Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GENERAL SALES CLOSED] GekkoScience 2PAC - 2x BM1384 USB Stick Miner  (Read 56152 times)
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:08:49 PM

That's good news, I'm looking forward to see the first BTC block mined by a 2Pac. Grin
As a side note, I've made some (minor) changes to my setup - added some angle adapters to change the position of the sticks. Cooling seems to be better now; adapters are not getting hot and performance is not degraded.

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinwally

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:35:10 AM

no problem , let me know when you got some stock , would probably be taking 5
Thanx
We (SA folk) should do a group buy for pods for SA.
I agree , or a reseller because the price per unit on here works out to about R500 (depending on shipping costs) and the only other GekkoScience 2pac miners I can find are all over R1000 and out of stock.

Placed my order a while ago and it is currently at JHB customs so - YaY!!! ~Gooo Customs

If there are more SA guys considering to buy maybe we should consider creating our own SA Group buy so that sidehack only deals with one crazy at a time  Wink [ME INCLUDING]...
Just waiting to see how long it takes for my sticks to go through customs... currently standing on 6 days and counting.

Anyone interested in purchasing direct from Sidehack here is the shipping costs I was quoted
Standard Shipping: $ 15 - Local postal services are used when it reaches RSA
Fast Shipping: $ 47 - Still waiting for my delivery to verify if there are any release fees and how it gets delivered

Once I have an idea of how long it takes to clear from customs and what the waiting period is from start to finish delivery and if there are any release fees then I am sure we can make a plan.

How do you know it is with customs.. di you recieved any calls from them.... just curious as waiting for mine

I opted for fast shipping and got a tracking number, I then requested USPS to mail me an update the moment something happens, last update was - Your item cleared customs in SOUTH AFRICA at 10:31 am on May 15, 2017.

So it is on its way to me and I am so excited, I just can't hide it...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Expecting Speed Services or some courier service to hopefully surprise me by Thursday or Friday or maybe next week who knows... That's all part of the fun and mystery that is SAPO.

UPDATE: So picked up my package at my local post office today - YaY~, for the SA guys it takes a month to get your package (on fast shipping) so extreme patience is required (my crux).
As for the $15 shipping my one contact informed me that his package is still in transit, so strongly recommend not to go for the $15 option when shipping to SA.

Now just to build up stock and get my mining on...
jacosmitza

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:52:27 PM

I'm still waiting for my 2Pacs down here in SA?  Huh  Cry
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:00:38 PM

I believe you. The South Africa postal system, at least for packages from the US, has been reliably terrible. We had a guy a few years ago wait three months - with multiple calls with all available information - for a box of PSU kits. If the guy who paid for fast shipping just got his a couple days ago, no idea where the slow shipping package is. They shipped at the same time.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
jacosmitza

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:15:53 PM

It arrived today!!! So stoked. It's in and mining for their future USB Hub home Smiley
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 04:01:52 AM

Also, a reminder for folks who might have missed it.

Okay, new rules for purchasing.

I don't know how many times it's been stated that sales are open. It will be very well-known if sales are closed. So I will no longer respond to the question "are sales still open?"

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but past a certain squeakiness threshold the wheel gets discarded. To this end, I will no longer respond to multiple identical purchasing requests sent within the same 12-hour period. If you want something, ask for it and be patient. Impatience is annoying.

I'm a builder, not a babysitter, so I won't sell to people who haven't done their homework. If you can't correctly identify the thing you want (for example, there is no "gekko stick", no "compaq" and no "2 pack") I'm just going to ignore you.

I really really like the parts of my job that are designing and building stuff. I really really don't like the parts of my job that are nickel-and-dime sales to chumps with bad spelling, so I'm just going to cut that part out. I like money but I don't like being annoyed all the time by other people. So if you want something, find out for yourself the sales status, find out its actual name, and politely ask for it one time. If you can't do that, go bother a reseller.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
QuantumMiner

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:08:31 PM

That's good news, I'm looking forward to see the first BTC block mined by a 2Pac. Grin
As a side note, I've made some (minor) changes to my setup - added some angle adapters to change the position of the sticks. Cooling seems to be better now; adapters are not getting hot and performance is not degraded.

https://i.imgur.com/HSyJOz6.jpg

Hi,

I was considering the same hub for 5 sticks. Do you think there is enough room or should I get larger USB board?
wareck

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

pm send
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:53:16 AM

Well, looks like I'll be doing another 2Pac batch. These things sold out pretty fast and I'm still getting requests.
Correct me if I am wrong, these sticks hash around 100 GHZ with 100-120 watt power and uses Rasberry PI with CG miner and only mines Bitcoin?
If so, can you make something for Scrypt mining as well?
Thanks so much. Well done as well.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 03:57:47 AM

Yes, you are wrong. About pretty much everything. Read the first post.

ruptan

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:07:37 AM

Yes, you are wrong. About pretty much everything. Read the first post.

My bad, got it...60W hashrate about 190GH, with a 100W hashrate of 250GH. PMing you.
Thank you so much.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:20:50 AM

No, that's still incorrect.

ruptan

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:55:17 AM

Oops. Sorry mate! Now its your turn to correct me with particulars. Thanks in advance.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:45:01 AM

Oops. Sorry mate! Now its your turn to correct me with particulars. Thanks in advance.
If you read the "whole" first post, you can easily find the table with hashrate versus power for the 2PAC. If you are still having trouble, check immediately below the pretty picture. Grin

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
moonface

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:54:19 AM

PM Sent. Looking to grab a few from batch 3.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:13:14 AM

Without considering new product design, hosting maintenance, Terminus prototyping and manufacture, or taking the occasional Sunday off, I've got enough work lined up just witn 2Pacs to keep me busy through the end of July.

One thing that gets in the way of being able to build the crap out of stuff in a quick and efficient manner is communication. These days I'm getting a lot of emails from randos all over the world asking if sales are still open. It's easier to find a notification that sales are still open than it is to find my contact info. This is annoying.
I also get a lot of emails from people asking for help with the one stick they bought from some dude on eBay. No offense to anyone, but if you didn't give me your money I don't actually owe you anything. You probably paid a substantial markup to someone else, and because that person got your money that person owes you support. I'll pick up the slack if that person drops the ball, but don't come to me first because I'll turn you away at the door.

So with all this in mind, mostly in an effort to reduce having to ever talk to other people because I'm a crusty hermit who enjoys sitting alone for hours on end assembling various things without interruption -

Individual (non-bulk) sales for the 2Pac will close as of June 16th. After that, any purchasing requests below a threshold reasonable to be called "bulk" (so, couple dozen or thereabouts) will be ignored outright.

Any email saying "I read your thread, are sales still open?" will be met with a cynical response linking the part of the thread (you claimed to have read) answering that question.

Any email asking for support will be met with "If you didn't buy from me, talk to the person you bought it from."

So, feel free to grumble that I'm not being very nice. Won't change the policy.

roshanrbb

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:56:56 PM

Looking to buy couple of 2PAC, I already sent you PM. Thanks  SIDEHACK
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

Hi,

I was considering the same hub for 5 sticks. Do you think there is enough room or should I get larger USB board?

No, it's not about room, it's about how much amps it can deliver / port.
Don't buy it if you plan to use it with more than 3 sticks. Otherwise, decent piece of hardware.

Cheers!

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

Is anyone doing a group-buy in the US?
I would like to get some of these and a larger batch would help defray the shipping costs.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:55:59 PM

Um, they're made in and ship from the US. The shipping cost is constant regardless of batch size within the US.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: