Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is there any guide here how to invest?  (Read 988 times)
jeprokzki (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:40:07 PM

hi guys im interest to buy shares/invest in Bitcoins but i dont know how to start and where? is any guidelines here for interested investors like me?

thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:47:15 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 11:50:31 AM by Franktank

There isn't exactly an official guide but here are a few pointers that may help. Exchanges that you'll definitely want to check out are BTC-TC and Bitfunder. As for stocks, it depends what you want to invest into. There are mining companies, BTC selling companies, investment bonds, and futures/options. Some of the popular ones these days are :

•ASICMiner & other mining bonds
•Satoshi Dice
•CoinBr options
•MPOEx futures/options

Before investing, I HIGHLY recommend doing all the research you can. Make sure that you know what you're getting into before investing. When reading new IPO listings, be skeptical and have a critical eye. Does it have a sound business plan? Remember, its your BTC and losses can hurt as buying more BTC these days is hard to do with the rising prices. I'm sure others will post other stocks/bonds options here.

Best of luck

kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:52:54 PM

The home of the home of the Bitcoin finance.

ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:02:50 PM

There isn't exactly an official guide but here are a few pointers that may help. Exchange that you'll definitely want to check out are BTC-TC and Bitfunder. As for stocks, it depends what you want to invest into. There are mining companies, BTC selling companies, investment bonds, and futures/options. Some of the popular ones these days are :

•ASICMiner & other mining bonds
•Satoshi Dice
•CoinBr options
•MPOEx futures/options

Before investing, I HIGHLY recommend doing all the research you can. Make sure that you know what you're getting into before investing. When reading new IPO listings, be skeptical and have a critical eye. Does it have a sound business plan? Remember, its your BTC and losses can hurt as buying more BTC these days can hard to do with the rising prices. I'm sure others will post other stocks/bonds options here.

Best of luck

For beginners, this is the most palatable advice one can give.
I kind of just threw myself in there.  Lots of BTC exchanges are rather newb friendly, but that can be really dangerous for people who aren't diligent with their investments.  Remember, there's no "get rich quick" scheme.  Investments, BTC and $ alike, are supposed to be investments!  The key is finding good people to invest in, not necessarily good stocks. 

Make an account over at Havelock and just browse around, follow trends for a week or two before plunging.  Good luck!
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:59:21 AM

hi guys im interest to buy shares/invest in Bitcoins but i dont know how to start and where? is any guidelines here for interested investors like me?

thanks in advance

Go get some books.  You are in for hurt asking around here.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
jeprokzki (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:37:30 AM

thank you guys for your inputs...
i know how the real trading/investing stock works. but now i just want to find out how tradin/investing btc works  Smiley
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:51:08 AM

1) Buy Bitcoins
2) Wait
3) Profit!!!   Grin
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:56:11 AM

i know how the real trading/investing stock works. but now i just want to find out how tradin/investing btc works  Smiley

The same, only with more children pretending to be companies or financial experts. The two Franktank mentioned, ASICMINER and S.Dice, are really the only two major, professionally operated companies you can invest in with BTC right now.

You may also want to take a look at havelockinvestments.com, I don't personally invest in mining operations (other than ASICMINER), and I didn't get in on the most recent IPO for their exchange because I had too much else on the go to put in the research, but I have traded six figures through them (cavirtex.com), and they are top notch people. So I retract my original statement, including cavirtex, there are at least three solid companies you can invest in.
ar9

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:34:11 AM

i know how the real trading/investing stock works. but now i just want to find out how tradin/investing btc works  Smiley

Not to forget Havelock Investments very own mining fund.  Smiley

The same, only with more children pretending to be companies or financial experts. The two Franktank mentioned, ASICMINER and S.Dice, are really the only two major, professionally operated companies you can invest in with BTC right now.

You may also want to take a look at havelockinvestments.com, I don't personally invest in mining operations (other than ASICMINER), and I didn't get in on the most recent IPO for their exchange because I had too much else on the go to put in the research, but I have traded six figures through them (cavirtex.com), and they are top notch people. So I retract my original statement, including cavirtex, there are at least three solid companies you can invest in.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:24:41 PM

thanks in advance

You might start with this lengthy list of how not to invest.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:21:05 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 03:37:42 AM by usagi

thanks in advance

You might start with this lengthy list of how not to invest.

Don't bother, that post is a complete lie designed to attack MPEX's competitors. It basically says that anything that didn't list on MPEX and happened to have failed was an intentional scam. They even list businesses that are still in operation as scams, for example, DMC. There's even a section on me for example, which would take a five paragraph essay to correct all the lies and inaccuracies. Just ignore him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: