Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Central downtime  (Read 937 times)
Joost (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

As of this afternoon, Bitcoin Central went down. It seems that it's been down consistently for the past 3 hours, judging by the statistics on bitcoincharts.com.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this. Are there any accouncements? Anything on IRC, perhaps?

I'm glad I had just purchased BTC though - wouldn't want to slump straight into another downtime period with EUR in my hand seeing the price rise with every passing hour Tongue

EDIT: BTC Central is being DDoS'd, apparently. They tweeted about it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:00:38 PM

As of this afternoon, Bitcoin Central went down. It seems that it's been down consistently for the past 3 hours, judging by the statistics on bitcoincharts.com.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this. Are there any accouncements? Anything on IRC, perhaps?

I'm glad I had just purchased BTC though - wouldn't want to slump straight into another downtime period with EUR in my hand seeing the price rise with every passing hour Tongue

EDIT: BTC Central is being DDoS'd, apparently. They tweeted about it.

Beware - Bitcoin Central is associated with the same folks running Instawallet, and they're not handling things well in regards to the latest issues with Instawallet..
Joost (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:17:04 PM

They just tweeted again, saying that any verified user can send them an email and get access to an 'alternate url'. Quite assuring, as this means that the problem isn't with them but could likely really be a DDoS.

Beware - Bitcoin Central is associated with the same folks running Instawallet, and they're not handling things well in regards to the latest issues with Instawallet..

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind, but for now they've got the benefit of my doubt Wink
scarce

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:38:49 PM

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind, but for now they've got the benefit of my doubt Wink

Agreed, after days of uncertainty, I can see they are trying their best to regain their reputation. Quite reassuring, at least for me. Anyways, watching the situation closely is inevitable at the moment.
Joost (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

FWIW: the alternate URL works fine and I can see my balance just fine Smiley
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:20:05 PM

would be nice to know the support email addy..
lucb1e

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:31:56 PM

support@ their domain Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: