Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:13:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HDD mining aside from storjcoin and burstcoin?  (Read 8657 times)
CryptoDude2727

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

I think it might be a good way to mine for people who already have good devices, but I'm not sure if it would be worth investing in equipment to mine it. I would like to hear feedback on this, and with regard to electricity costs. Is anyone getting good results?

It depends on your individual situation...if you're looking to mine and dump or looking to hold if you think BURST is going up (I do).

Personally I had about 12 TB available already, my computers are already on 24/7 anyway...it's as close to free money as you get for me.  About 4 months of mining and I'm at about 100k BURST (I'm holding). 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:38:58 AM

Same reason I've got about 8 TB running Burst - already had the drives, they weren't doing anything else, and the CPUs in those machines are underutilised.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 08:17:34 AM

I think it might be a good way to mine for people who already have good devices, but I'm not sure if it would be worth investing in equipment to mine it. I would like to hear feedback on this, and with regard to electricity costs. Is anyone getting good results?

It depends on your individual situation...if you're looking to mine and dump or looking to hold if you think BURST is going up (I do).

Personally I had about 12 TB available already, my computers are already on 24/7 anyway...it's as close to free money as you get for me.  About 4 months of mining and I'm at about 100k BURST (I'm holding). 

that would give you less than 0.02 per month after electricity but i suspect the calculator online is wrong so it's actually less, therefore you are not making an amount that different from a faucet...
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:36:58 PM

that would give you less than 0.02 per month after electricity but i suspect the calculator online is wrong so it's actually less, therefore you are not making an amount that different from a faucet...

Not sure how you're doing your math but it's 12 TB not GB in my example...which has yielded about 100k BURST in a little less than 4 months. At current rates that's over $80. 
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

Not sure how you're doing your math but it's 12 TB not GB in my example...which has yielded about 100k BURST in a little less than 4 months. At current rates that's over $80. 

well i was right, $80 in 4 months is exactly $20 in 1 month = 0.02...
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:52:41 PM

I guess I'm not following what you're saying then.  .02 is 2 cents usd? 
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 02:15:54 PM

we are in bitcoin forum i only refer to bitcoin here, with 0.02 i mean 0.02 btc of course
CryptoDude2727

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:35:20 PM

we are in bitcoin forum i only refer to bitcoin here, with 0.02 i mean 0.02 btc of course

Ah...I'm always thinking usd more than btc.
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:06:44 PM

No my friend you are wrong, and the calculator too because his profit is for 5 months when you use the calculator.
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 11:59:57 PM

At these rates, I'd prefer buy and hold. WAVES, SC, MAID and many others are coins from very solid projects.

Also, there are very awesome projects at preico stage. Take æternity, it's one of the more promising projects and they are just launching the campaign for march 31. It's like having again the opportunity to buy btc back in 2010.

dasgardo87

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:14:16 AM

At these rates, I'd prefer buy and hold. WAVES, SC, MAID and many others are coins from very solid projects.

Also, there are very awesome projects at preico stage. Take æternity, it's one of the more promising projects and they are just launching the campaign for march 31. It's like having again the opportunity to buy btc back in 2010.

3 that you said are POS, which are more like Ponzi of Scheme to me, it's not hard to see why their price are so stabilize because only few person who own this and unlike other type coin this POS actually doing nothing but collecting dust in their owner wallet. for me no matter how high any alt coin but if it's non mineable or majority are not by mining then it's A BIG NO NO
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: