Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $236 - What BS - Selling OUT today!  (Read 7558 times)
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:31:54 PM

If you think it's time to realize your gains, do it. Don't look back.

But I'd suggest that you keep a small portion of your BTC. Doesn't matter how much - even a minicoin is enough, just as long as it's something. Just in case.

I'll be back in...but in double digit prices.  Not triple digit prices.  I figure $25-$50 is where there is true long term demand.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wopwop

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:31:58 PM

it's really simple

As long as there are newby noobs with millions putting their money into bitcoin the price will go up
Once that limited supply of really dumb people halts, we are in for a fun ride

That's why people like Trace Mayer is trying hard to convince multimillionaires to buy his bitcoins at a high price

Love you Trace Mayer Cheesy For helping us getting their millions
shkiser

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:32:54 PM

I honestly believe that it is just going up to the price it should be at. It has real value, and those that dont think its worth $200, need to look a little deeper. This is revolutionary. I knew once it broke 100 it was just gna walk on up. Dont be scared by it, embrace it, hold on tight, and dont let go. In a year ppl are gna look back and think to themselves I cant believe I sold at $100, or I cant believe I didnt wait another week and sell at $200, or FUCK Who would have thought it would hit $1000 in just a few months.. Ive stopped spending all bitcoins, and have started putting all of my extra money to buy. Theres a lot of ppl selling since $200, so Im going to take advantage of it. Just wish I would have saved all the coins I bought at $14-$20 when this thing started taking off. Id be able to buy a house or something cool.

Free Litecoin Faucet ---> http://ltc4you.com/?r=6840
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

It may go higher.  But hey i'm sitting on such a gain as is,  I am confident i will be able to buy many more coins at lower prices.  Parabolic moves dont continue like this.

Yes, I understand that selling some to buy back lower is possibly a good idea. But there's absolutely no reason to sell all of your coins, especially if your gains are huge as is. Leave some 100 btc in the case it would quickly appreciate to four-five digits per coin. You can't rule out such a possibility, the first 100 million USD buy would throw us into four digits instantly, and that's small money.

i am satoshi
Fiery Winds

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:33:24 PM

I'm a long term bull, but the types of gains we've seen today may not be sustainable. In the long run, I believe that buy and hold, coupled with a trailing stop, is a decent strategy. People need to separate what they want to have happen, and what could happen, and develop a strategy that maximizes gains whichever way the market goes during the short term.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:34:03 PM

A crash would scare away the ignorant, but some will stay and the snowball will have grown, so overall it will be good for cryptocurrencies in genera if not the bitcoin project itself. I think it would be dumb to call a top right now...
deadweasel

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:34:16 PM

I'm a long term bull, but the types of gains we've seen today may not be sustainable. In the long run, I believe that buy and hold, coupled with a trailing stop, is a decent strategy. People need to separate what they want to have happen, and what could happen, and develop a strategy that maximizes gains whichever way the market goes during the short term.

+10

randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:34:59 PM

If you think the price is rising too fast, you did the right thing.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:36:10 PM

If you think it's time to realize your gains, do it. Don't look back.

But I'd suggest that you keep a small portion of your BTC. Doesn't matter how much - even a minicoin is enough, just as long as it's something. Just in case.

I'll be back in...but in double digit prices.  Not triple digit prices.  I figure $25-$50 is where there is true long term demand.

Confirmed Proudhon alt account

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:37:32 PM

it's really simple

As long as there are newby noobs with millions putting their money into bitcoin the price will go up

That's why people like Trace Mayer is trying hard to convince multimillionaires to buy his bitcoins at a high price

Millionaires tend not to be dumb.  Sure there are SOME dumb millionaires.   But millionaires are going to look suspiciously at something that is up 10x in 8 weeks.

Have any millionaires publicly done this?  No, there are thousands of people putting 10s of thousands of $$ in this.  They are all newbies and not long term holders.  We've seen this story happen before and $30.  There were users so stupid they sent their coins to an online wallet run by an anonymous person (who probably was bruce wagner).  When bruce/anon felt the price went up enough he raided all the coins in mybitcoin.com and dumped them.  

New users don't understand how the system works.  Understanding the true brilliance of btc is key to keeping people long.  Some will go down the rabbit hole the rest of the way, but most of these newbies are gambler types.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:41:41 PM

You're either an elitist or you really suck at math. But please, short BTC if you are so convinced.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

Yes like those guy shorting 600 BTC @ 35$...

"last seen online : 2 month 4 days"

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:44:13 PM

it's really simple

Millionaires tend not to be dumb.  Sure there are SOME dumb millionaires.   But millionaires are going to look suspiciously at something that is up 10x in 8 weeks.

Have any millionaires publicly done this?  No, there are thousands of people putting 10s of thousands of $$ in this.  They are all newbies and not long term holders.  We've seen this story happen before and $30.  There were users so stupid they sent their coins to an online wallet run by an anonymous person (who probably was bruce wagner).  When bruce/anon felt the price went up enough he raided all the coins in mybitcoin.com and dumped them.  

New users don't understand how the system works.  Understanding the true brilliance of btc is key to keeping people long.  Some will go down the rabbit hole the rest of the way, but most of these newbies are gambler types.

Watch this: http://www.amazon.com/Empires-Industry-Black-Gold-Story/dp/B000BKVL8E

Bitcoin is oil, banking system is the railroad industry. Rockefeller is who? Mt gox?
wopwop

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:44:33 PM

it's really simple

I doubt many new people actually give a damn about bitcoin itself at this point, just that it is gaining popularity and thus price rise. They won't even download the wallet client, just keep it in MtGox Smiley
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:46:51 PM

You probably just made the worst financial decision of your life.
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:49:04 PM

it's really simple

It's win-win. Tracy Mayer is also helping these "multimillion early adopters" becoming billionaires at the same time.
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

Its funny reading all the arguments and opinions in this forum because nobody is right and nobody ever will be right. It could be 2k tomorrow or $1 tomorrow. This is nothing more than a big gamble at this point in time and the best thing ANYBODY can do is sit and watch.
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:51:12 PM

I doubt many new people actually give a damn about bitcoin itself at this point, just that it is gaining popularity and thus price rise. They won't even download the wallet client, just keep it in MtGox Smiley

Uh-huh?  And should any one in their right mind let mt gox hold their coin?  Shouldn't they tx it to a wallet and back it up?  

Its sounding a lot like what happened b4.

Besides, if btc really went to a few thousand each, governments would all take notice and shutdown the exchanges and seize their assets.  The btc in that xchange probably either goes the way of the dodo or is stolen by a corrupt government agent.

There is no way this thing can take off like people are talking about.  A gradual growth in the user base is the best way.  REAL goods being bough and sold for it is best.  This is a disaster.  not a good thing.

but no one really cares about what btc can do for humanity.  only what it can do for their net worth.  if you care about the true goals of the project you are not happy about the rise.  As i'm not, and i made a lot on this rally.  I'd rather it not happened like this.

Waiting for the crash....

wopwop

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:51:21 PM

it's really simple

It's win-win. Tracy Mayer is also helping these "multimillion early adopters" becoming billionaires at the same time.
theehee
wopwop

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:52:39 PM

Uh-huh?  And should any one in their right mind let mt gox hold their coin?  Shouldn't they tx it to a wallet and back it up?  

Its sounding a lot like what happened b4.

Besides, if btc really went to a few thousand each, governments would all take notice and shutdown the exchanges and seize their assets.  The btc in that xchange probably either goes the way of the dodo or is stolen by a corrupt government agent.

There is no way this thing can take off like people are talking about.  A gradual growth in the user base is the best way.  REAL goods being bough and sold for it is best.  This is a disaster.  not a good thing.

but no one really cares about what btc can do for humanity.  only what it can do for their net worth.  if you care about the true goals of the project you are not happy about the rise.  As i'm not, and i made a lot on this rally.  I'd rather it not happened like this.

Waiting for the crash....
You don't understnad

From an individual standpoint, you look at MtGox and you see it as something so big and solid (many people using it) that you think it can't go wrong, you are safe simply because everyone uses MtGox, if MtGox fucks up, they lose their heads. They think
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: