Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac OS X Zcash Miner  (Read 2952 times)
Cocomos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:06:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have created a CPU miner for mac OS X that mines ZEC (Zcash). You can find it on my GitHub http://github.com/Cocomos/MacZcashMiner. I am looking for people to test out the code. It has so far worked on the machines I have tested it on, but I need a wider sample base. It is simple to use and includes an interactive input program (that is bypassable). There is a "developer fee", but it is optional and can be run without it. All info is in the README on GitHub. As the program develops (with enough donations), this thread will become more permanent. Only CPU support at this time. More to come. To help the development please post issues and successful mining experiences here. All information helps!

Stay Loose,
Cocomos

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheRider

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:47:59 AM

Kinda late to the game. CPU mining ZEC no longer makes sense now that GPUs are 10 times faster.

How does it compare to kost's nheqminer mac fork anyway? Does it use Xenoncat's AVX/AVX2 implementation?

Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:14:44 AM

You have done a good job, but you missed the right time windows  Grin

However i have a mac i will try this ASAP and  if i encounter any problem i will let u know
Cocomos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 03:05:07 AM

Kinda late to the game. CPU mining ZEC no longer makes sense now that GPUs are 10 times faster.

How does it compare to kost's nheqminer mac fork anyway? Does it use Xenoncat's AVX/AVX2 implementation?

This was essentially inspired by Kost. I attempted at his fork, but it did not work for me. I chose to compile it myself and offer a ready-to-go kind of program for the layman as Mac users typically are not command-line savvy. This helps widen the base for Zcash and strengthen the network. Yes, it currently employs Xenoncat. I am attempting to get CUDA and OpenCL, however I do not think these will be great to use as Apple computers typically come with only one not-so-great GPU and most have Intel HD graphics anyways. This purely helps Macintosh owners get into the game and strengthen Zcash. Thank you for the questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: