcoincharts had sometimes no data.
I even have seen that the ticker some times delivered not the right values during last days.
The 10 Seconds-Delay is also based on Mt.Gox-Ticker as it´s not allowed to pull more often then 10 Seconds. They allready banned one of mine server for trying it more often.

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:58:14 AM

at the ticker some times delivered not the right values during last days.
The 10 Seconds-Delay is also based on Mt.Gox-Ticker as it´s not allowed to pull more often then 10 Seconds. They allready banned one of mine server for trying it more often.

Thanks for the response. Is there a way to add a feature that disregards large, transient spikes? In other words, provide a way to not throw the alarm until it stays above or below said value for more than 30 seconds (three samples)? Maybe make this sample value user configurable?  This would help reduce false positives because the wrong values in my case didn't tend to stay up for much longer than a sample or two.
Jessi

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 12:53:33 PM

You´re welcome. Thanks for the nice feature-suggestion.
I added it directly to the wishlist: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57736.300

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 12:41:54 PM

Today I´ve seen that spike, too. Read here, please: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=57736.msg1836451#msg1836451

aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 09:56:35 PM

What youre looking for is

BTCprice.info

Free SMS alerts, based on % change, threshold and frequency.

Currently 8 countries, expanding to 140 within the next month or so

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Jessi

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 02:14:37 AM

No, what he mentioned was www.bitcoin-tools.de Smiley

aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 02:51:01 AM

btcprice.info is entirely free, no charge for alerts. No charge for anything.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 11:31:21 AM

No, what he mentioned was www.bitcoin-tools.de Smiley

Until bitcoin-tools.de can send SMS, it isn't what he mentioned, hint, hint.

Btw, you should pull up www.bitcoin-tools.de in Internet Explorer -- it shows up as super small.
fredwu

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:00:32 AM

I'm curious - I want to build something that would allow me to set up flexible conditions to alert and also to trade. And since I'm going to build it anyway, if there's enough demand, I'd make it into a service. The question is, how much would you pay for such a service?
zakoliverz

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 04:42:56 AM

when will it go back to $277USD ?
aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:03:54 AM

I'm curious - I want to build something that would allow me to set up flexible conditions to alert and also to trade. And since I'm going to build it anyway, if there's enough demand, I'd make it into a service. The question is, how much would you pay for such a service?

Fredwu,

The btcprice.info site offers conditional alerts on % change, for FREE.

We are expanding to add email, SMS to more countries, and more custom conditions (code is in beta testing and planned for launch next week)

The site will remain free.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
advanced

Activity: 267

Woodwallets.io

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 10:53:49 AM

Bitcoin is skyrocketing. I would hope the crash is not going to come but it seems there is a spiral of greed and it will continue until the point where greed turns to fear and fear turn to panic.

The bubble could crash while I sleep and there is nothing that would slow a Bitcoin crash.

Do you have any idea to prevent this scenario?

I am thinking to develop a Bitcoin price alert that will send SMS to a mobile phone if the price fall to a certain limit.

Does that sound a good idea?

http://vimeo.com/25362764

tell me if you find it interesting Wink

Bitmessage : BM-NAx31aEiqeq5zKUtxhKscXQ7Dwn1jJfR
KarlChappe (OP)

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:54:19 PM

you can also use http://www.btctrack.com/

It seems the alert is only by email... so it's not what I'm looking for.
KarlChappe (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:55:34 PM

It's not SMS but look interesting, I'm gonna play with it.
Thanks for the links
KarlChappe (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:57:59 PM

What youre looking for is

BTCprice.info

Free SMS alerts, based on % change, threshold and frequency.

Currently 8 countries, expanding to 140 within the next month or so

My country is not yet include but look promising.

I wonder how is it possible to offer this service free of charge...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: