Bitcoin Forum
January 18, 2019, 08:56:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized marketplace to go obsolete  (Read 314 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1484

Always remember - I love you

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

It'll never happen. The closest large scale thing, Ebay, only works because Ebay police the hell out of every transaction effectively hauling it back into centralisation.

As a buyer I have zero complaints about centralised marketplaces. There is no downside detectable anywhere.

Decentralised marketplaces have tons of potential to create new areas of commerce. They're zero threat to existing ones. Most people simply don't give a shit. I'm one of them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoletss

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 02:01:11 PM

It'll never happen. The closest large scale thing, Ebay, only works because Ebay police the hell out of every transaction effectively hauling it back into centralisation.

As a buyer I have zero complaints about centralised marketplaces. There is no downside detectable anywhere.

Decentralised marketplaces have tons of potential to create new areas of commerce. They're zero threat to existing ones. Most people simply don't give a shit. I'm one of them.

This is really good you don't have any dissatisfaction with using the centralized platforms, but cannot agree with it, centralized markets are very high-maintenance, as you must have a bank account in order to sell on Ebay and the fees are high. Also, the deliveries are not free. Why use it? Let us all move onto the decentralized blockchain marketplaces like Modultrade or any of that kind with the possibility of hustle free shopping.   We are just used to Ebay, Amazon, or Alibaba, that's it, man.
A.Gaus

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 10:49:58 AM

This is really good you don't have any dissatisfaction with using the centralized platforms, but cannot agree with it, centralized markets are very high-maintenance, as you must have a bank account in order to sell on Ebay and the fees are high. Also, the deliveries are not free. Why use it? Let us all move onto the decentralized blockchain marketplaces like Modultrade or any of that kind with the possibility of hustle free shopping.   We are just used to Ebay, Amazon, or Alibaba, that's it, man.

I've just seen a man looking for a market to place his goods and make profits with a stable income. This Market could be a nice option for him to try out.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1484

Always remember - I love you

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:57:30 AM

This is really good you don't have any dissatisfaction with using the centralized platforms, but cannot agree with it, centralized markets are very high-maintenance, as you must have a bank account in order to sell on Ebay and the fees are high. Also, the deliveries are not free. Why use it? Let us all move onto the decentralized blockchain marketplaces like Modultrade or any of that kind with the possibility of hustle free shopping.   We are just used to Ebay, Amazon, or Alibaba, that's it, man.

A decentralised market place would 'cost' in the sense that you'd have 100,000x lower visibility for the same item compared to a centralised one. I could wait decades to sell something that would sell in minutes on Ebay. That's why they charge what they do and that's why people are happy to pay it.

And carriage costs just as much whether it's been sold centralised or decentralised.

It's a fine idea in principle. I'm not very interested in principle. I'm not going pay more, wait longer or not sell at all for a principle. I just want to buy shit and get rid of shit in the fastest and most competitive way possible.

The only area decentralised market places make total sense is dark markets and that's why they thrive. Other than that while centralised has many flaws, it has less flaws where it counts.

Too many people expect the great unwashed to somehow act as a charity case for crypto's sake and be expected to put up with massive inconvenience. That's not how it's going to happen. Only when going decentralised is an absolute no brainer and makes your life worse by not doing it is when it starts to go places. I don't think that's ever going to be the case in this area.

bohr

Activity: 826
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:50:56 AM

The modern-day ecommerce is closely intertwined with the history of the internet. When the internet was opened to the public in 1991, Amazon.com was one of the first ecommerce sites to start selling products online and the rest they say, is history.
Today, the blockchain offers a path to the evolution of ecommerce, where ecommerce/marketplace can no longer need to be centralized. The lack of blockchain’s centralization gives us censorship resistance — not only from governments that tend to ban certain types of marketplaces, but also from centralized marketplaces which often pick and choose who is welcome to use their platforms.
The world of centralized marketplace has gotten the better of the consumers over the last two decades. Decentralized marketplaces allow us to redistribute value to the people who actually contribute the most value in a network.
I believe: if centralized marketplaces do not reinvent themselves, they will dwindle and be forgotten. In less than 10 years, decentralized marketplace will be the way of life; and centralized ones will become obsolete.
That is only true in theory, I know people are excited about the decentralization that cryptocurrencies are bringing but to say that centralized markets where you can buy and sell immediately are obsolete is not true, a centralized marketplace offers many advantages over the decentralized ones that at the moment there is no point in comparing them.
astridwi

Activity: 274
Merit: 2

https://alprockz.io

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:53:04 PM

decentralization market will provide something more quality on the seller's side desired by consumers, on the other hand consumers will benefit because more choices and also more quality. the market becomes more equitable between consumers and producers without interference from agencies or the government

►◄  ROCKZ  ◄►
◄► ROCKZ IS THE WORLD’S MOST BULLETPROOF CRYPTOCURRENCY ►◄
https://alprockz.io/
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

The modern-day ecommerce is closely intertwined with the history of the internet. When the internet was opened to the public in 1991, Amazon.com was one of the first ecommerce sites to start selling products online and the rest they say, is history.
Today, the blockchain offers a path to the evolution of ecommerce, where ecommerce/marketplace can no longer need to be centralized. The lack of blockchain’s centralization gives us censorship resistance — not only from governments that tend to ban certain types of marketplaces, but also from centralized marketplaces which often pick and choose who is welcome to use their platforms.
The world of centralized marketplace has gotten the better of the consumers over the last two decades. Decentralized marketplaces allow us to redistribute value to the people who actually contribute the most value in a network.
I believe: if centralized marketplaces do not reinvent themselves, they will dwindle and be forgotten. In less than 10 years, decentralized marketplace will be the way of life; and centralized ones will become obsolete.
If your problem is that you can’t have access to some centralized e-commerce sites then that’s not a good enough reason.There are already decentralized marketplaces, but that doesn’t mean that centralized markets will be removed, cause they are dominant and you can’t change that.

If you’re not given access to it, then you probably should find something else. I believe that most countries has their own e-commerce site. In my country there is an online shopping site that is well known and preferred by majority of the people more than Amazon.

I hardly make use of Amazon (haven’t used it in years even) cause the local online shop is more convenient and you also get your stuff delivered faster than Amazon.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
....MEDIUM....
.....GITHUB....
.....REDDIT....
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

ovcijisir

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

🍄 🍄 🐒 🐒 🐒

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 11:11:38 AM

More cantralization = greater efficiency.

Decentralized system, in my opinion, can't ever be efficient as centralised one.

It is true that decentralized system has bigger redundancy, but I believe there is optimal solution from case to case.

~
True. Most people won't give a shit when thing work efficiently, effortlessly and smoothly...

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1039

★Magnum Wallet★

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:04:07 PM

Decentralized system, in my opinion, can't ever be efficient as centralised one.
By efficiency you mean, implementing some new solutions or adopting a new version or similar kind of things ? When bitcoin was struggling with scalability, due to its the decentralized nature, a perfect solution could not be implemented at the moment it needed. But, bitcoin community found your solutions and incorporated through consensus at some point of time. In terms of your efficiency, segwit would have been implemented more quicker than actually how it have happened, right ?

But I do feel, in centralized systems, only few board of directors taking big decisions for development and definitely not considering the end users' opinion and that is the reason many corporate are failing as they are unable to hold their existing customers against competitors. If you look for efficiency, it will have both advantages and disadvantages, case to case.

A system should work for all its users and adapters. But centralized systems are working only for few people's profit whereas decentralized systems are caring for everyone. In decentralized system if you do not like a new development then you may start your own system separately which is not possible in centralized environment.

▄█▀▀█▄
          █▀▄▀▀▄▀█
         ▄█▄▀▄▄█▄
  ▄▄▄▄  ██▀▀█▄▄  ▀█▄▄ ▄▄▄▄
▄█▀▄▄ ▄▀           ▀██▀▄▄▀█▄
█ █  █ ▄     ▄▄     █ █  █
▀█▄▀▀▄█▀    ████    ▀▄ █▀▄█▀
  ▀▀██▌      ▐▌       █▀
     ▀█      ██     ▄█▌
     ▄▐▌▀█▄      ▄█▀▀█▄
    █ ▄▀▀▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█
    █▄▀▄▄▀▄█▀▀▀▀  ▀▄▄▀▄█
     ▀█▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄█▀
       █           ▄
      ▀█▀         ▄█▄
       ▀
▄███▄▄    █
 ▄
     ▄████████▄▄
▄█▄   █████████████▄
 █
   ███████████████▄
     ████████████████▄
     █████████████████
     █████████████████
     ▐
█████████████████
      ▀██
█████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀
| ANN     | TELEGRAM     | DISCORD     | REDDIT     | TWITTER
[ CREATE WALLET ]
ovcijisir

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

🍄 🍄 🐒 🐒 🐒

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 08:55:58 PM

By efficiency you mean, implementing some new solutions or adopting a new version or similar kind of things ? When bitcoin was struggling with scalability, due to its the decentralized nature, a perfect solution could not be implemented at the moment it needed. But, bitcoin community found your solutions and incorporated through consensus at some point of time. In terms of your efficiency, segwit would have been implemented more quicker than actually how it have happened, right ?
~

Not only in implementing new solutions but also in transaction speed. For example not long time ago EOS blockchain was under spam attack which haven't affected EOS network because its network has very high transaction capacity. EOS has DPOS (distributed proof of stake) consensus algorithm - where blocks are made by only 21 computers in EOS network - which makes it semi centralized. Although it is not decentralized its transaction speed is huge due to that centralization. It is best of two worlds in my opinion.

If you are more interested in this subject feel free to look at this link.

~
But I do feel, in centralized systems, only few board of directors taking big decisions for development and definitely not considering the end users' opinion and that is the reason many corporate are failing as they are unable to hold their existing customers against competitors. If you look for efficiency, it will have both advantages and disadvantages, case to case.

A system should work for all its users and adapters. But centralized systems are working only for few people's profit whereas decentralized systems are caring for everyone. In decentralized system if you do not like a new development then you may start your own system separately which is not possible in centralized environment.

It is true, and that is why the system must have big number of shareholders, and shares should spread evenly. Not advocating communism here but I think that power shouldn't be too concentrated in hands of few people. In order for that to work the people should think with their own head more.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
guoyu78

Activity: 952
Merit: 522

★Magnum Wallet★

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:01:42 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 08:11:06 AM by guoyu78

I don’t agree with you. That’s not going to happen. You’re not even sure of what you are saying here. There will be decentralized market and at the same time a centralized markets, its all about choices and nobody would force you to use what you don’t want to use. Amazon will still be as it is. If it doesn’t work for you, then check other options available, cause there are also other companies offering the same services and available to you. It’s a not a must to use that particular site.

In decentralized system if you do not like a new development then you may start your own system separately which is not possible in centralized environment.
This is having both pros and cons. For example, due to the advantage of open source based decentralized system, we are having numerous altcoins and most of them are scamming people in some way. But we must need more number of altcoins so that we can make more people to adopt this environment in more quicker time. Every system must be having its owns pros and cons hence decentralized systems too.

▄█▀▀█▄
          █▀▄▀▀▄▀█
         ▄█▄▀▄▄█▄
  ▄▄▄▄  ██▀▀█▄▄  ▀█▄▄ ▄▄▄▄
▄█▀▄▄ ▄▀           ▀██▀▄▄▀█▄
█ █  █ ▄     ▄▄     █ █  █
▀█▄▀▀▄█▀    ████    ▀▄ █▀▄█▀
  ▀▀██▌      ▐▌       █▀
     ▀█      ██     ▄█▌
     ▄▐▌▀█▄      ▄█▀▀█▄
    █ ▄▀▀▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█
    █▄▀▄▄▀▄█▀▀▀▀  ▀▄▄▀▄█
     ▀█▄▄█▀      ▀█▄▄█▀
       █           ▄
      ▀█▀         ▄█▄
       ▀
▄███▄▄    █
 ▄
     ▄████████▄▄
▄█▄   █████████████▄
 █
   ███████████████▄
     ████████████████▄
     █████████████████
     █████████████████
     ▐
█████████████████
      ▀██
█████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀
| ANN     | TELEGRAM     | DISCORD     | REDDIT     | TWITTER
[ CREATE WALLET ]
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.