Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice sought on setting up initial S9 and L3+ miners  (Read 188 times)
Greenboy83 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:03:20 AM

Hi guys, first post on this awesome and informative site.

I have 2 S9's and s L3+'s arriving to me in California this week, and I have some questions if I may:

1). I purchased the apw3++, and believe it will only produce 1200W on a 110V socket.  With this in mind:
               a). Will the L3+, as it only requires 800W, run fine from the wall?  Any concerns on heat or efficiency?
               b). Can I run the S9's 'indefinitely' on a 2000W 110v/220v transformer?  Any concerns here?  It's certainly more efficient than having a 220v outlet installed
               c). Can I run the 4 units from one or two outlets, if I use a good surge protector?  I was hoping for the 2 L3+s directly into the mains, then the S9's via the transformers.

2). I am purchasing some sound proof boxes, and want to run the ducting from the boxes down into one duct, using Y adapters.  So 4 hoses from the boxes, down into 2, then down to 1 that I vent out of the room.  Is there any concern here?  Not sure about the CFMs from each fan pushing down into 1 5" duct, not sure of the mechanics with pressure here?

3). I plan to daisy chain a router from my main one upstairs, using an output from router 1 to the input of router 2 down in the garage, then using the 4 Ethernet ports to feed each miner - does this sound doable?

Any other advice very welcome. 

Thank you!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: