Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear signature spammers... (or account farmers.) -- Read the STATS inside.  (Read 5099 times)
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:19:20 AM

I've been doing some research and funnily enough, I saw tons of shitty posts by kids wanting to make a few cents. Well, here's a message to you guys selling your souls for $0.001. And before you say "it's more in Bitcoin!!!", it's still a dust amount.

So first of all, this is to you... "farmers."

If you make 3 accounts, you'll need to get to Hero Member to make a decent amount via SIG CAMPAIGNS.

So if activity is based on this...

Code:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

and the ranks need this much activity to reach...

Code:
    0 Posts: Brand New
    0 Activity: Newbie
    30 Activity: Jr. Member
    60 Activity: Member
    120 Activity: Full Member
    240 Activity: Sr. Member
    480 Activity: Hero Member

Then you need to wait around 30-40 weeks. And that's assuming you make 14 posts every 2-week period.

So let's talk about long term income. If you farm...

1 account (the stats are):

32 weeks before you can make an income. Once you can join a campaign, you'll make around 0.0008 BTC per post or 0.035 BTC a week.
Let's say there are 100 days left in the year once you join a campaign. That's around 14 weeks. 0.035*14 = 0.49 BTC.

In a one year period, you managed to make 0.49 BTC which is currently == 381.82 US Dollar.
Now let's figure out the hourly income long-term through the year doing that. (and day and week and month.)

Monthly income (3 months out of 100 days): $127.30 a month.
Weekly income (14 weeks out of 100 days): $27.27 a week.
Daily income (100 days out of 100 days): $3.81 a day.
Hourly income (2,400 hours out of 100 days): $0.15 a day.
Yearly income (381.82*3.10(?)) = > $1.2K (and the campaign is unlikely to run that long.)

This is assuming that you are able to meet the minimum requirements of 75(?) high quality posts a week.

2 accounts (the stats are):

32 weeks before you can make an income. Once you can join a campaign, you'll make around 0.0008 BTC per post or 0.035 BTC a week.
Let's say there are 100 days left in the year once you join a campaign. That's around 14 weeks. 0.035*14 = 0.49 BTC.

In a one year period, you managed to make 0.98 BTC which is currently == 762.50 US Dollar.
Now let's figure out the hourly income long-term through the year doing that. (and day and week and month.)

Monthly income (3 months out of 100 days): $127.30*2 a month = $254.60 a month.
Weekly income (14 weeks out of 100 days): $27.27*2 a week = $54.54 a week
Daily income (100 days out of 100 days): $3.81*2 a day = $7.62 a day
Hourly income (2,400 hours out of 100 days): $0.15*2 a day = $0.30 an hour.

3 accounts (the stats are):

You get the point.

Now, let's compare those to a minimum job (this is in the US.). Even at part time, you would usually get 8 shifts (and this is if you get a crappy manager) at a place like McDonald's. If you're up for it, you can get up to 20 hours a week, more or less. Now with the minimum wage, and assuming you work 1.5* between the 8 and 20 shifts, let's assume you work 14 hours a week @ 7.25 USD per hour.

That would bring you up to around $101.5 a week. Now we take away 25% (taxes(?)) which leaves us with around $75 a week.

Weekly income: $75 a week. Amount of effort: MUCH less than making 150 posts a week that meet 10 requirements and a whole lot of eye strain (+ probably carpal tunnel at the end) for a 50% higher wage

So let's compare one more time.

McDonald's job at $75 a week (min wage + min hours(ish)) = 75*4
vs
2 BCT accounts @ hero rank making $50(?) a week with a HIGH PAYING signature campaign = 54*4

McDonald's = $300 in one month.
BCT = $216 in one month.

McDOnald's = Easier, more efficient and much better.

"Okay 0x000010, what is your point?

Here's my point. You all need to stop wasting your life farming accounts on a forum for pennies and pissing the hell out of everyone else, and go find a job. Sure you might be living in a third world country but still, you could be creative and do somethign else with your time. Find a business idea, look at the many ideas online, if you can't get a job you have to find a way. You can't live the rest of your life scavenging off of forums. Even if it's just extra income, you're wasting WAY too much time on it (I know some people with 10+ accounts at a time in one signature campaign (usually in one, sometimes spread out.)

And my MESSAGE to SIGNATURE SPAMMERS

You guys are SO annoying. I see 500 people repeating the SAME bloody SENTENCE or copying and pasting off of another website on EVERY single thread, especially in the GAMBLING section. Or the lending section. It's BLOODY annoying. And for WHAT? A few BLOODY CENTS? Shame on you. If you're wanting money off of it, don't bloody SPAM like a retard. At least post in threads wher eyou can actually HELP someone out.

RANT OVER.

keybase.io/0x0010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:33:22 AM

Though I straightly see the reason for the kids to earn some BTC while they don`t know what to do in the IN, I don`t see the reason in screaming in the site like a girl about an issue that happens everywhere in the Internet

Are you trying to play "an aware and conscious boy" who knows the Holly Truth?

You are reminding me these useless kids right now. The same shit - different side

How old are you, screaming kid?
0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:54:24 AM

Though I straightly see the reason for the kids to earn some BTC while they don`t know what to do in the IN, I don`t see the reason in screaming in the site like a girl about an issue that happens everywhere in the Internet

Are you trying to play "an aware and conscious boy" who knows the Holly Truth?

You are reminding me these useless kids right now. The same shit - different side

How old are you, screaming kid?

well it's better than letting spammers get away with it mate.

keybase.io/0x0010
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 09:26:01 AM

I see 500 people repeating the SAME bloody SENTENCE or copying and pasting off of another website on EVERY single thread, especially in the GAMBLING section.
If they are copy-pasting content from the internet (without sources, e.g. Press section), then please report them. This warrants a permanent ban.

Monthly income (3 months out of 100 days): $127.30 a month.
So I need about 100 accounts to become rich Huh Good plan!

/s

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
400actforsale

Activity: 127
Merit: 101

BTC will drop

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:33:31 AM

Well the minimum wage in other countries don't go as high as $7.25 (in my place that's only ~$4 USD). In poorer countries that is even worse. You have mentioned BCT members with 2 accounts can make $216 a month, which is already a good amount for those (and also other person earning online demanding an extra cup of coffee).

Goodbye bitcoin!
Captain Corporate

Activity: 1946
Merit: 575

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

I find it funny how you think people farm 3 accounts Cheesy There are people with over 20 accounts. Those people do make a whole lot more than cents an hour. All you do is write 20 posts a day from each account. If 2 account makes 200+ dollars than it means that 20 accounts make 2000+ dollars. Thats a whoooole lot of money in many places of the world.

For this , all you gotta do is bring your profiles to a decent rank and write posts with them , thats it.

I still think they are spammers and I wish we could find them and ban them , but that doesn't mean they are not making money.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:57:41 AM

1. Not all country have the same minimum wage, for example in my country only $1 per hour
2. Not all users in signature campaign spends hours( or whole day) here in the forum (some only visit here on their free time and have RL job)
3. Some people don't want to work in McDonalds as they don't want other people to ask them what should they do (atleast here in the forum they can do posting in any time they are free) and not all people are fit to work.

0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

1. Not all country have the same minimum wage, for example in my country only $1 per hour
2. Not all users in signature campaign spends hours( or whole day) here in the forum (some only visit here on their free time and have RL job)
3. Some people don't want to work in McDonalds as they don't want other people to ask them what should they do (atleast here in the forum they can do posting in any time they are free) and not all people are fit to work.

"as they don't want other people to ask them what should they do "

Huh Huh Huh

Code:
Users with negative trust (negative trust is considered as a red flair on default trust level two) are not allowed to participate in this campaign
Minimum of 50 posts per month. Users who are unable to make 50 posts in a month will receive their partial payment, and then be removed from the campaign. They won't be able to join the campaign again for a month after being removed.
Post(s) posted by you on this thread or other signatures campaign will not count and will not be qualified for payment. Also, any posts made in the "Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns" thread won't be counted towards a user's 50 posts per month.
Posts made in the Off-topic, Games and rounds, Investor-based games, Politics and Society or any Local sections will NOT be counted towards a user's 50 posts per month.
During the campaign you are not allowed to change/remove your signature, if you do so, you will be removed from this campaign, and won't receive any payout. We don't allow multiple signatures.
We do not reserve spots. It's first come, first serve.
Posts must be constructive and subject related; posts must not contain spamming, bumps, advertising, scamming, forum abuse etc. We will verify the quality of your posts. Please have the majority of your posts in a bitcoin-related area. We define constructive posting as something that contributes to the subject at hand, and doesn't restate something previously mentioned.
We have the right to change the payout amounts at the beginning of each new period, due the volatile price of Bitcoin.
Only posts in English will be counted towards your 50 posts per month.
While running the Rollin.io signature, you aren't allow to advertise other websites in your avatar or personal message space. If you do, you will be asked to remove these advertisements.
Once you've received your monthly payment, we will assume that you are continuing the campaign and will sign you up for another month. To stop this, please either post here or send me a PM letting me know that you're leaving the campaign.
All participants of this campaign must make a minimum of 3 posts per week. If a user is unable to make 3 posts in any given 7 day time period, they will be removed from the campaign.
The affiliate link in the signatures cannot be changed. This is for stat tracking purposes.

keybase.io/0x0010
K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:30:46 AM

For the real problem farmers who cultivate hundreds, if not thousands of accounts, you can see why it's worth it for them.  Especially if they are in lower-income countries.  From what I gather, the large-scale farmers only post in order to rank up the accounts in order to sell them.  That's the income they work towards and if they can earn from a sig campaign in the meantime, even better.  People who buy these accounts may only have 3 or 10 accounts, but they start earning on signature campaigns straight away without having to work up through the ranks.

What I'm trying to say is that I think it's naive to recommend that all these people give up what they're doing and get a job in McDonalds.  For the people involved in account farming and "professional" posting, it evidently is worth it.  That's why the forum has to take action to stop it.  The problem won't solve itself and will only get worse.

PS. This is and always will be my only account on this forum, and if I had to choose between working 12 hours on my computer and working 1 hour in McDonald's for the same pay, I would choose my computer every time  Grin
symbian

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:32:44 AM

This thread needs to be stickied and you need to bold up the part where you explain what your point is.
0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:38:35 AM

For the real problem farmers who cultivate hundreds, if not thousands of accounts, you can see why it's worth it for them.  Especially if they are in lower-income countries.  From what I gather, the large-scale farmers only post in order to rank up the accounts in order to sell them.  That's the income they work towards and if they can earn from a sig campaign in the meantime, even better.  People who buy these accounts may only have 3 or 10 accounts, but they start earning on signature campaigns straight away without having to work up through the ranks.

What I'm trying to say is that I think it's naive to recommend that all these people give up what they're doing and get a job in McDonalds.  For the people involved in account farming and "professional" posting, it evidently is worth it.  That's why the forum has to take action to stop it.  The problem won't solve itself and will only get worse.

PS. This is and always will be my only account on this forum, and if I had to choose between working 12 hours on my computer and working 1 hour in McDonald's for the same pay, I would choose my computer every time  Grin

Look, I get what you're saying. But see the thing is, they don't give a shit about anything other than themselves. Go on any thread in the gambling section or meta where someone asks a question.
The layout will look something like this:

OP asks question: "what is penis ??"

Answer 1: links 10 helpful pages, explains it in own words.

Next 10 answers from 10 accounts with 3 owners: repeating the answer. " penis when man love Woman much !!!!!  Undecided Kiss tnx, for ask ,,,"

If they put some effort into their posts and actually contributed, it wouldn't be such a problem.

keybase.io/0x0010
symbian

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:39:45 AM

Look, I get what you're saying. But see the thing is, they don't give a shit about anything other than themselves. Go on any thread in the gambling section or meta where someone asks a question.

Next 10 answers from 10 accounts with 3 owners: repeating the answer. " penis when man love Woman much !!!!!  Undecided Kiss tnx, for ask ,,,"

If they put some effort into their posts and actually contributed, it wouldn't be such a problem.

they might be doing to for more then just bitcoin dust, they could be learning about bitcoin as they go along and obviously their working on their typing speed and English.
0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:45:13 AM

they might be doing to for more then just bitcoin dust, they could be learning about bitcoin as they go along and obviously their working on their typing speed and English.

That would be true if majority of the weren't in the gambling section repeating what someone else said or in meta/discussion threads posting basic knowledge. Yeah some people are in it for the good and I (as well as many others probably) have nothing against them. It's the spammers that we all hate.

keybase.io/0x0010
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:47:41 AM

'They' represents a smaller part of the total signature campaign participants. I'd say that there are more than 10 spammers (account wise) for every genuine poster.

That would be true if majority of the weren't in the gambling section repeating what someone else said or in meta/discussion threads posting basic knowledge.
Correct. They avoid anything that requires actually thinking and/or skills to properly contribute. It is easy to spew out half-baked posts in threads of lower quality (I should know).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:55:18 AM

I find it quite distasteful that the OP has no idea how much $200 per month is to some people.

I could list all of the stats about how many BILLIONS of people in the world live on less than this and the fact that one BILLION people live on less than $1 per day but instead I'll point out that there are many hundreds of thousands of people in the developed world who have jobs but do not have anywhere near as much as $200 per month disposable income. I don't know about you but I'd do all it takes to have a little bit of extra money available should I need to buy something for my family.

I agree that low quality posts are an issue here but if you think that doing something part time to earn an extra $200 a month isn't worth it, you need a reality check.
K~Ehleyr

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:02:27 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just see the bit I've bolded as the salient point.  They don't give a shit and we can't make them give a shit.  Why should they when they're only doing it for the money and they can get paid the same for a crappy meaningless spam post as for a constructive post that they'd have to spend ten minutes thinking about?  Admin needs to take a stance against this epidemic in a way that's going to either block them (block registrations/logins from the same IP?) or make it more trouble for them than it's worth (require participants of signature campaigns to submit copies of their ID KYC style?).  Just trying to appeal to the farmers'/spammers' conscience and decency is futile, precisely because they don't give a shit.
0x0010 (OP)

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:21:31 PM

I find it quite distasteful that the OP has no idea how much $200 per month is to some people.

I could list all of the stats about how many BILLIONS of people in the world live on less than this and the fact that one BILLION people live on less than $1 per day but instead I'll point out that there are many hundreds of thousands of people in the developed world who have jobs but do not have anywhere near as much as $200 per month disposable income. I don't know about you but I'd do all it takes to have a little bit of extra money available should I need to buy something for my family.

I agree that low quality posts are an issue here but if you think that doing something part time to earn an extra $200 a month isn't worth it, you need a reality check.

No I know how much $1 is. I know how much money is worth in third world countries. But the thing is if they get too attached to spamming on forums, what will they do if signature campaigns close down? Or if something happens and they need to get a real job. I'm not saying not to do it. No one is. But the spammers need to learn that there are BETTER ways of making money. They're throwing hours away doing nothing but posting shit for a few cents. And the funny thing is most of them just use the money to gamble. (Sure there could be people desperate for money, but the point still stands.)

I in no way think that making an extra $200 is a bad thing but if you want money at least put in SOME effort.

keybase.io/0x0010
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:56:32 AM

"as they don't want other people to ask them what should they do "

Huh Huh Huh

Code:
Users with negative trust (negative trust is considered as a red flair on default trust level two) are not allowed to participate in this campaign
Minimum of 50 posts per month. Users who are unable to make 50 posts in a month will receive their partial payment, and then be removed from the campaign. They won't be able to join the campaign again for a month after being removed.
Post(s) posted by you on this thread or other signatures campaign will not count and will not be qualified for payment. Also, any posts made in the "Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns" thread won't be counted towards a user's 50 posts per month.
Posts made in the Off-topic, Games and rounds, Investor-based games, Politics and Society or any Local sections will NOT be counted towards a user's 50 posts per month.
During the campaign you are not allowed to change/remove your signature, if you do so, you will be removed from this campaign, and won't receive any payout. We don't allow multiple signatures.
We do not reserve spots. It's first come, first serve.
Posts must be constructive and subject related; posts must not contain spamming, bumps, advertising, scamming, forum abuse etc. We will verify the quality of your posts. Please have the majority of your posts in a bitcoin-related area. We define constructive posting as something that contributes to the subject at hand, and doesn't restate something previously mentioned.
We have the right to change the payout amounts at the beginning of each new period, due the volatile price of Bitcoin.
Only posts in English will be counted towards your 50 posts per month.
While running the Rollin.io signature, you aren't allow to advertise other websites in your avatar or personal message space. If you do, you will be asked to remove these advertisements.
Once you've received your monthly payment, we will assume that you are continuing the campaign and will sign you up for another month. To stop this, please either post here or send me a PM letting me know that you're leaving the campaign.
All participants of this campaign must make a minimum of 3 posts per week. If a user is unable to make 3 posts in any given 7 day time period, they will be removed from the campaign.
The affiliate link in the signatures cannot be changed. This is for stat tracking purposes.

but still its a users choice where they want to post, campaign rules are not really required to follow. users should always remember signature campaign is not a job (though campaigns really help some people). signature campaigns is only an incentive while you are posting here in the forum and not paying you to make post, its not the same

Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:10:35 PM

but still its a users choice where they want to post, campaign rules are not really required to follow. users should always remember signature campaign is not a job (though campaigns really help some people). signature campaigns is only an incentive while you are posting here in the forum and not paying you to make post, its not the same

And who says that signature campaign should not be considered a job?
I am not encouraging spammers by saying that they "need" to make xx amount of posts in order to get paid as they will be caught eventually, but if you are saying that we should not go by the rules if in a signature campaign, better not to join it, ah?
Signature campaigns should be treated as an assigned job as you are in because you are supposed to advertise them, obviously through contributing in a better way and not through spamming.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 03:24:16 PM

And who says that signature campaign should not be considered a job?
I am not encouraging spammers by saying that they "need" to make xx amount of posts in order to get paid as they will be caught eventually, but if you are saying that we should not go by the rules if in a signature campaign, better not to join it, ah?
Signature campaigns should be treated as an assigned job as you are in because you are supposed to advertise them, obviously through contributing in a better way and not through spamming.

job
noun \ˈjäb\

1. a piece of work; especially a small miscellaneous piece of work undertaken on order at a stated rate

Seems to me like it checks out. Signature campaigns are tasks that you sign up for - you fulfill a quota to receive payment. The pay rates can differ, but the principle is still the same. Think of most jobs in the world - they can be usually compared to signature campaigns. There are rules, there are managers, and there is payment for your work done.

In signature campaigns, you are paid to market to consumers. However, you aren't paid on clicks or views but rather the quantity of the number of posts you spit out - similar to renting out billboards. In this case, the user is the billboard and that is their job.

But the problem is the sheer amount of spam. In real life, would you really just slack off in your job and crank out shit to fulfill your quota for payment?

If given the opportunity to do so, a lot of people would. That's the problem. Spammers exist because they can; part of the blame lies on the signature campaigns that AREN'T cracking down on spammers and allowing them to exist in the forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: