Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:14:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block.io scammed me!  (Read 788 times)
some192 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:55:39 PM

I enabled 2FA on their site but server is not sending email, reset password form is not working too. Trying to reach their support since July 16 and still haven't received any reply. Tried twitter, IRC channel, support form and even sent emails, still nothing...  Angry
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 06:58:27 PM

I'm not exactly buying this story. How many Bitcoins do you claim to have on there? I'm not sure whether they have a representative on this forum.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:23:33 PM

Do you mean block.io, or blockr.io?? blockr.io is a legit site. I am not sure of the other one, I would stay far far away from it.

If you sent bitcoins to block.io, there is a very strong likelihood you have been scammed.

ALWAYS make sure you are signing up at the correct sites, as my assumption is this is what you have done.

Sorry for your loss.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
some192 (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:25:56 PM

I'm not exactly buying this story. How many Bitcoins do you claim to have on there? I'm not sure whether they have a representative on this forum.

If I remember correctly then approx 0.1 BTC, it was almost 6 months ago when I sent my btc there.
Do you mean block.io, or blockr.io?? blockr.io is a legit site. I am not sure of the other one, I would stay far far away from it.

If you sent bitcoins to block.io, there is a very strong likelihood you have been scammed.

ALWAYS make sure you are signing up at the correct sites, as my assumption is this is what you have done.

Sorry for your loss.
I'm talking about block.io
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 09:37:57 PM

I enabled 2FA on their site but server is not sending email, reset password form is not working too. Trying to reach their support since July 16 and still haven't received any reply. Tried twitter, IRC channel, support form and even sent emails, still nothing...  Angry

I use block.io you can use your Secret Mnemonic to get in if you forgot the password.

You will lose your account, if you lose your Secret PIN and Mnemonic.

And its gone.
some192 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:53:25 AM

I use block.io you can use your Secret Mnemonic to get in if you forgot the password.

How to use that Secret Mnemonic? I have Secret Mnemonic, I know password but no idea on how to disable 2FA if server is not sending email.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:56:21 AM

How to use that Secret Mnemonic? I have Secret Mnemonic, I know password but no idea on how to disable 2FA if server is not sending email.

Why dont you try by sending support a email.
some192 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:24:02 AM

Can you read 1st post again? I tried to reach them by twitter, IRC, support form and sent emails - nothing, they are not replying  Angry
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:36:03 AM

Block.io is a great resource for buying, selling, trading, etc...
Of course it's always best to keep a private wallet on a home computer
Good luck to you.
some192 (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:28:38 AM

Block.io is a great resource for buying, selling, trading, etc...
Of course it's always best to keep a private wallet on a home computer
Good luck to you.

Thanks, hope to solve problem this year...  Grin
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:44:03 PM

Never had to use the Mnemonic, I suppose it has to be used after email is sent, but your problem is that you do not get mails from them.

I suggest keep on with the nagging the twitter account and refer them to here, it surely needs sorting out.
I am sure they would not like to see anything negative about the service, and would most probably solve it for you.

Good luck, That is all I can suggest at the moment.

And its gone.
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:23:48 AM

Can you read 1st post again? I tried to reach them by twitter, IRC, support form and sent emails - nothing, they are not replying  Angry

missed that part. looks like you got scammed. try calling the police. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: