Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:13:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525247 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 03:52:33 AM

yet in 11 days them Chinese followers didn't click the links that were offered up in their mother tongue, NOT ENGLISH:

Youtube is banned in China glebby!

Holy shit, can we frame this one? This guy isn't aware you can access youtube from China using a VPN  Cheesy

Chinese use their own social medias, they don't use youtube.

Oh lord, we are reaching new levels of stupidity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stackoverflow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 03:53:11 AM

yet in 11 days them Chinese followers didn't click the links that were offered up in their mother tongue, NOT ENGLISH:

Holy shit, can we frame this one? This guy isn't aware you can access youtube from China using a VPN  Cheesy

DYOR!
stormia

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 03:56:51 AM

DYOR!

Let me get this straight... you think that the portion of the Chinese population that is involved in crypto doesn't use a VPN to access websites such as youtube? Lol.
stackoverflow

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:00:25 AM

DYOR!

Let me get this straight... you think that the portion of the Chinese population that is involved in crypto doesn't use a VPN to access websites such as youtube? Lol.

What I meant is the Chinese online social life is happening on completely different websites and apps like wechat, youku, qq, weibo ....

Chinese don't care about nor use Youtube.
stormia

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:03:32 AM

Look, this is what it comes down to stackoverflow. People on this website have been scammed more times than they can remember. We've seen it all. It's been done in every way imaginable, and it continues to be done on the regular. Devs sharing their identities, "big name" endorsements, fancy whitepapers, etc, have all been parts of previous scams. These alone mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

So when a project like this comes around here asking for 10 million USD without escrow, without providing source code, and with a whole lot of extra baggage due to its founder being accused of theft and due to shadiness surrounding the identities of other team members and the random Chinese exchanges the ICO will be held on- you better bet your ass you and the rest of the team need to take responsibility and address the concerns of potential investors. And if you don't you can bet your ass there will be no shortage of people who have been screwed over in the past that are ready and willing to continually call you out for your bullshit.

This project is not the average ICO scam shitcoin.
Yes we know it is not the average ICO scam shitcoin, it is a more sophisticated ICO scam shitcoin. Thanks for agreeing.
stormia

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:07:06 AM

DYOR!

What I meant is the Chinese online social life is happening on completely different websites and apps like wechat, youku, qq, weibo ....

Chinese don't care about nor use Youtube.

That's simply not true. While it may only be a small percentage of the population that uses youtube, there most certainly are millions of people in China that use youtube. And I would wager there is strong overlap between those that use a VPN to access websites such as youtube and those that are involved/interested in cryptocurrencies.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:08:58 AM

Look, this is what it comes down to stackoverflow. People on this website have been scammed more times than they can remember. We've seen it all. It's been done in every way imaginable, and it continues to be done on the regular. Devs sharing their identities, "big name" endorsements, fancy whitepapers, etc, have all been parts of previous scams. These alone mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

So when a project like this comes around here asking for 10 million USD without escrow, without providing source code, and with a whole lot of extra baggage due to its founder being accused of theft and due to shadiness surrounding the identities of other team members and the random Chinese exchanges the ICO will be held on- you better bet your ass you and the rest of the team needs to take responsibility and address the concerns of potential investors. And if they don't you can bet your ass there will be no shortage of people who have been screwed over in the past that are ready and willing to continually call them out for it.

Speak for yourself! I'm just here to keep my dick hard.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Seriously, spot on, stormia.

Re escrow:

Team Qtum is on record myriad times in stating that escrow consists of money being held and accountable via PwC.

Speakin' of PwC, let's play a game I call Juxtapose. Today's players are Team Qtum and Qtum's Brett Fincaryk, respectively:

September 9, 2016: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-based-identity-project-uport-wins-the-blockchain-competition/

“Qtum will become the first UTXO model based smart contract platform. Different from Rootstock, Qtum is using the Incentive proof of stake as the consensus protocol,also Qtum support EVM. We also divide the blockchain contract to Smart Contract and Master Contract. Through real world data feeds, you can build the Master Contract on QtumChain. We also offer identity on Qtum Blockchain. Qtum add value both to Bitcoin ecosystem and Ethereum ecosystem.”

They have signed a strategic partnership with PwC China, and recently signed a service contract with the world’s largest freight company for the use of VeChain, another project by the team, to better manage supply chains by adding blockchain capabilities to minimize fraud and theft.

February 22, 2017: Qtum's Slack channel before it gets deleted: https://qtumnexus.slack.com/archives/general/p1487836173003937

So, according to Brett, Qtum received the million dollars from Angel Backers prior to September 22, 2016, when PwC was already onboard the project, with Qtum not registering their non-profit charter till November 28, 2016, in Singapore, because astute investors don't need to see no stinkin' charter prior to investing a million bucks after vetting venerable dudes like Patrick Dai. Brett has to be telling the truth because he handles all the PM for Qtum, making sure that he doesn't speaketh outta line.

Isn't Juxtapose a fun game?
stackoverflow

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:09:06 AM

So when a project like this comes around here asking for 10 million USD without escrow, without providing source code, and with a whole lot of extra baggage due to its founder being accused of theft and due to shadiness surrounding the identities of other team members and the random Chinese exchanges the ICO will be held on- you better bet your ass you and the rest of the team need to take responsibility and address the concerns of potential investors. And if you don't you can bet your ass there will be no shortage of people who have been screwed over in the past that are ready and willing to continually call you out for your bullshit.

Yes we know it is not the average ICO scam shitcoin, it is a more sophisticated ICO scam shitcoin. Thanks for agreeing.

Come on, I feel like I'm in an interrogation here  Grin

I don't agree, I don't think this is a scam! not a small one nor a big one. I think it's a legit project being smeared!

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:11:44 AM

stormia, he's got us on that one. This is your above average ICO scam shitcoin.

EDIT: Fuck me! You beat me to the punch on that one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1720632.msg18106231#msg18106231  Cry
stormia

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:13:05 AM

I don't agree, I don't think this is a scam! not a small one nor a big one. I think it's a legit project being smeared!

Sorry, I had to take the opportunity Wink I know you don't agree. But what I don't know is how you can just brush off everything I said:

"Look, this is what it comes down to stackoverflow. People on this website have been scammed more times than they can remember. We've seen it all. It's been done in every way imaginable, and it continues to be done on the regular. Devs sharing their identities, "big name" endorsements, fancy whitepapers, etc, have all been parts of previous scams. These alone mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

So when a project like this comes around here asking for 10 million USD without escrow, without providing source code, and with a whole lot of extra baggage due to its founder being accused of theft and due to shadiness surrounding the identities of other team members and the random Chinese exchanges the ICO will be held on- you better bet your ass you and the rest of the team need to take responsibility and address the concerns of potential investors. And if you don't you can bet your ass there will be no shortage of people who have been screwed over in the past that are ready and willing to continually call you out for your bullshit."

Can you understand perhaps even a little bit why people are skeptical here given the context? There is a rich history of scams on this website and certain technical aspects of this ICO (no escrow, 49% premine, no source code) plus what many perceive as very shady aspects of the team behind it don't help qtum's case at all. I've seen projects get called out as scams with MUCH less to go off of. Often times solely on the grounds of a premine, there being no escrow, or there being no product to show prior to launch (i.e. three conditions qtum satisfies)...
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:21:20 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 04:33:14 AM by BTCspace

Qtum Blockchain Gains Support From PwC; Releases Whitepaper

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/qtum-blockchain-gains-support-from-pwc-releases-whitepaper-cm757205#ixzz4ahjD6aF2

The Singapore-based Qtum Foundation announced that it is working with global financial services consultancy PwC to help fuel blockchain adoption among international businesses. The Qtum Foundation is developing the Qtum blockchain , an open-source value transfer protocol and decentralized application platform for businesses that executes

The Qtum Blockchain
As part of the cooperation between the two firms, PwC provided input for Qtum's newly released whitepaper titled "Smart-Contract Value Transfer Protocols on a Distributed Mobile Application Platform," which explains the technical aspects of how its new blockchain platform works.

The whitepaper was authored by Qtum's co-founders Patrick Dai, Neil Mahi, Jordan Earls and the project's Scientific Advisor Dr. Alex Norta. It details how Qtum's blockchain will allow for mobile usability, how it will be able to interact with the Ethereum Virtual Machine to enable smart contract execution and how smart contract lifecycle management will be applied to improve security by allowing smart-contract collaboration, negotiation, review, and tracking.

The Qtum blockchain will allow lite wallets running on mobile phone devices to interact with DApps and smart contracts. It will support the simple payment verification (SPV) protocol so that transactions can be signed using a mobile device and Internet of Things devices can also be operated and integrated using smart contracts.

Qtum's Account Abstraction Layer will allow interaction between the Ethereum Virtual Machine and the Qtum's UXTO-based Blockchain and other potential virtual machines in the future. Also, by using a UTXO platform, smart contracts are given more functionalities, flexibility and traceability, compared to pure Ethereum-based smart contracts.

"Qtum aims to revolutionize business processes and the way that business interact with their customers by making smart contract technology mobile and practical. The SPV protocol allows smart contracts to move from servers and laptops, into IoT and mobile devices," said Earls.

The whitepaper also addresses potential security concerns, which were highlighted due to the Ethereum DAO compromise of last year. Qtum will use Smart-Contract Lifecycle Management which allows for the collaboration, reviewing, negotiation, and the tracking of smart contracts across organizations by all parties to establish trust through active security vetting.

Supporting a Stable Project Governance Structure

PwC has also supported Qtum in creating its new project governance structure, which will allow Qtum to become one of the largest open-source distributed ledger projects that can meet the requirements of a broad range of industries, such as financial services, supply chain management, gaming, social media, Internet of Things, and more.

"PwC has helped the Qtum Foundation setting up our governance model, project management, and risk management," Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai told Bitcoin Magazine .

"In the future we plan on expanding our cooperation with PwC to help Qtum expand our reach and adoption of blockchain technology,"

CY Cheung, Fintech and Cybersecurity Partner of PwC China stated: "PwC sees enormous potential for blockchain to revolutionize business practices as we know them, and the firm has made great efforts in developing strategic and technical capabilities to adapt existing products and services for the new technology. We are excited to get involved in the era of innovation and help companies capture the opportunities and benefits brought by the new technology. Working with the Qtum Foundation aligns with our goal."

The next step for the Qtum project will be conducting an initial coin offering to fund the further development of the platform. After the crowd sale, further testing of the Qtum blockchain will be conducted before the platform will go live.

"Our crowd sale starts on March 16th, and afterwards the next steps for Qtum will be to complete the testnet from the Qtum test net, receive feedback from the community on testing, and then to launch the mainnet of the Qtum blockchain," Earls told Bitcoin Magazine .

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/qtum-blockchain-gains-support-from-pwc-releases-whitepaper-cm757205#ixzz4ahjab9sK

running farm worldwide
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:30:40 AM

Meanwhile, in China, Chinese are jacking off all over themselves re Qtum:

https://v.qq.com/x/page/b0355ri0ue5.html?start=290

1,620 views since December 13, 2016, the best stats for all of Qtum's videos in China.

cocksuckeroverflow in 5 ..... 4 .... 3 ... to explain to us retards that there's more Asians in Africa who don't use YouTube but follow Qtum in droves.
stackoverflow

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:30:49 AM

Sorry, I had to take the opportunity Wink I know you don't agree. But what I don't know is how you can just brush off everything I said:

"Look, this is what it comes down to stackoverflow. People on this website have been scammed more times than they can remember. We've seen it all. It's been done in every way imaginable, and it continues to be done on the regular. Devs sharing their identities, "big name" endorsements, fancy whitepapers, etc, have all been parts of previous scams. These alone mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

So when a project like this comes around here asking for 10 million USD without escrow, without providing source code, and with a whole lot of extra baggage due to its founder being accused of theft and due to shadiness surrounding the identities of other team members and the random Chinese exchanges the ICO will be held on- you better bet your ass you and the rest of the team need to take responsibility and address the concerns of potential investors. And if you don't you can bet your ass there will be no shortage of people who have been screwed over in the past that are ready and willing to continually call you out for your bullshit."

Can you understand perhaps even a little bit why people are skeptical here given the context? There is a rich history of scams on this website and certain technical aspects of this ICO (no escrow, 49% premine, no source code) plus what many perceive as shady aspects of the team behind it don't help qtum's case at all. I've seen projects get called out as scams with MUCH less to go off of. Often times solely on the grounds of a premine, there being no escrow, or there being no product to show prior to launch (i.e. three conditions qtum satisfies)...

Well I certainly understand that people are skeptical about ICOs and they should be when investing their hard earned money. I still think this project is different though but again I don't give investment advice, everyone should do their own research not trust me nor trust glebby.

One of the reasons I believe this project is legit is the big names involved, I don't think we have seen such investors board on any recent ICO, I also like the technical aspect of it. And also the team seems to be working hard and attending to meetups and conferences, and it's the first one with a big audit firm involved and a professional governance model.

They also said they will release the source code before the ICO, so all in all I don't have reasons to suspect this to be another scam. but don't take my word for it, just don't get influenced by paid trolls and do your own research.

I'm voiced against the trolls because I think they're misleading and probably have alter-motives to smear it down!
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:35:57 AM

Meanwhile, in China, Chinese are jacking off all over themselves re Qtum:

https://v.qq.com/x/page/b0355ri0ue5.html?start=290

1,620 views since December 13, 2016, the best stats for all of Qtum's videos in China.

cocksuckeroverflow in 5 ..... 4 .... 3 ... to explain to us retards that there's more Asians in Africa who don't use YouTube but follow Qtum in droves.

do you have a wechat account gleb?

you can join the qtum Chinese community.

then you will see there about 5000 Chinese people in different Qtum groups man...

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 04:43:27 AM

Press Update

BitcoinMagazine.com publishes details about PricewaterhouseCooper's involvement with the Qtum project.

by Alex Lielacher

Alex Lielacher is a location independent entrepreneur who travels the world while working remotely on various start-up ventures. He has been following bitcoin since 2011 and regularly writes about personal finance, fintech and digital currencies.

The Singapore-based Qtum Foundation announced that it is working with global financial services consultancy PwC to help fuel blockchain adoption among international businesses. The Qtum Foundation is developing the Qtum blockchain, an open-source value transfer protocol and decentralized application platform for businesses that executes smart contracts using a proof-of-consensus mechanism.

The Qtum Blockchain

As part of the cooperation between the two firms, PwC provided input for Qtum’s newly released whitepaper titled “Smart-Contract Value Transfer Protocols on a Distributed Mobile Application Platform,” which explains the technical aspects of how its new blockchain platform works.

The whitepaper was authored by Qtum’s co-founders Patrick Dai, Neil Mahi, Jordan Earls and the project’s Scientific Advisor Dr. Alex Norta. It details how Qtum’s blockchain will allow for mobile usability, how it will be able to interact with the Ethereum Virtual Machine to enable smart contract execution and how smart contract lifecycle management will be applied to improve security by allowing smart-contract collaboration, negotiation, review, and tracking.

The Qtum blockchain will allow lite wallets running on mobile phone devices to interact with DApps and smart contracts. It will support the simple payment verification (SPV) protocol so that transactions can be signed using a mobile device and Internet of Things devices can also be operated and integrated using smart contracts.

Qtum’s Account Abstraction Layer will allow interaction between the Ethereum Virtual Machine and the Qtum’s UXTO-based Blockchain and other potential virtual machines in the future. Also, by using a UTXO platform, smart contracts are given more functionalities, flexibility and traceability, compared to pure Ethereum-based smart contracts.

“Qtum aims to revolutionize business processes and the way that business interact with their customers by making smart contract technology mobile and practical. The SPV protocol allows smart contracts to move from servers and laptops, into IoT and mobile devices,” said Earls.

The whitepaper also addresses potential security concerns, which were highlighted due to the Ethereum DAO compromise of last year. Qtum will use Smart-Contract Lifecycle Management which allows for the collaboration, reviewing, negotiation, and the tracking of smart contracts across organizations by all parties to establish trust through active security vetting.

PwC has also supported Qtum in creating its new project governance structure, which will allow Qtum to become one of the largest open-source distributed ledger projects that can meet the requirements of a broad range of industries, such as financial services, supply chain management, gaming, social media, Internet of Things, and more.

“PwC has helped the Qtum Foundation setting up our governance model, project management, and risk management,” Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai told Bitcoin Magazine.

“In the future we plan on expanding our cooperation with PwC to help Qtum expand our reach and adoption of blockchain technology,”

CY Cheung, Fintech and Cybersecurity Partner of PwC China stated: "PwC sees enormous potential for blockchain to revolutionize business practices as we know them, and the firm has made great efforts in developing strategic and technical capabilities to adapt existing products and services for the new technology. We are excited to get involved in the era of innovation and help companies capture the opportunities and benefits brought by the new technology. Working with the Qtum Foundation aligns with our goal."

The next step for the Qtum project will be conducting an initial coin offering to fund the further development of the platform. After the crowd sale, further testing of the Qtum blockchain will be conducted before the platform will go live.

“Our crowd sale starts on March 16th, and afterwards the next steps for Qtum will be to complete the testnet from the Qtum test net, receive feedback from the community on testing, and then to launch the mainnet of the Qtum blockchain,” Earls told Bitcoin Magazine.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:47:40 AM

Press Update

BitcoinMagazine.com publishes details about PricewaterhouseCooper's involvement with the Qtum project.

by Alex Lielacher

Alex Lielacher is a location independent entrepreneur who travels the world while working remotely on various start-up ventures. He has been following bitcoin since 2011 and regularly writes about personal finance, fintech and digital currencies.

The Singapore-based Qtum Foundation announced that it is working with global financial services consultancy PwC to help fuel blockchain adoption among international businesses. The Qtum Foundation is developing the Qtum blockchain, an open-source value transfer protocol and decentralized application platform for businesses that executes smart contracts using a proof-of-consensus mechanism.

The Qtum Blockchain

As part of the cooperation between the two firms, PwC provided input for Qtum’s newly released whitepaper titled “Smart-Contract Value Transfer Protocols on a Distributed Mobile Application Platform,” which explains the technical aspects of how its new blockchain platform works.

The whitepaper was authored by Qtum’s co-founders Patrick Dai, Neil Mahi, Jordan Earls and the project’s Scientific Advisor Dr. Alex Norta. It details how Qtum’s blockchain will allow for mobile usability, how it will be able to interact with the Ethereum Virtual Machine to enable smart contract execution and how smart contract lifecycle management will be applied to improve security by allowing smart-contract collaboration, negotiation, review, and tracking.

Qtum’s Account Abstraction Layer will allow interaction between the Ethereum Virtual Machine and the Qtum’s UXTO-based Blockchain and other potential virtual machines in the future. Also, by using a UTXO platform, smart contracts are given more functionalities, flexibility and traceability, compared to pure Ethereum-based smart contracts.

“Qtum aims to revolutionize business processes and the way that business interact with their customers by making smart contract technology mobile and practical. The SPV protocol allows smart contracts to move from servers and laptops, into IoT and mobile devices,” said Earls.

“PwC has helped the Qtum Foundation setting up our governance model, project management, and risk management,” Qtum co-founder Patrick Dai told Bitcoin Magazine.

“In the future we plan on expanding our cooperation with PwC to help Qtum expand our reach and adoption of blockchain technology,”

“Our crowd sale starts on March 16th, and afterwards the next steps for Qtum will be to complete the testnet from the Qtum test net, receive feedback from the community on testing, and then to launch the mainnet of the Qtum blockchain,” Earls told Bitcoin Magazine.

thank you for the updates!

also why mobile smart Contract is important?

it seems Qtum is focus on the mobile smart contract function?

thank you
stormia

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:48:26 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 04:59:55 AM by stormia

Can you understand perhaps even a little bit why people are skeptical here given the context? There is a rich history of scams on this website and certain technical aspects of this ICO (no escrow, 49% premine, no source code) plus what many perceive as shady aspects of the team behind it don't help qtum's case at all. I've seen projects get called out as scams with MUCH less to go off of. Often times solely on the grounds of a premine, there being no escrow, or there being no product to show prior to launch (i.e. three conditions qtum satisfies)...

Well I certainly understand that people are skeptical about ICOs and they should be when investing their hard earned money. I still think this project is different though but again I don't give investment advice, everyone should do their own research not trust me nor trust glebby.

One of the reasons I believe this project is legit is the big names involved, I don't think we have seen such investors board on any recent ICO, I also like the technical aspect of it. And also the team seems to be working hard and attending to meetups and conferences, and it's the first one with a big audit firm involved and a professional governance model.

They also said they will release the source code before the ICO, so all in all I don't have reasons to suspect this to be another scam. but don't take my word for it, just don't get influenced by paid trolls and do your own research.

I'm voiced against the trolls because I think they're misleading and probably have alter-motives to smear it down!

Fair enough. I strongly disagree that there aren't reasons to suspect a scam but that's my opinion based on my own research. And I don't think Gleb is a paid troll, and even if he was that isn't enough to dismiss all of the concerns he has brought up that are corroborated with evidence or by other people. And just because there isn't a smoking gun doesn't mean there isn't something fishy going on. Btw you can take a look at my first post in this thread I was intrigued by qtum for the same reasons you are, although even initially I was critical of the ICO distribution model, lack of escrow and benchmarks for fund release, and nondisclosure of the PoS inflation rate. Which reminds me, have they said what the PoS inflation rate will be yet?

Anyways, I'm going to stop arguing back and forth with you because it's pointless and a waste of our time. At least until further developments, one way or another.

Also I'd just like to point out that the flood of adverts and press releases is rather trite. Why not spend a fraction of that time and money on disproving the claims made by Gleb instead (or rather, in addition to)?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:50:31 AM

Press Update

Let's play a game I call Juxtapose. Today's players are Team Qtum and Qtum's Brett Fincaryk, respectively:

September 9, 2016: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-based-identity-project-uport-wins-the-blockchain-competition/

“Qtum will become the first UTXO model based smart contract platform. Different from Rootstock, Qtum is using the Incentive proof of stake as the consensus protocol,also Qtum support EVM. We also divide the blockchain contract to Smart Contract and Master Contract. Through real world data feeds, you can build the Master Contract on QtumChain. We also offer identity on Qtum Blockchain. Qtum add value both to Bitcoin ecosystem and Ethereum ecosystem.”

They have signed a strategic partnership with PwC China, and recently signed a service contract with the world’s largest freight company for the use of VeChain, another project by the team, to better manage supply chains by adding blockchain capabilities to minimize fraud and theft.

February 22, 2017: Qtum's Slack channel before it gets deleted: https://qtumnexus.slack.com/archives/general/p1487836173003937

So, according to Brett, Qtum received the million dollars from Angel Backers prior to September 22, 2016, when PwC was already onboard the project, with Qtum not registering their non-profit charter till November 28, 2016, in Singapore, because astute investors don't need to see no stinkin' charter prior to investing a million bucks after vetting venerable dudes like Patrick Dai. Brett has to be telling the truth because he handles all the PM for Qtum, making sure that he doesn't speaketh outta line.

According to Team Qtum, PwC was just brought onboard during the past 48 hours.

Isn't Juxtapose a fun game?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:50:48 AM

Gleb Gamow

Stormia

stackoverflow

BTCspace
[/b][/s][/color]

can you 4 guys move to other place to argue?

you 4 guys are bump this thread..

please stop.. thank you !

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:52:42 AM

Gleb Gamow

Stormia

stackoverflow

BTCspace
[/b][/s][/color]

can you 4 guys move to other place to argue?

you 4 guys are bump this thread..

please stop.. thank you !

I'm bumping via providing relevant information in re Qtum.
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: