Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get a job at BFL!!  (Read 3057 times)
DPoS (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:31:27 AM

http://www.butterflylabs.com/jobs/

We're currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
 Engineer - Mandarin language skills (Must live in Asia, and access to an Avalon)
 Engineer - North America     (bring an ASIC with your resume)
 Communications Director - North America  (not really,   j/k fucker!)

If you would like to be considered for one of these positions, please send a brief intro and a complete CV to jobs@butterflylabs.com.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vvic

Activity: 144
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:28:36 AM

If this isn't trolling, then they admit they were defeated... This better be trolling for their own sake Grin
PachucoBro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:33:47 AM

Each project is unique, well funded and has a real world application. It's a deeply rewarding environment.

Yeah in a world where it is actually acceptable to get paid for your products prior to even having them conceptualized would be really rewarding! I wish my company could get that kind of faith from my customers.

Areas of qualification:
Semiconductor design
Telecommunications
Encryption
Mathematics
Fiber optics
PCB design
ASIC Engineering
Software
Routing

Should read: "If you know how to make ASICs mine BitCoins... APPLY NOW!"
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 02:45:37 AM

Why work for Butterfly Labs?

There's nothing more rewarding than working on interesting projects, with the exception of showcasing your pride and joy at CES. Here at Butterfly Labs, we bring our experience almost to market for specialty applications in Industry, Education and Government, recently attempted to satisfy Bitcoin miners. Each project is unique, well funded (very well-funded now) and has a real and virtual world application. It's a deeply rewarding environment, and boy do we pile it on deep.

Please considering joining us, and don't bother bringing a feather--we have the whole damn chicken here outside beautiful Kansas City.

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
I think me found that rascal who sold them lottery tickets to Aunt Mabe a dozen years ago.
Well bless your heart, Pa. Now maybe you can keep the promise you gave at her death bed.
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.
Didn't last time, Pa. Give me a kiss before you...
Ain't got time! Gotta get a scootin'.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:09:59 AM

There's nothing more rewarding than working on interesting projects, with the exception of showcasing your pride and joy at CES. Here at Butterfly Labs, we bring our experience almost to market for specialty applications in Industry, Education and Government, recently attempted to satisfy Bitcoin miners. Each project is unique, well funded (very well-funded now) and has a real and virtual world application. It's a deeply rewarding environment, and boy do we pile it on deep.

Please considering joining us, and don't bother bringing a feather--we have the whole damn chicken here outside beautiful Kansas City.

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
I think me found that rascal who sold them lottery tickets to Aunt Mabe a dozen years ago.
Well bless your heart, Pa. Now maybe you can keep the promise you gave at her death bed.
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.

It looks like English but can't make heads or tails out of that...
PachucoBro

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:15:58 AM

+1

...and thats not counting the fact the joke includes bad English.
dataphile

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:17:51 AM

And none of them are PR...
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:21:02 AM

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.

I live in Idaho; I can decode that Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:26:54 AM

I already offered:

I'm going to go ahead and extend this offer now: Josh, if you feel like BFL is is trouble and you're not able to make the chips/boards/miners work, please, let me come and help you guys.  I can contribute quite a variety of technical and nontechnical skills.  My price is only one Single per week worked.  (Obviously if the project fails I lose too and get nothing.)  I will sign NDAs.

I made this same offer to Tom, but he did not accept.  Don't go out like that.

I have not yet received a response.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
baad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:27:45 AM

Haha, seems we can expect our BFL HW 3-4 months after they hire someone.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:33:57 AM

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.

It's Cajun with an Appalachian accent spoken by a drunk Hoosier while on holiday in the Ozarks.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:36:53 AM

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.

And you admit this publicly!?!   Shocked

Like watching an episode of Beverly Hillbillys
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:55:35 AM

Sonny Vleisides
President

djd

Ma!
Yea, Pa!
Ma, get me my...
Here it is, Pa.
Don't wait up for me.

And you admit this publicly!?!   Shocked

Like watching an episode of Beverly Hillbillys

Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYaDTmedP38
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:36:07 AM

I already offered:

I'm going to go ahead and extend this offer now: Josh, if you feel like BFL is is trouble and you're not able to make the chips/boards/miners work, please, let me come and help you guys.  I can contribute quite a variety of technical and nontechnical skills.  My price is only one Single per week worked.  (Obviously if the project fails I lose too and get nothing.)  I will sign NDAs.

I made this same offer to Tom, but he did not accept.  Don't go out like that.

I have not yet received a response.
I do not doubt you would be a great asset. But...do you really think you can turn this company around?

We would need to clone you and replace every position available for it to work...
StringTheory

Activity: 69

Making Sense of Things

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:10:46 AM

I can't find where it says "must have access to an Avalon in China" but man, that would indeed be a sign of defeat... and I like it!

Successful Transactions: jayson3 +1
a1phanumrc

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:16:46 AM

Engineer - Mandarin language skills (Must live in Asia, and access to an Avalon)

Kinda strange they require applicants to have an Avalon or ASIC. Could they be trying to fake numbers using an Avalon? Hrmm...

BC tips: BA1phaSEpCN7jiSS33SSWXf3Bs1rP9SKir
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:35:24 AM

Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sgg2MvAz8I

CREEPY!
DPoS (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:46:24 AM

Kinda strange they require applicants to have an Avalon or ASIC. Could they be trying to fake numbers using an Avalon? Hrmm...

I took a little creative freedom... I thought the third one would be giveaway..  Roll Eyes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:49:25 AM

What's even more creepy is that I could do the same video, and with the except of hair length you probably couldn't tell either one of us apart. Second thought, my sister has some hair extensions she hasn't be using lately. Hmmm!
DPoS (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:20:46 AM

did I miss this the first time? Or are they trolling even harder now?  Be sure to click the contact us link ...   Huh

http://butterflylabs.com/consulting/

Consulting

Home / Consulting

Butterfly Labs has more than a decade of experience in FPGA & ASIC stand alone system design. This experience also extends to the required software infrastructure for PC connectivity including device drivers and GUI.

Our particular fields of specialty include semiconductor design as applied to encryption, routing, security and digital signal processing.

If you have a special need that falls in this area of expertise, and would like an extra hand to assist your team in realizing your goals, we may be able to help with:
 Proven intellectual property
 Clean sheet design
 Gate synthesis & foundry service for your product.
 PCB design and manufacture
 Software infrastructure including Device drivers & GUI.

Feel free to contact us to explore how we may be of service to you. Our staff engineers are fluent in the following languages:

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: