Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Timeline - illustrated  (Read 8856 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:49:37 AM

I'm stupid for thinking that BFL is incompetent?

You're stupid for thinking they're only incompetent. They are also deceitful.

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:52:18 AM

PS: just ignore nathanrees19... he's just a BFL fan boi Wink

You realise that I'm flat out calling them stupid, right?

I think the chances of you being so stupid that you actually believe what you're saying in this thread is < 0%. Therefore I'm putting you on ignore.

I am sure their lawyers will have them use incompetence as a defense. However, their claims of having a prototype when it was clear they did not is misrepresenting the facts. If you take someone's money, promise them goods or services, and lie all at the same time, that is fraud. Since they did it over the internet it is wire fraud.

http://www.federalcrimefaq.com/what-constitutes-the-crime-of-wire-fraud/

All 4 requirements for a fraud conviction are easily provable in BFLs case. BFLs only chance is to ship something fast.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:54:59 AM

All 4 requirements for a fraud conviction are easily provable in BFLs case. BFLs only chance is to ship something fast.

I disagree, at least with this:

That the accused did so willfully and with an intent to defraud; and

When a company spends money on advertisements, (semi-)working hardware, etc, you can easily argue that they were intending to produce. It would be very hard for a judge to rule that BFL was *intending* to defraud people in an industry where legitimate companies fail constantly due to financial restraints and hardware failure.

That said, they'd lose any case in regards to honesty in advertising and could be sued for that alone. In the end, they'd probably lose the same way Bruce Wagner lost for his mortgage venture. Bottom line: Taking insanely large amounts of money and not providing a single product.

nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:55:13 AM

You're stupid for thinking they're only incompetent. They are also deceitful.

No, I just think that their incompetence outweighs their deceitfulness, at least in this case.
nathanrees19

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:07:25 AM

I think the chances of you being so stupid that you actually believe what you're saying in this thread is < 0%. Therefore I'm putting you on ignore.

For the benefit of others, this was the thought process:

What's the chance that BFL would tell a lie that is guaranteed to be exposed and hurt their business?

What's the chance that BFL's managers are optimistic and unable to understand the challenges of designing ASIC products and their engineers would fail to communicate the proper information to them?

I have a lot of personal experience with the second option, having worked for companies that shipped products more than a year late. In every case the marketing people actually believed what they were publishing and the managers actually believed that the timelines were viable, and the engineers actually were terrible at communication. It's even more likely in BFL's case since they outsourced most of their engineering. Hence, this option seems more likely.

I'm sure creativex applied his feelings and they told him that bfl MUST have been lying from the start. Everyone knows that feels trump facts and rational analysis, and anyone who disagrees with your feelings is stupid.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:09:35 AM

What's the chance that BFL would tell a lie that is guaranteed to be exposed and hurt their business?

What's the chance that BFL's managers are optimistic and unable to understand the challenges of designing ASIC products and their engineers would fail to communicate the proper information to them?

I have a lot of personal experience with the second option, having worked for companies that shipped products more than a year late. In every case the marketing people actually believed what they were publishing and the managers actually believed that the timelines were viable, and the engineers actually were terrible at communication. It's even more likely in BFL's case since they outsourced most of their engineering. Hence, this option seems more likely.

I'm sure creativex applied his feelings and they told him that bfl MUST have been lying from the start. Everyone knows that feels trump facts and rational analysis, and anyone who disagrees with your feelings is stupid.

You're forgetting that bitcoin, the internet, and the communities of con-artists at large are full of sociopaths. Why would they care about getting caught in a lie when they think they're above the truth? Pirate made himself believe everything he said.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:22:35 AM

The first option has been proven time and time again. Here's just one example for you.

When is the Jalapeno getting FCC approval?

Maybe two weeks? We are waiting for the test lab to issue the test report.

The FCC has no record of any such device. Inaba was flat out lying.

Buy & Hold
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:24:30 AM

When a company spends money on advertisements, (semi-)working hardware, etc, you can easily argue that they were intending to produce. It would be very hard for a judge to rule that BFL was *intending* to defraud people in an industry where legitimate companies fail constantly due to financial restraints and hardware failure.

That said, they'd lose any case in regards to honesty in advertising and could be sued for that alone. In the end, they'd probably lose the same way Bruce Wagner lost for his mortgage venture. Bottom line: Taking insanely large amounts of money and not providing a single product.

If I say I have something, then I sell it to you and take your money, then I tell you I will give it to you in 2 weeks, then it turns out I never had what I sold you, that is willfully committing fraud. Even saying you have something in stock when you do not is fraud if it is done on purpose and for the intent of taking a customers money who would not otherwise transact with you.

None of this is in conflict with BFL actually trying to ship a product.

nathanrees19

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:31:05 AM

What evidence do you have for this?

The FCC can take months to process the paperwork even after a test lab produces a report, and if BFL outsourced the design, the paperwork will not necessarily mention the company or even the product by name. Companies can also pay for confidentiality, which BFL would have done.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:49:25 AM

<OP snipped>

Still laughing! Excellent humor. Now to post 2.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:56:36 AM

<OP snipped>

Still laughing! Excellent humor. Now to post 2.

We need to take this thread's OP and your Box of Fans resistance is futile post and have them make babies together!  Grin

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:06:57 AM

So, Wheres our "Final stage of developement" product?....
You guys told us you had it in 2012, We preordered under the assumption (false pretenses) that you were in the Final Stage of product.
You Blatently Fucking Lied. BFL
I would love to see the "final stage of developement" Since i dont think that will happen untill they decide to Run with everyones money
This is why it is FRAUD, They sold us a product with False Advertising
Heck, they didnt even sell a product, they took our money, gave us a number, and each month they tell us to wait a month!
FRAUDSTERS!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:08:50 AM

Goes to court. They lose. Ordered to pay a fine. And not allowed to ever run another company in Kansas. But in Missouri, France, Costa Rica, etc., will be fine--without ever having to pay the fine.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:14:18 AM

What evidence do you have for this?

The FCC can take months to process the paperwork even after a test lab produces a report, and if BFL outsourced the design, the paperwork will not necessarily mention the company or even the product by name. Companies can also pay for confidentiality, which BFL would have done.

WRONG!

Apologies for bumping heads with you, nathan, on this. Will provide proof in a sec, bud.
arruah
Legendary

Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:19:38 AM

The second name of Josh is "next week"

BCH
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:27:47 AM

Not sure why you guys hate BFL so much.

Because their lies have damaged the Bitcoin mining market. By promising impossible price, performance, and dates, they tied up millions of dollars worth of capital that should have gone towards good companies that would have created a competitive ASIC and/or FPGA market.

Buy & Hold
Dr-Rockso

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:35:56 AM

I got quite a chuckle out of this.  Grin

Something I've been wondering, have any of the faithful BFLers in the Kansas City area called up and requested a facility tour?

I don't see why this would be an unreasonable request. Perhaps someone should organize a group. Hell for a respectable amount of BTC  I'd be willing to contact them, and organize something. God knows they could use a nice little PR event right now, with real members of the community, as they've lost so much credibility.  I work for a fortune 20 and have been in front of my CTO and different VPs over time... I do know that after the second time of saying "2 weeks" I'd be out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, for the diversity of bitcoin I really hope they do deliver a product... but my dad always said "you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other... see which one fills up first."

Long live BTC!!!

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:49:47 AM

I am sure their lawyers will have them use incompetence as a defense. However, their claims of having a prototype when it was clear they did not is misrepresenting the facts. If you take someone's money, promise them goods or services, and lie all at the same time, that is fraud. Since they did it over the internet it is wire fraud.

http://www.federalcrimefaq.com/what-constitutes-the-crime-of-wire-fraud/

Which is EXACTLY why I think they will ship something.    I also think they will not ship their entire order and will chapter 11.   Too many people have reported them already for them not to keep the dance going.

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:52:29 AM

If they actually start shipping next month,

muhaha... Stockholm syndrome?

I hope they fail

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
kcminer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:53:40 AM

I got quite a chuckle out of this.  Grin

Something I've been wondering, have any of the faithful BFLers in the Kansas City area called up and requested a facility tour?

I don't see why this would be an unreasonable request. Perhaps someone should organize a group. Hell for a respectable amount of BTC  I'd be willing to contact them, and organize something. God knows they could use a nice little PR event right now, with real members of the community, as they've lost so much credibility.  I work for a fortune 20 and have been in front of my CTO and different VPs over time... I do know that after the second time of saying "2 weeks" I'd be out of a job.

Don't get me wrong, for the diversity of bitcoin I really hope they do deliver a product... but my dad always said "you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other... see which one fills up first."

Long live BTC!!!

I have been to their old office. I may actually be in the area tomorrow so maybe I'll swing in. I know 1 other miner in town too so I'll text him... although he ordered batch 2 avalon so not sure how much he cares about BFL.

Gift cards for LTC and DOGE at ltcasics.com!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: