Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear signature spammers... (or account farmers.) -- Read the STATS inside.  (Read 5099 times)
Lambe Ndumble

Activity: 569
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:15:42 AM

This is the thing that makes us uncomfortable, everyone will make the signature campaign as income so that they do not regularly post and constructive.

..........///....../////..........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:21:47 AM

Yeah.

I just want to see ONE quality thread where the replies dont look like they're being forced by people that have a gun to their head. One reason I miss other forums is because they had a strict enforcement on advertising other sites in their signature like how we do on here. I never got it until now.

keybase.io/0x0010
xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:31:11 AM

You simply have no idea what a third world country is.
"A Third World country is a country whose views are not aligned with NATO and capitalism or the Soviet Union and communism. The use of the term "Third World" started during the Cold War and was used to identify which of three categories the countries of the world aligned with."
Please get your facts correct before accusing other countries to be poor.
As for Signature campaign spammers, the could simply buy accounts of Hero Members and keep spamming. The only possible solution is IP checks.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:08:50 PM

OP, you're being naieve enough to think that everyone here is an average US adult without a job who thinks that they will become rich of a signature campaign. The damn minimum wage here is $17 and I'm here, aren't I?

The way I see it, there are two kinds of signature users on this forum. Illiterate spammers from third and second world countries who try to earn a bit of dust in a quest to get to a better place but in turn ruining this forum, and people that genuinely are interested in the forum, and want to have some extra dust to play with.

"A Third World country is a country whose views are not aligned with NATO and capitalism or the Soviet Union and communism. The use of the term "Third World" started during the Cold War and was used to identify which of three categories the countries of the world aligned with."
As for Signature campaign spammers, the could simply buy accounts of Hero Members and keep spamming. The only possible solution is IP checks.

That may be the original meaning of the phrase, but the term these days is usually used to describe their status in relation to the superpowers of the world. 3rd being not developing or doing so at a rate that will only make the gap bigger over time, 2nd being developing, a country that's GDP is growing at a rate that will catch up to 1st World countries, and 1st having a high stable GDP.

IP checks only works if the spammer/farmer have ISP with Static IP, but many cheap ISP or ISP with slow speed usually use Dynamic IP. Also, the spammer/farmer can use free proxy/VPN.

Proxies and VPNs (especially public and free ones) have a high chance of being marked and can earn you a unit of evil for your troubles.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
0x0010 (OP)

Activity: 112

female ;)

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 12:10:33 PM

OP, you're being naieve enough to think that everyone here is an average US adult without a job who thinks that they will become rich of a signature campaign. The damn minimum wage here is $17 and I'm here, aren't I?

The way I see it, there are two kinds of signature users on this forum. Illiterate spammers from third and second world countries who try to earn a bit of dust in a quest to get to a better place but in turn ruining this forum, and people that genuinely are interested in the forum, and want to have some extra dust to play with.

That may be the original meaning of the phrase, but the term these days is usually used to describe their status in relation to the superpowers of the world. 3rd being not developing or doing so at a rate that will only make the gap bigger over time, 2nd being developing, a country that's GDP is growing at a rate that will catch up to 1st World countries, and 1st having a high stable GDP.

IP checks only works if the spammer/farmer have ISP with Static IP, but many cheap ISP or ISP with slow speed usually use Dynamic IP. Also, the spammer/farmer can use free proxy/VPN.

Proxies and VPNs (especially public and free ones) have a high chance of being marked and can earn you a unit of evil for your troubles.

Again...

"Here's my point. You all need to stop wasting your life farming accounts on a forum for pennies and pissing the hell out of everyone else, and go find a job. Sure you might be living in a third world country but still, you could be creative and do somethign else with your time. Find a business idea, look at the many ideas online, if you can't get a job you have to find a way. You can't live the rest of your life scavenging off of forums. Even if it's just extra income, you're wasting WAY too much time on it (I know some people with 10+ accounts at a time in one signature campaign (usually in one, sometimes spread out.)"

What will they do when sig campaigns end? Live with no money? Better to start now.

keybase.io/0x0010
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:16:44 PM

Again...

"Here's my point. You all need to stop wasting your life farming accounts on a forum for pennies and pissing the hell out of everyone else, and go find a job. Sure you might be living in a third world country but still, you could be creative and do somethign else with your time. Find a business idea, look at the many ideas online, if you can't get a job you have to find a way. You can't live the rest of your life scavenging off of forums. Even if it's just extra income, you're wasting WAY too much time on it (I know some people with 10+ accounts at a time in one signature campaign (usually in one, sometimes spread out.)"

What will they do when sig campaigns end? Live with no money? Better to start now.

Half the signature spammers don't even know what Bitcoin is. They're just allured by the idea that they can make actual money from little physical work and in their case, little mental work too.

But I've got to admit, it's not as easy as it seems to apply for a job if you don't have the skills, especially in more... "Unfortunate" countries.

Hm... Why do you think faucets were such a success?

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:41:38 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 11:09:22 PM by marlboroza

Why did you use your ALT account to write this? Is your original account red marked or SMAS banned for sig camp and now you are jelious?

Again...

You are wrong, 10 farming accounts in signature campaign worth 0.03-0.04BTC weekly is not few pennies, it is 1.2-1.6BTC/month, and with this bitcoin price it is a hell good money for just typing few words.
Maybe 1000$ from signature campaign is better then 200$ for hard work they can do in their countries, if they can find job at all.

Sure you might be living in a third world country but still, you could be creative and do somethign else with your time. Find a business idea, look at the many ideas online, if you can't get a job you have to find a way. You can't live the rest of your life scavenging off of forums.

Live with no money? Better to start now.

You don't know shit you are saying kid. You have never been in situation where you can't find any type of income even small one.
Don't get me wrong, i don't like farming account spammers, report them if you find them, but the way you talk, it is just wrong.

Live with no money? Better to start now.

Angry  Angry  Angry

symbian

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:55:47 PM

So then its all suspicion. I do expect a lot of spammers come here to make a living but your 1:10 ratio seemed out of line to me.
Not exactly 'all suspicion. One can't create this conclusion for all campaigns and at all times (as obviously it will differ due to various factors). However, this is just upscaling of localized numbers.

I'm sure its quite a lot but I doubt that many are spammers. It may just seem like that. Thanks for taking the time to answer me.

I'm pretty sure that there are more than the majority seems to think. Just remember, we have several examples of 1 person owning over 10 accounts.

That's news to me. Who owns more then 10 accounts, is there a thread I can read to catch up on that?
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 12:58:10 AM

That's news to me. Who owns more then 10 accounts, is there a thread I can read to catch up on that?
There are threads such as this one where other users attempt to link accounts through blockchain and other evidence*. If you look at the first few posts you can see multiple users with several accounts each.

*None of it is hard proof, however it is fairly likely it is correct.
Yohji Yamamoto

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:09:39 AM

I see 500 people repeating the SAME bloody SENTENCE or copying and pasting off of another website on EVERY single thread, especially in the GAMBLING section.
If they are copy-pasting content from the internet (without sources, e.g. Press section), then please report them. This warrants a permanent ban.

Monthly income (3 months out of 100 days): $127.30 a month.
So I need about 100 accounts to become rich Huh Good plan!

/s

Just click report and you will ban? Sometimes many were reported but they still can spam.   Huh
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 12:57:57 PM

I wouldn't call it quite 'high'.

Just click report and you will ban? Sometimes many were reported but they still can spam.   Huh
There are only two active staff members that can issue bans right now: Cyrus and hilariousandco. It's solely up to them whether someone will be banned or not.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:32:09 PM

I find it quite distasteful that the OP has no idea how much $200 per month is to some people.

I could list all of the stats about how many BILLIONS of people in the world live on less than this and the fact that one BILLION people live on less than $1 per day but instead I'll point out that there are many hundreds of thousands of people in the developed world who have jobs but do not have anywhere near as much as $200 per month disposable income. I don't know about you but I'd do all it takes to have a little bit of extra money available should I need to buy something for my family.

I agree that low quality posts are an issue here but if you think that doing something part time to earn an extra $200 a month isn't worth it, you need a reality check.
Yeh fuck dat.  Laziness an' stupidity thrive in dirt po' countries,  an' reading what they write is an exercise in ponderous futility.   Them mothafukkas need to stop reproducin' so freely.  Mah point is, would you let a buncha homeless fools party in yo backyard an' use it as a commode?  Naw, I din't thank so!!
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

The fact is most signature spammers don't live in the US and probably have nothing better to do with the time or even unemployed.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:53:08 PM

The fact is most signature spammers don't live in the US and probably have nothing better to do with the time or even unemployed.
You're right, that was also my point. Comparing forum payouts to US wages will, despite what OP thinks, still show campaigns as profitable. Even if you cut the payouts by half it wouldn't discourage people from spamming, because of wage differences. To give you a perspective, I've noticed some of the spam coming from Indonesian forum users. Minimum monthly wage in Indonesia is close to $100 according to this site http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=101&loctype=1 Even if they are wrong and it's twice that (200USD), you can still earn such money here. This means in some parts of the world an unemployed person can treat forum like a typical day job.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 04:55:49 PM

You're right, that was also my point. Comparing forum payouts to US wages will, despite what OP thinks, still show campaigns as profitable. Even if you cut the payouts by half it wouldn't discourage people from spamming, because of wage differences. To give you a perspective, I've noticed some of the spam coming from Indonesian forum users. Minimum monthly wage in Indonesia is close to $100 according to this site http://www.salaryexplorer.com/salary-survey.php?loc=101&loctype=1 Even if they are wrong and it's twice that (200USD), you can still earn such money here. This means in some parts of the world an unemployed person can treat forum like a typical day job.

I thought the majority were people from the Phillippines. That's what I've noticed, but perhaps I'm wrong (selection bias).

An unemployed person can treat this as a typical day job, yes. However, if they are spamming, that is absolutely not okay. When you work for someone, you don't do a shit job and expect them to pay you. A signature spammer values quantity over quality... when does this occur in real life? (Maybe low-end jobs where you need to pump out crap) If a user can't even do their job properly, do they deserve it? If they're unemployed, they have the time to post quality content. I've noticed 30 posts is the quota for a lot of campaigns, so we'll simply use that number.

Let's say you post 4 posts on the weekdays and 5 posts on the weekends - is it that hard to find a worthy discussion that has a question/topic which hasn't been talked about over and over again to add some new information to it? If you have an entire day to write 4 or 5 posts, that's several hours you have per post. Even if you take an hour for each of those posts, that's a 30-hour work week.

It shouldn't matter what their living conditions are. Spam is spam, and should not be tolerated... and I hate it when spammers attempt to feign ignorance by stating that they do not know if a post is spam, or if they claim that their English is poor and thus the grammar falls. Absolutely ridiculous. After skimming through the post, you should be able to tell whether it has substance or not; if your English is poor, you should go to a local board. I don't try to market products in China with shitty grammar, and they shouldn't market the signature in the English-based sections with shitty grammar.

(but then of course the secondstrade campaign is filled with spammers, giving them opportunities)

xavier77

Activity: 280
Merit: 252

Xavier

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:41:25 PM

Half the signature spammers don't even know what Bitcoin is. They're just allured by the idea that they can make actual money from little physical work and in their case, little mental work too.

But I've got to admit, it's not as easy as it seems to apply for a job if you don't have the skills, especially in more... "Unfortunate" countries.

Hm... Why do you think faucets were such a success?

I second that. I wonder how captcha solving and faucet services became famous. I wonder how people can even make new faucets every day and wait for a large traffic but I am always proved wrong. Why do people waste days of hard work for few cents? The idea of Freelancing doesn't even cross their mind. To be candid, collecting BTC from faucets and waiting for giveaways is not my cup of tea. We can do much better than that using our brains.

Same goes for Signature Campaign. Some people randomly post on useless threads that are already filled up with the same posts. I am no exception to that. I had given my account to a friend and after a month, I came back only to see myself kicked from that campaign. I've seen many Newbies reading about BTC and/or hearing from their friends and hoping that they would be rich instantly if they're introduced to the Bitcoin world. They can go from scamming to falling as low as to beg for tips. They gamble away their earned BTC and blame the website for being rigged. I've seen how they take online money so lightly. Even 100$ seems nothing when stored online whereas they would do anything to bargain just a few cents from marts.

They are not unskilled or illiterate, it is just that they don't value online currency. They don't take Signature Campaign as an important job which can be displayed from their post quality.

BitDice[]               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:33:44 PM

You are making the mistake of thinking that McDonalds minimum wage applies in every country in the world... but someone making 380 ish dollars with 3 accounts posting on the internet is having a great deal in certain countries. Even in some European countries like in some parts of Czech republic or nearby, you could make a living in some non expensive area with that money.

Sig campaigns are saving a lot of people's lives. Let's not ruin something that has an actual direct impact on people's lives thanks to bitcoin. Some people hate commuting and having a boss telling you what to do, they may prefer to make less money and get the freedom of working at your own schedule in return, plus like I said before, in some countries you make more than minimum wage with sig campaigns (is not my case, for me is just a small bonus, im still doomed to work unfortunately).
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 02:05:25 PM

You are making the mistake of thinking that McDonalds minimum wage applies in every country in the world... but someone making 380 ish dollars with 3 accounts posting on the internet is having a great deal in certain countries. Even in some European countries like in some parts of Czech republic or nearby, you could make a living in some non expensive area with that money.
That's not our problem. People should try to acquire some actually useful skills rather that mindlessly posting garbage around here. For example, it is not that hard to pick up some programming language for some entry level position.

Sig campaigns are saving a lot of people's lives. Let's not ruin something that has an actual direct impact on people's lives thanks to bitcoin.
Again, not our problem. People that are genuinely contributing will continue to get paid. People that are posting garbage just to get paid will eventually keep getting banned / blacklisted / etc. We need to prevent them from diluting this forum; the average posting quality is already worrisome.

They don't take Signature Campaign as an important job which can be displayed from their post quality.
If they were actually doing their "job" properly, then I'd say that this problem would be much smaller. However, these people usually don't care about Bitcoin nor the forum and just want the money.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dead Shot

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:27:52 PM

That's not our problem. People should try to acquire some actually useful skills rather that mindlessly posting garbage around here. For example, it is not that hard to pick up some programming language for some entry level position.

I agree with Lauda there, yes maybe you earn maybe around 380ish dollars with three accounts posting here you still shouldn't it is still the same as disobeying the rules, the law, the word of the master. It is clearly stated that it is allowed to, but earning from it is discouraged. The point of the OP is the quality of the post and abiding with the rule. Like Lauda sid you should try learning some skills to have a job to earn for a living. *programming is one of it
Yohji Yamamoto

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:18:45 AM

Developed country citizens don't need to farm accounts actually, their wages are high and it is not worth, find a normal job is paying much than campaigns. Only developing country citizens spam. Sad.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: