Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Crypto = Morality  (Read 1273 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:38:14 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 02:17:53 AM by Spoetnik

What i see as the big problem with Crypto Currencies is Money.
Ironic ? LOL

I am posting this because i'd like to see us as a giant think tank of sorts for the future of money.

How do we do this crap ?
Well you can all see it's rooted in the bags "investors" are holding.
Most commentary is tainted and skewed to favor each investors personal agenda.

Which means you will not get any honest commentary.. or real innovation or useful discussion.
The only time this ever happens here is when a bag holder wants to prop up his forum account with some integrity or attack another coin to further the other coin they are supporting.

It amounts to a little bit of talk.. and not much more.
At the and of the day we have the same old same old.. the same crypto greed game year in and year out.

When i joined this stuff i had no idea what a key part Morality played in it all.
It was a learning process i had to figure it out as fast as possible.
And i do not expect everyone to be on the same page with it all either.
It takes time ..i know it was all a lot to soak in and read about when i came here.

Plus morality i think is likely to be a thing with age.
An older person is more likely to be legit than a teen who doesn't give a shit.

So rather than posting yet another topic here asking you all..
"What features do you want in ANOTHER coin"

I want to ask you all, how can we improve the situation ?

Morality is the major barrier.

For example a while back i seen an older user here (kelsey) i always agree with who mentioned some idea about removing the concept of removing the reward from hashing on a block chain.
I don't know how kelsey's idea worked at all but i am curious and would like to hear more.

Is there a better way or are we stuck doing it with the carrot on a stick approach ?
I always envisioned something like all the hashing computers used in tandem to do nominated scientific projects.. sort of like Prime Coin.
For a reward of course.
A monetary currency fueled by our greed essentially.

Think of my idea as a Grid Coin.
Where users hashing maybe vote for a major University project that will get "funded" with all of Earth's computers to tackle a scientific problem.
Then when voted-in the entire planets computing power is put to a good use crunching numbers for a scientific problem.

And this type of concept is the future.
More and more we are needing massive amounts of computing power for scientific research.
It could be for curing a disease or for calculating the impact of an Asteroid coming at us.
Or simply for trying to figure out what and how Dark Energy or Dark Matter works.

vs. hashing away for no reason at all (wasting electricity)

But the barrier is money (greed)
And it's obvious when you read topics at Bitcointalk.org.
The greedy have seized the reigns of crypto.
Can i convince the greedy that a constructive and useful agenda will provide them profits later ?

Positive and constructive things breed money and success.
Really it boils down to Kevin Coster playing baseball saying if we build it they will come.

So any ideas or thoughts on the matter people ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:40:49 PM

Spoetnik. I'm proud of you. That is an intelligent and thoughtful post. Speaking of aging and maturity - you have certainly showed such in the last year.

In regards to your post, I have to agree with the lack of morality and the advent of greed in crypto. One has to expect it whenever money is involved and cryptocurrencies are excellent for raking in the cash with no barriers or consequences.

I also agree with projects like gridcoin, foldingcoin, solarcoin, etc. that try to provide a viable/moral reason to mine/use. Now, don't run out and buy these coins because I mentioned them. I know little about them but I like the idea behind them. Why we don't get behind projects like these is a mystery to me. Its easier for devs to clone bitcoin or litecoin and sell the hell out of them for a quick buck. We jump from scam to scam for no apparent reason despite all the moaning and groaning we do about shitcoins and icos.

It gets tiresome warning people to stay the hell away from ico but they still insist on throwing good money away on them. Do they not learn or is it a new crop of suckers every time?  I have to admit interest in altcoins has diminished over time. This forum is not nearly as busy as it once was.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:32:30 AM

Thanks eh.. my attitude though is directly linked to my history around here.
I have watched sooooo much bloody bullshit.
You lose your patience to kiss the ass of scammy worms.

I agree it comes with the territory too.. i get it.

I too am also mystified how users have side stepped the coins that do meaningful work.
I can only come to the conclusion of greed and patience.
Which links me back to why i started this topic.

The greed barrier and the link to morality (users showing up here to profit off anything at all costs.)

I tried out Grid Coin briefly solo mining like 2 years back and i never did get a block.
But the concept was tantalizing and fascinating !
It had a massive amount of code written from scratch and i set it up with SETI to search for fucking ALIENS  Shocked

I was a bit late taking part in Prime Coin and i can't even recall if i made any coins at all mining them.
I started too late.. the difficulty hashing was already too high when i started.
But whether i had any of the coins or not was not the point.. i supported the idea regardless of the weight of my wallet.

A key point here is the dev's motivations become apparent when they are willing to cater to profiteers.
They should be repelling them !

I just finished reminding you all how these guys PLAN on dumping.. once they get their childish impatient little profits.
They are not showing up to support your coin project.
They came to be temporary bag holders then dump it into the dirt.
So why would dev's think attracting these guys and catering to them is a good thing ?

I think if you came only to profit and you can not have a respectable level of morality here trying to profit then you should GTFO.

Lets break it down..
If a user is going to loiter around here to pump and dump knowingly bad scam coins ?
Then i think we should show them the door.. they contribute NOTHING useful to crypto.

On the other hand if there is guys who want to profit but are willing to pick & choose which projects DESERVE your valuable support then i say, welcome and enjoy your stay Smiley

Both those users may be the same person.. i hope i can convince the crowd that being a supporter will be in your own best financial interest too.

DeadBirdzz

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:01:38 PM

Hmmmm, so Gridcoin, Primecoin,Folding Coin, Cure Coin.....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 02:31:18 PM

Real good post!
I always say to everyone who ask me where toninvest to make own research! We have googleand you can ask and research!
I am into crypto from 2009 and i see plenty scams all iver!
Before scammers use Forex to scam now they start to use cryptocurrency!
But problem is that peoples want to become rich over night! Its not possible at all!
In crypto you need time!
From 2009 plenty shit happens but also plenty good!
I love cryptocurrency!
Crypto make me milionar so i am happy!

All happy new year 2017! 😜🍾

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:49:14 PM

Real good post!
I always say to everyone who ask me where toninvest to make own research! We have googleand you can ask and research!
But problem is that peoples want to become rich over night! Its not possible at all!
In crypto you need time!
I love cryptocurrency!

being into crypto since 2009 and you end up in leocoin?

Nevermind "crypto = morality" just focus on your morals  Grin
DeadBirdzz

Merit: 252

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:25:54 PM

Real good post!
In crypto you need time!
I love cryptocurrency!

please shut the fuck up you pathetic piece of garbage... Roll Eyes

I sincerely hope that Leocoin dies in 2017.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:02:17 PM

Guys i have good stock of btc! Nice stock of maidsafe and leocoin and huge stock one coin i cant tell! You can say what you want but crypto make me few milions already! And will make more 👍🏼
You can say bad about me but you cant kill me! I am good and i am happy!
 Ryptocurrencu is future and i love it!

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
iamnotback

Merit: 265

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:33:53 PM

Ethics != morality.

Moralizing is like trying to put your culture on someone else:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Ethics_vs_Morals

Our problem is crypto is not having technological decentralization. Period. The entire point is that nobody should be able to manipulate the blockchain.

Everyone should be free to do what ever they want. The blockchain should be agnostic and uncontrolled by a centralized power.

Sorry I disagree with your theme. And I will prove it! (whether you like it or not, your words will have no power in the outcome)

You can't tell nature to not be nature. Outlawing greed is the equivalent of outlawing philanthropy. Outlawing evil is the equivalent of outlawing good. You don't understand the inviolable physics of the universe you live in.

All of these matters will become much more clear to all of you soon ... when a certain whitepaper is published. Right now you are all confused.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:59:48 PM

fact crypto coin only about money
can get much money, but and then if want can get much money, appear coin dev scamer, this news can get collect much money and run away capital money investor ebitz coin (200 bitcoin) and decloud (over 300 bitcoin) only one month , is very fantastic
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:14:07 AM

The pinnacle of human society IMO is a public hospital in a modern country with universal health care. If a foreigner on holiday gets sick, or anyone residing in the country, they will usually get treatment based on their need, as judged by a medical person. It doesn't matter who the person is, they will use a lot of highly skilled people using all the best available medicines and equipment, and they will try their best to help the sick or injured person. This is a truly wonderful achievement, and when you witness it up close you realise how far humans have evolved, and what our true potential might be. BUT, this only exists because of compulsory taxation and redistribution from the state. If left to individuals alone there would never be a situation where strangers would spend thousands or millions helping people who could never pay. This is the truth, the good samaritan can only help one guy at a time, unless the state uses force to redistribute resources from the haves to the have nots. Medical staff in publoc hospitals are shielded from this reality, so they can act purely on need, as if they're in a bubble where the opportunity cost of treating someone doesn't matter, so they can act 'morally'.

So what does that have to do with crypto? Well, I see the issue of morality in crypto exactly the same way. We can design a 'beautiful and moral' crypto system, and it can be based on sound ethical considerations, but unless there is compulsion involved backed up force, it wont last. Just as universal health care is impossible without compulsory taxation and redistribution. If you want decentralisation you wont have compulsion and force, so what you end up with wont be ethical, but it can still be a whole lot better than what we've got now. The current system is rigged, the crypto system isn't. There's free entry and competition, which should improve the outcome, but it's got nothing to do with morality or ethics. Bad actors have to compete with honest ones in a free market, and that's far superior to modern banking and fiat.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:14:32 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 04:44:33 PM by Spoetnik

People read into what i say a lot.. i had no desire to ban being greedy.
I simply pointed out the carrot & the stick and how i heard of an older user that had a revolutionary idea.
kelsey did not elaborate though.
So I wonder if there is a better motivator than getting a block and receiving coins.

Humanity does not HAVE to be designed deliberately to run pandering to the greedy.
If that is what our species has evolved into then we got far bigger problems than currency shit.

Shelby you said before a good project can't be done with-out a million in cash up front to pay for dev's.
Your attitude is already well known..
I disagree of course.. plenty of people are willing to work their ass off for nothing.
Purely out of principle or maybe even boredom LOL

The key point i think is this bullshit is catering to the greedy on purpose.
Of all the people out there it's the fucking worthless little pieces of shit you are bending over backwards to attract to this crap.

Such as Ransomware makers who just fucking love Bitcoin  Cheesy
Or the old school pro scammers from the financial world that thought hey we can manipulate block chains for profit.. pump then dump ring a bell ?

You all talk a lot of shit but won't put your money where your mouth is.
Shelby i seen you posting a lot of Steem links before.... why ?
It's a rigged scammy scheme coin.. something any sensible person with a shred of integrity would not go near.

Infinity i repeat.. profit is not bad.
Profit from a scam is !
Don't merge the two and defend it.

And by the way don't forget we are operating (in) a mostly lawless environment with this stuff.
People are right now getting away with shit that would get them jail time in the traditional stock markets.
Want to defend that ?
Fine..
Just makes sure you abolish all laws and regulations related to the financial world while you are it.
You can't have it both ways guys..

And spare me the "exception" retort ..heard it before.
Just because a law *CAN* be broken does not mean we should drop the law all together.
So why should we have no laws in crypto then cater to greedy dick heads willing to show up here to spend FIAT --> BTC --> on anything they can profit from ?
Why are we deliberately doing this then defending it.. all year round for close to 8 years now.

So tell me profiteers hows that shitty mentality workin' out for ya ?
Rich yet ? Got yer Lambo'z ? ..oh you DID make a fuckton of money ? Weeeell congrats to you then..
Is that "Currency" adopted yet ?

tooth_fairy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:56:32 PM

no place for morality in crypto!

█ Districts █ 3D Blockchain Platform  █ ICOBounty
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 03:17:28 PM

People read into what i say a lot.. i had no desire to ban being greedy.
I simply pointed out the carrot & the stick and how i heard of an older user that had a revolutionary idea.
kelsey did not elaborate though.
So I wonder if there is a better motivator than getting a block and receiving coins.

Humanity does not HAVE to be designed deliberately to run pandering to the greedy.
If that is what our species has evolved into then we got far bigger problems than currency shit.

Shelby you said before a good project can't be done with-out a million in cash up front to pay for dev's.
Your attitude is already well known..
I disagree of course.. plenty of people are willing to work their ass off for nothing.
Purely out of principle or maybe even boredom LOL

The key point i think is this bullshit is catering to the greedy on purpose.
Of all the people out there it's the fucking worthless little pieces of shit you are bending over backwards to attract to this crap.

Such as Ransomware makers who just fucking love Bitcoin  Cheesy
Or the old school pro scammers from the financial world that thought hey we can manipulate block chains for profit.. pump then dump ring a bell ?

You all talk a lot of shit but won't put your money where your mouth is.
Shelby i seen you posting a lot of Steem links before.... why ?
It's a rigged scammy scheme coin.. something any sensible person with a shred of integrity would not go near.

Infinity i repeat.. profit is not bad.
Profit from a scam is !
Don't merge the two and defend it.

And by the way don't forget we are operating (in) a mostly lawless environment with this stuff.
People are right now getting away with shit that would get them jail time in the traditional stock markets.
Want to defend that ?
Fine..
Just makes sure you abolish all laws and regulations related to the financial world while you are it.
You can't have it both ways guys..

And spare me the "exception" retort ..heard it before.
Just because a law *CAN* be broken does not mean we should drop the law all together.
So why should we have no laws in crypto then cater to greedy dick heads willing to show up here to spend FIAT --> BTC --> on anything they can profit from ?
Why are we deliberately doing this then defending it.. all year round for close to 8 years now.

So tell me profiteers hows that shitty mentality workin' out for ya ?
Rich yet ? Got yer Lambo'z ? ..oh you DID make a fuckton of moeny ? Weeeell congrats to you then..
Is that "Currency" adopted yet ?

I love your posts, but they so damn long to read  Grin
I am still for a messaging system based on blockchain tech, or database managed by blockchain, or content protection storage and management by blockchain, but using non minable nor stakable blockchain.
People are so much greedy, look at the recent scam coins released on the forum, they are all the same, i wonder if it is not the same guy who is releasing them using different accounts.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:49:26 PM

How much have YOU lost on Mt. Gox, Mintpal, Cryptsy, McxNOW.. or the others who were "hacked" before ?

NO MORALITY !!!!1111

But plenty of crying Troll / FUD right ?

Ever seen the scam section here ?
Or the market section + Paypal's TOS ?

Oh and ..Is that better nemgun ? Wink  Grin

shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:51:36 PM

Spoetnik. I'm proud of you. That is an intelligent and thoughtful post. Speaking of aging and maturity - you have certainly showed such in the last year.

In regards to your post, I have to agree with the lack of morality and the advent of greed in crypto. One has to expect it whenever money is involved and cryptocurrencies are excellent for raking in the cash with no barriers or consequences.
I like this parts. The crypto features = The shields for the abuser.  
It gets tiresome warning people to stay the hell away from ico but they still insist on throwing good money away on them. Do they not learn or is it a new crop of suckers every time?  I have to admit interest in altcoins has diminished over time. This forum is not nearly as busy as it once was.
Where can they make some bucks with just sitting on his chair and keeping their eyes on his monitor? This was being discovered just in Initial Coin Offering.  Really sad but it was being the true answer.  Roll Eyes

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 04:54:06 PM

How much have YOU lost on Mt. Gox, Mintpal, Cryptsy, McxNOW.. or the others who were "hacked" before ?

NO MORALITY !!!!1111

Hah Cheesy for sure, i can read the full post, every single word, great ! Cheesy
jasonv75

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

I'm an artist, my paint is code

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:13:33 PM

Crypto isn't morality, but the radical free market structure in this new environment will eventually lead to moral behaviour through the laws of behavioural incentives.
There are huge incentives to capitalise on ignorance, however these actors won't be around for long. Because where ever there is an inefficiency, there is incentives to counter them. Investing blindly in scams with devs with no reputation or even completely nameless actors is being punished while investing in well 
vetted projects with realistic promises and a solid model are rewarded. So there is a behavioural shift occurring and there is a market of trust being built.
The scams will eventually diminish to a minimum and thats also when mass adoption is going to happen. Instead of capitalising on peoples ignorance by scamming them, people will do so by providing a reputational platform (for a fee of course). Like gateways for the masses.

I don't know how far away we are, but we are definitely moving in that direction.

J.V.

Veltor.
tooth_fairy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 06:14:04 PM

NO MORALITY !!!!1111

I did not lost but I have seen it all... it was sad...

█ Districts █ 3D Blockchain Platform  █ ICOBounty
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 02:25:31 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 09:39:44 AM by Spoetnik

Solid projects with vetted dev's ?
Innovation and features ?

There is 6,000 ANN topics roughly when i counted a year earlier.
How many offered any REAL innovation ?
Apparently to many of you lots..

What i see is maybe 90% modding some other coin with an attempt at a gimmick.
I am talking about the criteria you guys use to claim innovation and legit etc.

Dev's vetted ? BULL FUCKING SHIT !

A guy named Paul stole your fucking coins from Cryptsy and a guy named Mark stole your coins from GOX
..Butters dumped a million dollars worth of his ICO scam coins on you all.
He also never showed his face around here to man up and answer all the questions about his scam either.

Get it ?

No you don't and you never will because you CHOOSE to see this crap as something good & legit
..no matter how scammy it is.

You CHOOSE to ignore the context habitually.
You back some coin with a minor change in features then scream innovation.
Then pretend it is not in fact coin 3,004 of 5,321.
Launched on a forum that allows scams backed by greedy scammy profiteers.
All in a lawless Wannabe "penny stocks" greed market.

AKA: spinning bullshit for bucks.. real bucks.. cold hard cash money $$$

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: