Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Drop Card Issues - Jig Reflash Thread  (Read 4518 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:52:42 PM

If someone can send me some high res photos of both sides of the board, and some pics of the jig and where it interfaces on the board, im pretty sure I can whip up a flasher for you guys that would require about $30 bucks worth of parts. I pretty much did the same thing for the Alcheminer guys when their boards had a major firmware issue that needed reflashing.
Dude, you're a God. Next time I'm in VA I'll msg you for a beer (root beer or otherwise). That would be the way to do it.

I reached out to Vinylwasp who provided some pictures and has the Jig located in AU -- hopefully he can get these photos/provide information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:53:09 PM

As soon as I get the jig I will tear down the rigs and get you the pictures.  
firehawk71

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:02:19 PM

I was wondering what state you are located.. I think its better to just have the Jig at one place and not ship it around and chance it getting damaged.. I am located in MO
OK just checked your profile..I see your in CO.. Any time frame when you will get it?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:19:29 PM

I was wondering what state you are located.. I think its better to just have the Jig at one place and not ship it around and chance it getting damaged.. I am located in MO
OK just checked your profile..I see your in CO.. Any time frame when you will get it?

They told me they shipped it with DHL last night.  So I don't know the ETA yet for the jig to arrive.  If we can get these jigs cloned that would be the best of all worlds if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

firehawk71

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:23:51 PM

They told me they shipped it with DHL last night.  So I don't know the ETA yet for the jig to arrive.  If we can get these jigs cloned that would be the best of all worlds if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

That would be great if it can be made cheap everyone could buy there own it maybe cheaper then shipping miners round trip?
mjgraham

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:00:48 PM

It will be interesting when you get it, I am curious about the software end if it is a you pick a bin file and send it or is it a self contained unit. The setup looks fragile to a certain degree with all those floating wires and rats nest looking stuff , plus what is going on under the thing. I don't really see why we cant make a clone of the flashing setup. Plus I don't know why you need to take the fan off, I just unhooked it and pulled the back plate off that way you can hold the cards when you loosen the screw and pull one out. I don't get the two USB devices seems interesting for sure.

Chris Sokolowski

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 08:42:47 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 09:01:16 PM by Chris Sokolowski

They told me they shipped it with DHL last night.  So I don't know the ETA yet for the jig to arrive.  If we can get these jigs cloned that would be the best of all worlds if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

That would be great if it can be made cheap everyone could buy there own it maybe cheaper then shipping miners round trip?
If you don't want to ship around the jig and worry about every owner learning how to use it, I would be willing to set up a service at Prohashing (Located in Pennsylvania) to flash miners for others in North America.  If we can get the jig, then people can ship their miners to us and I can do the flashing.  We wouldn't be looking to make a profit from the service; we would just want users to cover the shipping cost of the miners both ways and a small fee for consumables.  If anyone's interested, then we can work this out in more detail.

Prohashing - Professional Mining Made Simple
Visit us at https://prohashing.com
Optimized for performance - 15 algorithms - Payouts in 200 coins - PPS, PPLNS, or solo
firehawk71

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:01:32 PM

They told me they shipped it with DHL last night.  So I don't know the ETA yet for the jig to arrive.  If we can get these jigs cloned that would be the best of all worlds if we can do it at a reasonable cost.

If you don't want to ship around the jig and worry about every owner learning how to use it, I would be willing to set up a service at Prohashing (Located in Pennsylvania) to flash miners for others in North America.  If we can get the jig, then people can ship their miners to us and I can do the flashing.  We wouldn't be looking to make a profit from the service; we would just want users to cover the shipping cost of the miners both ways and a small fee for consumables.  If anyone's interested, then we can work this out in more detail.
I think we should consider this option to have ProHash do the work. I have been mining there for almost a year and Chris and Steve are straight up guys that are always accessible and this is there line of work. They have there own forum where we could set up a topic just for the flashing progress. I would have no worries shipping my miners to Prohash because I know they are kind of a neutral party and a business. I would vote for this option and then if you wanted to work on a clone thats fine also. Thoughts?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:51:42 PM

Thanks Chris, you guys have always taken very good care of me on Prohashing.  I would have no problem having you flash the A4's and supporting the community.  I will vouch for Chris.

Let's see what others think, but this sounds very reasonable to me.

mjgraham

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:41:46 AM

I don't really have an issue with this either, I was hoping to get a shot at using it. I still would like the files so I can flash my own but I know that is not for everyone.

Longsnowsm

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:14:30 AM

I just sent email out to customers who bought directly from Innosilicon explaining the situation.  So you may see an email from me. 

I know we have several people here that bought miners through other channels, but unfortunately there is no way for me to get in touch with people that did not buy miners from Innosilicon.  So for those people I can only hope that they are forum members or stumble upon what we are doing here to resolve these issues with batch 1 and batch 2 miners.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:53:20 AM

I was wondering what state you are located.. I think its better to just have the Jig at one place and not ship it around and chance it getting damaged. I am located in MO
OK just checked your profile.I see your in CO.. Any time frame when you will get it?

Are they still gonna 'open source' this stuff for you guys? Hell with these jigs and such..perhaps you'd have enough info someone could improve the firmware and the SD software too boot
..it's not like (imho) innsilicon is gonna put a lot of effort into this Smiley Just me watching this drama from the bleachers...don't have a unit...and at current LTC prices and their 1900 price
with shipping looking more unlikely Smiley

Innsilicon seems to be following KNC's scrypt and then adding some 'dread' to that process. Perhaps it is a front? KNC China.... Smiley All so very, very familiar. (BFL,KNC,A4's)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 02:21:54 PM

No objection here to this.

Are they still gonna 'open source' this stuff for you guys? Hell with these jigs and such..perhaps you'd have enough info someone could improve the firmware and the SD software too boot
..it's not like (imho) innsilicon is gonna put a lot of effort into this Smiley Just me watching this drama from the bleachers...don't have a unit...and at current LTC prices and their 1900 price

Innsilicon seems to be following KNC's scrypt and then adding some 'dread' to that process. Perhaps it is a front? KNC China.... Smiley All so very, very familiar. (BFL,KNC,A4's)

I hope so, they said they would -- my hope is they are waiting to stabilize the units they have shipped before releasing the open source software.

mjgraham

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:51:06 PM

I hope they do, although they didn't for the A2, I would like to make a few changes for the cgminer for sure, I'll just be happy when we can get them updated and that actually fixes the problem and there is not another issue that requires everyone to update their stuff again.

cisA

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 02:49:34 AM

How i can get the flash file? Huh

btc-e.com ->
" eksperteille: vitalik please hardfuck once more"
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 01:54:06 PM

How i can get the flash file? Huh

Once Jigs are received, more things will begin to happen.

As we say here, right now it's "Hurry up and wait"
Longsnowsm

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:52:10 PM

Yes, I am still waiting on the jig to show up. 

Also I am looking for a consensus on how we want to proceed.  So far I like the idea of having Prohashing flash the miners, but I want to leave this up to the group to agree.  If everyone is cool with that I will reach out to Chris and we can talk through the details and start to get this lined up.  I will also let Inno know what we want to do to get their agreement also.  Thoughts?
firehawk71

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:48:29 PM

Yes, I am still waiting on the jig to show up. 

Also I am looking for a consensus on how we want to proceed.  So far I like the idea of having Prohashing flash the miners, but I want to leave this up to the group to agree.  If everyone is cool with that I will reach out to Chris and we can talk through the details and start to get this lined up.  I will also let Inno know what we want to do to get their agreement also.  Thoughts?
I know that Chris has been in contact with Inno about the problem with coin switching and the A4 miniers. So Inno knows of Chris and ProHash which is good. I had written a email to Dominique about shipping a Jig to Prohash and I got a response that they thought it was a good plan for Chris and ProHash to get a jig however they wanted to ship the one jig to a forum member here first and just as you said let the forum decide how to move forward
Staggo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:54:29 PM

i still dont understand
firehawk71

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:07:16 PM

i still dont understand
To fix the A4 the 2 hashing boards must be Re-Flashed with a special Jig that re-programs the hashing boards. These Jigs are very expensive so Inno has shipped one Jig to forum member Longsnowfm. But there is only one Jig that needs to fix all of the A4 miners. So the group here is deciding what is the best way to get all miners fixed with just one Jig.. Hope that helps
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: