Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525245 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:49:19 PM

so no cap for this coin?
you want to raise 13000BTC ?

that's too much ? Shocked Undecided

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:57:47 PM

why is "Patrick" Dai still in this project?

as long as he's in, it'll be known as a scam.

It's a damn shame that many Chinese people who frequent the websites where this ico is offered probably don't follow bitcointalk, smithandcrown, or icocountdown.

Probably the only money they will be able to scam will come from China

#Rektum

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:20:44 PM

It's a damn shame that many Chinese people who frequent the websites where this ico is offered probably don't follow bitcointalk, smithandcrown, or icocountdown.

#Rektum

+1.. but seems Qtum is not a scam.. i think their angel investors are not stupid..

also check this post.. seems people also call vitalik a scammer..

also people call jack ma a scammer earlier.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/17/gregory-maxwell-vitalik-buterin-ran-quantum-computer-scam/
Gregory Maxwell: “Vitalik Buterin Ran A Quantum Computer Scam”
Being a public figure in the cryptocurrency world comes with prestige and personal attacks. Vitalik Buterin, the visionary of Ethereum development and coding genius, has been active in the world of technology for quite some time now. Before he even created Ethereum, however, he was working on building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems. Or as some people would like to call it, vaporware.

NP-complete problems are decision problems revolving around computational complexity theory. While the entire explanation of this concept can be found on Wikipedia, it is safe to assume this will one of those concepts that is always subject to substantial debate.

Vitalik Buterin And The Quantum Computer Scam
Interestingly enough, Vitalik Buterin used to be involved in this particular field of expertise before he started working on Ethereum. In fact, he was working on a software tool to address these NP-complete problems in polynomial time. Building such a solution from scratch is both time-consuming and costly, though.

According to an archived post from Gregory Maxwell, Buterin was collecting investments from people to fund the creation of this computer program. However, Maxwell strongly feels this was nothing more than an attempt to fund vaporware. In fact, a post on Qntra refers to his idea for this computer program as “a quantum computer simulation scam”.

Gregory Maxwell explained this vaporware scam as follows:

“Vitalik’s project immediately before Ethereum is that he was collecting investments from people to fund building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems in polynomial time, supposedly by simulating a quantum computer. (Never mind that even real QC aren’t conjectured to be able to do that, nor does ‘simulation’ make any sense; unless BPP == BQP that’s not even possible, and virtually all experts agree the complexity classes are probably not equivalent). He built up a reputation for himself writing tech explainers of other people’s ideas usually without any attribution (until someone complains), making him look like the author.”
And Then Ethereum Was Born
That is a rather interesting take on things. Complex ideas and concepts are difficult to explain, let alone making anyone see the need to address them. Yet for some reason, Buterin felt he had the tools at his disposal to convince people to give him money for this project. It remains unclear as to why he failed in doing so, though.

Regardless of the reasoning, it didn’t take Vitalik Buterin long to come up with a new idea. Ethereum, before it was even released to the public, raised several millions of dollars in investments. To some people, the whole concept of Ethereum is still hit-and-miss, as the code can be exploited in multiple ways. The DAO attack and replay attacks are just two of the examples.

That being said, no one is saying Ethereum is vaporware. Interesting concepts can be built on top of this source code that will change our society as a whole. But this whole ordeal goes to show there is a difference between creating concepts and stealing other’s ideas.

running farm worldwide
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 04:43:44 PM

#Rektum

it's whatever. if they can't do proper due diligence it's their fault. I have little sympathy

xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:56:36 PM

Oh god 😔 Do we need to take those kind of risks to get a profit and rich ? Who is investing even though the allegations?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:10:53 PM

and trying to compare this to Ethereum

This has all the chances to go as big or even bigger!

Btw where is glebby today, he took a day off?  Grin

And why exactly does this "have all the chances to go as big or even bigger!"?

Yeah the guy that, according to you, is paid to troll this thread spends considerably less time here than you- a person who claims they have no association with this preject other than a genuine interest in it that appears to have developed into a consuming obsession.

I think glebby got banned or something!

You're not gonna believe this, but my handlers are now paying me to hold off on playing scam buster until further notice. I wish they make up their fuckin minds!

@stormia: I may have spent less time here then stackoverflow in post count, but not in reading this entire thread, all of Slack's postings, mega archive pages, Qtum's website, and all the news articles whether paid for or organic in all languages available on the Net, and performed forensics on TxIDs.

Oops! I just realized what I penned. It looks like I just admitted to getting paid for not posting over of the years re nefarious actors, something I've never admitted to getting paid for.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

TBC, I'm officially done researching Qtum et al. until further notice.

Here's to hoping nobody gets burned.

And no, Qtum didn't pay me to post this - at least not yet.  Roll Eyes (we used escrow  Grin)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:34:30 PM

Oh god 😔 Do we need to take those kind of risks to get a profit and rich ? Who is investing even though the allegations?
Exactly.
Theres plenty of other shitcoins to gamble money on, that dont involve thiefs, and deceitfuls......and devs who do excellent impressions of monkeys with sight, speech, and hearing problems.

pixelpowered

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:43:39 PM

Yeah the guy that, according to you, is paid to troll this thread spends considerably less time here than you- a person who claims they have no association with this preject other than a genuine interest in it that appears to have developed into a consuming obsession.

You're not gonna believe this, but my handlers are now paying me to hold off on playing scam buster until further notice. I wish they make up their fuckin minds!

@stormia: I may have spent less time here then stackoverflow in post count, but not in reading this entire thread, all of Slack's postings, mega archive pages, Qtum's website, and all the news articles whether paid for or organic in all languages available on the Net, and performed forensics on TxIDs.

Oops! I just realized what I penned. It looks like I just admitted to getting paid for not posting over of the years re nefarious actors, something I've never admitted to getting paid for.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

And no, Qtum didn't pay me to post this - at least not yet.  Roll Eyes (we used escrow  Grin)

I appreciate the chain-gang evaluation very much!

Even if people ignore your... sultry, salty, sentences  Cheesy
The chains always show us the actions of the actors.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:55:32 PM

I appreciate the chain-gang evaluation very much!

Even if people ignore your... sultry, salty, sentences  Cheesy
The chains always show us the actions of the actors.

My handlers just confirmed that I can still post provided they vet the posts first:

"I'm still your salty dog!"
shillfudder

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:40:09 PM

Onecoin went ballistic, why can't Qtum? It's all about the con, the hype and the gullible sheep.  Cool Grin

So, buy the ICO, stand up for what you believe in. It will mewn, guys. Remember, big, big, huge names! That's all you need to know.  Wink
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 05:36:06 AM

Press Update:

FinanceMagnates.com discusses the March 16th Qtum Crowd Sale. 

The price has been released at: https://qtum.org/en/crowdsale

Avi Mizrahi | News (CryptoCurrency) | Thursday, 09/03/2017|10:34 GMT

The Qtum Foundation, developer of the recently revealed Qtum smart contracts blockchain, today announced plans to hold its upcoming QTUM token crowdsale to raise over 13,000 BTC (over $15 million) on six exchanges at once. The 30-day token crowdsale will begin March 16, offering 51 million QTUM for either Bitcoin or Ethereum.

QTUM are the cryptographic software tokens used to engage with distributed applications and smart contracts on the Qtum platform, and will serve as the staking currency of the Qtum blockchain, as well as fuel for computational operations performed by the Qtum network.

“This crowdsale will accelerate the development of the Qtum Project and assure that we will have a stable blockchain platform for industry and consumer smart contracts. Given the commercial interest for making IoT, financial, and supply chain applications on blockchain, we imagine Qtum can be the robust infrastructure these applications are built on,” said Patrick Dai, co-founder of the Qtum Project

The crowdsale will be at these mostly Chinese cryptocurrency exchanges and crowdfunding portals: Bizhongchou, Yunbi, ICOAGE, Allcoin, ICO365, and BTC9.

Qtum recently announced a partnership with PwC China, which will support Qtum’s efforts to help fuel blockchain adoption across global business sectors. Qtum has raised $1 million from investors including Chen Weixing (Kuaidi), Star Xu (OkCoin), Anthony Di Iorio (Ethereum, Jaxx Blockchain Interface), Jeremy Gardner (Augur), Fenbushi Capital’s Managing Partner Bo Shen, and angel investor Xiaolai Li.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 08:44:32 AM

I will sit on the sideline and watch this ICO, I like the concept but there is no smoke without fire, all the allegations put forward here concerning the team members were not clarified and that is something for me to mull over.
housebtc

Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:35:38 AM

When is the ICO pricing of the tokens coming out? the team should come out with this. With all the negativity surrounding this project it seems the team has succeeded in gaining some strong investors into the project
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:58:11 AM

I will sit on the sideline and watch this ICO, I like the concept but there is no smoke without fire, all the allegations put forward here concerning the team members were not clarified and that is something for me to mull over.

I would also keep in mind that Gleb has a history of correctly identifying scams/scammers.

For example:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990219.0
http://digiconomist.net/fraud-risk-assessment-stakeminers
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732589.msg17844811#msg17844811
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379632.msg17676624#msg17676624

altcoinrich

Merit: 501

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:15:21 AM

I would also keep in mind that Gleb has a history of correctly identifying scams/scammers.

For example:

Gleb is one of the most famous altcoin scam buster, he and cryptoevil are the best detectives in the forum, they are quite reputable for eliminating scams. Listen to them, or you will regret, since this is no escrow ICO, I refuse to invest. It is too risky.
stackoverflow

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:19:05 AM

For example:

Gleb is one of the most famous altcoin scam buster, he and cryptoevil are the best detectives in the forum, they are quite reputable for eliminating scams. Listen to them, or you will regret, since this is no escrow ICO, I refuse to invest. It is too risky.

I don't know about the other guy, but typing glebby's name on google brings up some scary results  Grin

Not sure I can trust him!
ninjabiz

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:21:03 AM

Can you guys trust a guy who changed his name for 6 times and abandoned his previous projects before? This time he is making another ICO, I dare not invest, is it worth to gamble? Yeah, it is indeed a gamble.
stackoverflow

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:29:39 AM

Can you guys trust a guy who changed his name for 6 times and abandoned his previous projects before? This time he is making another ICO, I dare not invest, is it worth to gamble? Yeah, it is indeed a gamble.

6 times?
ninjabiz

Activity: 247

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:32:27 AM

6 times?

His original name is: Dai Xuguang, his names: Patrick Dai, Stephen Dai, Johnson Dai, Shuai Chu, Shuai Early, and so forth. maybe more than 10, who knows?
stackoverflow

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:42:16 PM

6 times?

His original name is: Dai Xuguang, his names: Patrick Dai, Stephen Dai, Johnson Dai, Shuai Chu, Shuai Early, and so forth. maybe more than 10, who knows?

It's not uncommon for Chinese people to use aliases both Chinese and western, as for abandoned projects I haven't heard of any with concrete proof, all there is is unproven accusations and hearsay.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: