Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help to fix a error in minifaucet - I offer a reward !  (Read 545 times)
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:17:40 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 07:31:29 PM by superiorus

Hi

I have a problem with the minifaucet : https://gitlab.com/minifaucet/public/tree/master

I  have a error when I click "Update server balance" from admin panel : "Balance is not updated or balance is empty"  and the payments are not sent.
But I have enough btc in my blockchain wallet (over 4 BTC)
The faucet was working well for 3 days, the payments were sent , but since yestraday (when the server balance come to 0 - in admin panel - because I forget to update it)  the faucet stop sending payments even there are BTC in my blockchain wallet.
Someone can help me to fix this issue ?

I offer a reward !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:21:54 PM

At the moment, that url you send just gives 502 bad gateway so I don't know I can gather more information on the problem using it.
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:24:13 PM

At the moment, that url you send just gives 502 bad gateway so I don't know I can gather more information on the problem using it.

Edited the first link : https://gitlab.com/minifaucet/public/tree/master

It is the minifaucet (made by elbandi)

You can reach me on skype (ID : voucherstore.net) and I can give you more detailes.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:47:20 PM

You can reach me on skype (ID : voucherstore.net) and I can give you more detailes.

I have to admit that although I've installed a minifaucet for someone before it was more than a year ago (and maybe it was microfaucet, i dunno).  In either case, I don't really have time to try to install this software and reproduce your error at the moment.  However, maybe I can help you find the issue through the forum a bit?

For one, are you getting a php error?  Or does everything seem to run smoothly but there's just no balance where there's supposed to be one?  If the former then certainly you need to debug the php; if the latter then you need to focus on why your balance isn't accessible (can you reimport the keys from your wallet?).

Another idea, if it's a php isue reinstall your faucet on a non-public server and then turn on php's printing errors to the browser.

Another idea, send a small amount of your funds to another address and try to restart from scratch using that address.  I think your first main goal in debugging this is going to be trying to reproduce the issue.

EDIT: I looked again at your OP and it seems like you're not having PHP issues, just some issue has arisen with your blockchain wallet.  One thing that may be the case is that perhaps they have a bandwidth or transaction limit on their api.  Can you install bitcoind and send a little of your money to that address and then try to point your microfaucet to your own node rather than the web-wallet.  It sounds like that would be a really good place to start.
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 07:52:04 PM

I have to admit that although I've installed a minifaucet for someone before it was more than a year ago (and maybe it was microfaucet, i dunno).  In either case, I don't really have time to try to install this software and reproduce your error at the moment.  However, maybe I can help you find the issue through the forum a bit?

For one, are you getting a php error?  Or does everything seem to run smoothly but there's just no balance where there's supposed to be one?  If the former then certainly you need to debug the php; if the latter then you need to focus on why your balance isn't accessible (can you reimport the keys from your wallet?).

Another idea, if it's a php isue reinstall your faucet on a non-public server and then turn on php's printing errors to the browser.

Another idea, send a small amount of your funds to another address and try to restart from scratch using that address.  I think your first main goal in debugging this is going to be trying to reproduce the issue.

There is a live working website , and is hard to work on it, if you dont know what are you doing.

All run ok, (as it was running when the balance was positive) , in the database the amounts are updated, but I cant refresh the balance from admin panel.

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:55:35 PM

There is a live working website , and is hard to work on it, if you dont know what are you doing.

All run ok, (as it was running when the balance was positive) , in the database the amounts are updated, but I cant refresh the balance from admin panel.

In that case I'd try to get "under the hood" of that admin panel.  Is it sending an AJAX request to a bitcoind via JSONRPC?  Do you know how to open your browser's console and set a breakpoint on the javascript that sends that request? The reply there would be a big clue as to what's going on.

Also, can you ensure that your bitcoind is running and responsive by just sending some JSONRPC through the command line?
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:00:26 PM

In that case I'd try to get "under the hood" of that admin panel.  Is it sending an AJAX request to a bitcoind via JSONRPC?  Do you know how to open your browser's console and set a breakpoint on the javascript that sends that request? The reply there would be a big clue as to what's going on.
Also, can you ensure that your bitcoind is running and responsive by just sending some JSONRPC through the command line?

superiorus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

It uses blockchain API  

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:03:32 PM

Can you send a getinfo command to your blockchain.info wallet via the command line to prove to yourself that it's responsive.  That seems like step number 1 here (if you don't know how, let me know).

EDIT: I'm guessing you know the documentation page here: <https://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_wallet_api>

EDIT2: On this other page: <https://blockchain.info/api> I notice "request limits" at the bottom. 

Requests in 8 Hours: 2 (Soft Limit = 28800, Hard Limit = 28900)
Requests in 5 minutes: 1 (Soft Limit = 700, Hard Limit = 725)

Could it be that you've gone above 2 requests in 8 hours?  (presumably a balance update is a request and you need to request an API key to get around the limits  <https://blockchain.info/api/api_create_code>)
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:11:39 PM

Can you send a getinfo command to your blockchain.info wallet via the command line to prove to yourself that it's responsive.  That seems like step number 1 here (if you don't know how, let me know).

EDIT: I'm guessing you know the documentation page here: <https://blockchain.info/api/blockchain_wallet_api>

Coding it is too hard for me ...
Check your PM.

Dhiva

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 05:38:32 PM

Nice references, since now the script was updated
Is the problem solved?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: