Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:55:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] How to Buy an Amazon Gift Card and NOT BE SCAMMED  (Read 8647 times)
bpovtmg (OP)

Activity: 411
Merit: 199

Join the Bitcoin Lightning Revolution (Ask me How)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 02:49:30 PM

Escrow is an absolute MUST when buying something with your hard-earned btc :-))

That's definitely true if your gift card vendor is ready to wait ...

The only thing  that you need to buy an Amazon and not be Scammed
is do not pay the cost of the gift card before the shipping of your product .

that s why we use escrow  Roll Eyes

* Join the Bitcoin Lightning Revolution:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5276985
*Visit my Free Bookshop: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274233.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lounadolcy

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:50:25 PM

Thanks for the guide, looking to buy a gift card, 1st from bitcointalk forum and found this post very helpful.
keep it up and keep adding new information regularly to this post.
i advice you to create an offer in paxful and write in the rule that you realse btc only if the item shipped .

thanks.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:03:30 PM

I can sell you a fully legit card or "Transfer a Balance" to your account at 90% :-))

Thanks for the guide, looking to buy a gift card, 1st from bitcointalk forum and found this post very helpful.

I think I can't wait much for that want that Gift Card Right now,
501 INR gift card of Amazon.in, tell me how much it cost me in BTC
Looking to get it delivered to my Mail ID
iliair110

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:26:02 PM

hi
let be honest,legit amazon gift card with this rate(that can find it at bitcointalk) is very rare.
maybe you don't like to do illegal work but almost i'm sure you will do, and this work have many serious consequences. for example my friend arrested due selling illegal xbox gift code in USA.
but sometimes you will find good trades, i sold 2 norton IS 6 moth for 5$ amazon GC and tried to sell it at boitcoin talk but nobody paid for it even 3.5 or 4$ and i sold it at kinguin for 5.5$ because i trust my customer.
and i say every time: you can find free cheese only in mousetrap:)
good lock
surix

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:32:14 PM

My personal experience is that after several trials, I gave up and now I only buy it via bitpanda - it's 100% price, but to get this -15%~20% discount I'm spending too much time on it, for my personal use I think it's not worth the trouble.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bpovtmg (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:41:33 PM

I think you'll get no offers with that condition (as my paxful and localbitcoins experience tells me and i traded pretty much there :-))

i advice you to create an offer in paxful and write in the rule that you realse btc only if the item shipped .

thanks.

bpovtmg (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 09:44:28 PM

I would say that 90% offers with more than 10% discount are illegit.

My personal experience is that after several trials, I gave up and now I only buy it via bitpanda - it's 100% price, but to get this -15%~20% discount I'm spending too much time on it, for my personal use I think it's not worth the trouble.

bpovtmg (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:43:43 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 12:05:23 AM by bpovtmg

Well, I think now it's time again to bump up this thread and add some useful knowledge:

(1) Beware of vendors with "locked" threads where nobody else can comment except them. Those guys are very probably scammers because honest vendors don't fear the customers feedback, good or bad

(2) Beware of vendors with threads where all messages are from newbies successfully buying and telling each other how great this vendor is.

(3) As a rule (with possible exceptions, of course) DO NOT CONSIDER trading with vendors with the red trust of -3 or lower. Don't deal 100% at all if the red trust is -4 or even lower. Review the trust level carefully.

(4) ALWAYS REMEMBER:

- 100% legit Amazon Gift cards (physical ones, not e-codes, with cash receipt) can easily be sold at Paxful or LBC for 83-85%. So all offers starting from 80% and below are very very possible scams (if not 100%) because "why didn't the vendor sell them for 85% at Paxful to get much more?"

- Use alternative methods of replenishing your Amazon balance (Gift of Prime , Gift of Kindle Unlimited)

- Buy from reputable vendors (and remember your rates will be within 85-95% range in this case)

- Do your homework and know how to tell a good cash receipt from a fake one.

- Scammers normally will try to rush you that you don't have time to review the offer carefully. Be calm.

- Reread this thread and ask if in doubt

bpovtmg (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 05:36:22 PM

up

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:54:09 PM

Hi, guys!

I have been buying Amazon gift cards for bitcoins for some time already and have seen ... well ... different ways used to scam some simple-minded bitcoin buyers (including me initially).

Below are simple guidelines that will decrease your probability of being scammed when buying an Amazon Gift Card:

- Use an Escrow (this is obvious and comes first)

- Ask  for the photo of both sides of the card where the FULL card is visible (no hidden edges etc)  and the photo has a good resolution.

- Ask for a photo of the cash receipt given to the card seller when the card was bought in a shop

- Check that the cash receipt looks ... well ... like a normal cash receipt.

- Check that the *Card Number* from the card matches to the Card Number on the cash receipt.
 The *Card Number* is NOT the *Card Code*. The *Card Code* is the code that you redeem at Amazon and it looks like "AQZZ-TRDETY-CY9QF". The *Card Number* looks like a normal credit card number and consists of a long string of digits. Normally, the last 4 digits or the full *Card Number* are printed on the cash receipt. When you buy an Amazon gift card, the *Card Number* is visible (it's also printed on the package) and the *Card Code* is not visible (you need to scrape off the plastic film covering it to see the actual *Card Code*).

- Ask the card seller to write something in pen on the cash receipt (something like "Sold to <> at bitcointalk.org. No refund") and make a photo where BOTH the card and cash receipt are visible. This point helps to ensure that the seller has  both the cash receipt and card physically.

- Check on the cash receipt that the Amazon card has been bought with CASH (not with a Credit Card). It shall be clearly written on the receipt. If you see that the card was bought with a credit card, avoid it. It's a significant probability that the credit card used for that was stolen.

Those guidelines are simple, but they definitely will make your life happier enjoying your Amazon Gift Card in full.

I think the fellow forum members will definitely add their insights to this message.

The 6th bullet point is EXTREMELY important. People often just rip images off of google and try to use it as proof that they actually have cards. Buyers can do multiple things in this situation. Google reverse search is amazing, and it should be used by anyone looking to buy an Amazon gift card. If you find matches of the card somewhere online, just don't buy it from the person trying to sell to you. They're trying to scam you. Furthermore, you can always ask the seller to send 2 more pictures with a unique form to it (take a picture with a microwave in the background, with your ring finger in it as well, etc.). This insures that the person is not just ripping an image off of google.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
coolkostik

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:08:45 PM

Use alternative methods of replenishing your Amazon balance (Gift of Prime , Gift of Kindle Unlimited)

Anybody knows about Prime method or AMZ coins or etc.. is it safe method to transfer gift balance?
nhat2nhat2

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 01:53:53 PM

I would say that 90% offers with more than 10% discount are illegit.

Now, have you sell amazon gift card ?
bitrefill

Activity: 238
Merit: 52

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

You could also save yourself the risks and buy your gift cards from a legitimate vendor with instant delivery, like Bitrefill.com

Just saying!
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:20:10 AM

Hi, guys!

I have been buying Amazon gift cards for bitcoins for some time already and have seen ... well ... different ways used to scam some simple-minded bitcoin buyers (including me initially).

Below are simple guidelines that will decrease your probability of being scammed when buying an Amazon Gift Card:

- Use an Escrow (this is obvious and comes first)

- Ask  for the photo of both sides of the card where the FULL card is visible (no hidden edges etc)  and the photo has a good resolution.

- Ask for a photo of the cash receipt given to the card seller when the card was bought in a shop

- Check that the cash receipt looks ... well ... like a normal cash receipt.

- Check that the *Card Number* from the card matches to the Card Number on the cash receipt.
 The *Card Number* is NOT the *Card Code*. The *Card Code* is the code that you redeem at Amazon and it looks like "AQZZ-TRDETY-CY9QF". The *Card Number* looks like a normal credit card number and consists of a long string of digits. Normally, the last 4 digits or the full *Card Number* are printed on the cash receipt. When you buy an Amazon gift card, the *Card Number* is visible (it's also printed on the package) and the *Card Code* is not visible (you need to scrape off the plastic film covering it to see the actual *Card Code*).

- Ask the card seller to write something in pen on the cash receipt (something like "Sold to <> at bitcointalk.org. No refund") and make a photo where BOTH the card and cash receipt are visible. This point helps to ensure that the seller has  both the cash receipt and card physically.

- Check on the cash receipt that the Amazon card has been bought with CASH (not with a Credit Card). It shall be clearly written on the receipt. If you see that the card was bought with a credit card, avoid it. It's a significant probability that the credit card used for that was stolen.

Those guidelines are simple, but they definitely will make your life happier enjoying your Amazon Gift Card in full.

I think the fellow forum members will definitely add their insights to this message.
Lol, do you still buy physical Amazongift cards these days? Well, I don’t really know for sure, but I can’t do that. I prefer to buy egift codes from legit platforms that are selling it online. If you’re using the BitPay wallet there will be no reason to go about looking for where to buy Amazon gift cards (egift cards) cause you have that option to buy a gift card right from the wallet and the good thing is that you’re also paying with BTC.
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 11:29:12 AM

You could also save yourself the risks and buy your gift cards from a legitimate vendor with instant delivery, like Bitrefill.com

Just saying!

From Bitrefill FAQ:

Where do they work?
Some vouchers work worldwide, some are region-specific, some are country-specific, some are currency specific. You should always check the issuing business website and terms before purchase. If you are not sure if a voucher works in your area, contact customer service.

Is there a buy limit?
Yes, there are daily limits, depending on the product category. Some limits can be increased upon verification of the user account.

Add on top of that the discount of 0% and you will get: utterly uselless service for most on the planet.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 03:28:16 PM

How about egift codes? Is it safe?
Egift cards are also available on Amazon directly, you don't have to use other source, buying from Amazon erase all doubts of getting scammed or doubts... I've also used egiftcards.com in the past and their service is good too but can't be compared to buying direct from Amazon
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 06:36:51 AM

You can buy gift cards offline, just find a store near by and check it out, why are you even buying online when you know you aren't up for the risks? Or which country are you from maybe that's where I get it wrong? If you are in US, UK you can buy all this cards offline but if you are from other countries I can't say, if online is the only option then try dundle or mygiftcardsupply

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: