Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When the dollar collapsed, gold and bitcoin which is the best alternative?  (Read 1551 times)
qiumingsa

Activity: 212
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:41:05 AM

Bitcoin, the digital currency is the first world, one day when the dollar will collapse, it will exceed the value of money, to replace the dollar!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:43:31 AM

Collapse of dollar is not gonna happen, unexpectedly if it happens too gold will be preferred as an alternative. The reason is the acceptance as a form of investment among the entire world. Bitcoin is very young to reach people, as we are just 2-5% of world population.

zero1ten

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 08:48:25 AM

What will be the medium of exchange for the world economy after the collapse of the dollar?

There's a lot of things that actually can replace USD but the question is would the US allows it to happen, it would be surprising if it did happen, but in a hypothetical scenario like this I would say bitcoin will be much more viable option than gold simply because it's easier to store and transfer bitcoin unlike gold.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:51:30 AM

Collapse of dollar is not gonna happen, unexpectedly if it happens too gold will be preferred as an alternative. The reason is the acceptance as a form of investment among the entire world. Bitcoin is very young to reach people, as we are just 2-5% of world population.
The rise of China is nothing but collapse of dollars. So, it may happen at any time and at any aspect too. Usually wall street investors just look for alternate investments when their country stocks are not promising. It means not just currency market but total US economy is being measured through dollars.

The age of bitcoin system will not be a concern when it will be having considerable market cap. Hopefully investors are going to consider bitcoin as a most promising investment vehicle in near future.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 10:07:07 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 02:52:55 PM by deisik

The rise of China is nothing but collapse of dollars. So, it may happen at any time and at any aspect too. Usually wall street investors just look for alternate investments when their country stocks are not promising. It means not just currency market but total US economy is being measured through dollars

This can hardly be the cause for the US dollar collapse if it should happen for real

The rise of China you refer to is the direct result of the trade between China and the US, and China is the largest trade partner of the US at that. The American importers pay for the Chinese goods with the US dollars, with which the Central bank of China buys the US debt. They can't just get rid of this pile of debt they have accumulated through all these years since it would mean the inevitable collapse of China itself. As you can see, the rise of China is firmly tied to the use of the dollar, not its collapse, by any means

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:25:38 PM

What will be the medium of exchange for the world economy after the collapse of the dollar?
This is like the 4th topic about Gold or Bitcoin that I have seen this week, why the sudden craze for asking this?
Ok, I guess this is a little different topic as you are asking which is better to use as a currency. Now obviously gold is not gonna become the currency of future it was the currency of past, its very clear if you compare which to be better currency then yes its Bitcoin. But even if USD collapses some other fiat will take its place like EUR.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:24:21 PM

The chinese currency will be the best alternative. Grin Just kidding.

The returning of the gold standart might be a good option ,but the central bankers won`t allow it.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:38:32 PM

I think we will find another currency to replace dollar, bitcoin can't be alternative because some of the country banned it and most of the people in the world not really know bitcoin and bitcoin has tendency to has price swing, so for big scale transaction it is really a risky to used bitcoin, and gold maybe can become a good substitute, but a different currency will be more efficient

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:40:42 PM

it will always be the gold. remember gold is the best alternative that bitcoin. because even bitcoin price is growing too remember gold will never disappear its preciousness. thats why gold price is rising even its more than a years because the price of bitcoin is rising and growing upon its age. while bitcoin was depending on its economy and market/trading. and ofcourse its investors also. without investors the bitcoin will not grow as its price right now.
roomfirst

Activity: 516

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:47:05 PM

If Dollar collapsed, i think bitcoin is the best alternative. Because bitcoin is digital money and if all people and the government adopt bitcoin, the price of bitcoin will increase and bitcoin can replace dollar. Bitcoin will also create the physic unit, like paper or a coin. It's sounds great though.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:35:56 PM

I think that in the case of dollar's collapse the most of people will chose gold but not bitcoin. It will happen the mostly because of not so many people know about bitcoin and if there are people who know, there are those people who just don't understand how bitcoin work and think about it something pessimistic.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:44:21 PM

Gold will be the main choice for the average person as that is what they know and trust as it's something physical that they can hold in their hands.

That is the advantage of Gold over Bitcoin, plus the fact that governments will do everything to support the value of Gold as they hold the majority of the Gold in the world.

I am glad I have taken a decent position into Bitcoin. Gold is also an interesting option, but not when I have to pay a premium of 10% which I find ridiculous.

I understand that stores selling Gold want to make profit, but this way they are only creating a huge distance between a potential buyer and themselves. Greedy bastards.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 06:38:18 PM

Yeah exactly, there are many allegation nowadays regarding the crashing of dollars like what if it going slow,
dollar will never be crashed or collapsed, and up stated is correct

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:42:30 PM

Dollar has been the international currency for too long and that is mainly for the us to on the top of the economy of the word , so if the dollar collapsed the >Euro might take its pace since it is the second currency on the market , i don't see governments using bitcoin as an international currency because that does not serve the benefits of some countrys and because if they use bitcoin china will become the leader of the economy.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:02:06 PM

I guess silver would be way to go if that happens.
Or oil? I dont know for sure but there will always be some options to fill minuses.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 08:04:27 PM

If there are these two option, i think bitcoin is solution, remember greece fiat collapsed? Bitcoin replaced it, although there are just for a temporary use.

Gold can be an option, but the exchange system will be back to thousands years ago, and since people think it's commodity, but in fact gold is money.

Anyway i think government will not let their fiat collapsed, if it's happens they will create fiat V2.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:11:47 PM

First, dollar won't ever collapse as the State are super power and they have strong economics foundation.
Assume that dollar collapse, still there are some better currencies such as Euro or Pound as they have higher exchange rate.
Bitcoin in the future will be a good option as international major currency if the market cap getting bigger and has highest stable price, we do expect that.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 08:16:26 PM

Gold can be an option, but the exchange system will be back to thousands years ago, and since people think it's commodity, but in fact gold is money

There is no need to travel thousands of years back in time

The system with gold as money had been pretty well thought out and was active some 100 years ago. If we are going to return to gold standard as many are suggesting, there is no need to use real, physical gold for most of transactions. The system that had been in use a hundred years ago (so-called gold exchange standard) was based on paper money fully backed up by gold, and real gold was used only for settling accounts between countries and separate banks. There would be little to no issues to use this system again today with digital fiat 100% backed up by gold

BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:35:06 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2016, 11:07:38 PM by BitcoinPanther

Bitcoin, the digital currency is the first world, one day when the dollar will collapse, it will exceed the value of money, to replace the dollar!

Bitcoin will never replace dollar even if dollar collapse, the government will find a way to replace it with the same dollar but not crypto currency especially the decentralized one. Even with bitcoin faring well against other currency, the decentralization makes it unattractive to the government.  They might adopt the technology but am sure they will leave out decentralization and anonymity.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 10:42:57 PM

I understand that stores selling Gold want to make profit, but this way they are only creating a huge distance between a potential buyer and themselves. Greedy bastards.

I think the main problem is either one of these two options;

[1] The sellers are indeed greedy as they charge insane premiums.

[2] You are looking at amounts as low as a few grams of Gold, up to perhaps something in the range of 50 grams. In this case it's normal to see that the prices are way higher than the exchange rates. That's the same here with me. The higher the amount of Gold in grams you look to buy, the closer the purchase amount will be to the normal exchange rate.

In that regard, a 10% premium isn't all that bad if you are buying it from a website or physical store.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: