Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525245 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 03:11:02 AM

Hi dev, any planning to make some team in different country? Maybe it would be batter to make some community in different world. Just some suggest to make this ICO will be rise much more.

only go further for better advancements and for some better scenario is not enough but work work and only work...

Team Qtum is convening to pen a reply to your thought provocative post.  Roll Eyes FWIW, they'll reply quicker to your post then to all others requesting txID(s).

seems Qtum start to response your questions man, check it

but also i still want to know about the development work.

also the comments on this big post?

any updates on the development work?

thank you Qtum!

running farm worldwide
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 06:16:03 AM

Right now the developers are working to deliver the Test Network portion of the Roadmap.  This means taking the snapshot that was released before the Crowdsale and building it up into a git repository. So far there have been 2 projects that are looking to build on the Qtum platform, so they will require the technical documentation and assistance in order to get started.

On the community front, the focus is on building up the various channels we operate on, like Facebook and Twitter, etc. The new forum is live: https://forum.qtum.org

We will be reaching out to various Blockchain meetups over the next few months in order to showcase the technology behind Qtum.

There is a lot to do moving forward, especially on the documentation side of things.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:28:11 AM

Why is it so hard to share a tx id or bitcoin/eth address? This is absurd. Why a bunch of signatures and numbers that mean nothing when you could just do the completely trustless thing that everybody else does and share the addresses? This is cryptocurrency for christ sake wtf is the problem?
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 02:06:15 PM

Why is it so hard to share a tx id or bitcoin/eth address? This is absurd. Why a bunch of signatures and numbers that mean nothing when you could just do the completely trustless thing that everybody else does and share the addresses? This is cryptocurrency for christ sake wtf is the problem?

i think they do not get all the money in one address, the exchange are still hold some btc because the PBOC bank in china.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 12:10:53 AM

Check out the new Qtum Forum to see the latest development updates:

https://forum.qtum.org/topic/88/dev-update-april-12th

QTUM TEAM about 15 hours ago

Dev Update April 12th

Qtum has so far continued a complete review and in some cases rewrite of the code implementing Proof of Stake and the EVM into Bitcoin Core. The following has been reviewed and audited to work and be secure so far:

• Proof of Stake block structures
  • Proof of Stake transaction format
  • Proof of Stake kernel hash generation and validation
  • EVM contract creation
  • EVM contract logging, events, and debugging
  • EVM contract calls and references

LIghtvelocityCoin

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:30:09 AM

if Qtum can not be a top5 coin on coinmarketcap by April 9th 2018.

i will give 10BTC to who bet with me.

wanna bet for sure? Im up for it

ok

then we need find an escrow.

Yassin is youre man....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=222847

+ 1

I'm in for 1 BTC. i don't want to lock my funds up for a year as i already doubled it in three weeks

ok great. then let's find an escrow.

and give the btc to the escrow before 1st of March of 2018.

A joke?
Just like to buy a lottery after knowing the winning numbers!

BTCspace

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:53:20 AM

if Qtum can not be a top5 coin on coinmarketcap by April 9th 2018.

i will give 10BTC to who bet with me.

wanna bet for sure? Im up for it

ok

then we need find an escrow.

Yassin is youre man....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=222847

+ 1

I'm in for 1 BTC. i don't want to lock my funds up for a year as i already doubled it in three weeks

ok great. then let's find an escrow.

A joke?
Just like to buy a lottery after knowing the winning numbers!

that's the meaning of bet.

running farm worldwide
ayu07

Activity: 401

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:00:31 AM

I seeing the development of qtum very good . I hope qtum hold back campaign bounty and i will become participants . I expect that sir .
NorthPixel

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:06:12 PM

I seeing the development of qtum very good . I hope qtum hold back campaign bounty and i will become participants . I expect that sir .

For what needed bounty campaign for project that has already collected your money?
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:08:19 PM

3 projects in 2017:Byteball/Qtum/Elastic (1) Byteball: DAG (2)Qtum:Bitcoin+EVM+POS3.0 (3)Elastic is better than Golem

right now, both byteball and elastic are doing good now.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:44:42 PM

BTCManager.com discusses the Qtum project with our Co-Founder, Patrick Dai:

Qtum is a new project which can be described as a hybrid of Bitcoin and Ethereum with a focus on mobile and business applications. Qtum puts the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of the Bitcoin UTXO model and joins the two with something called an Account Abstraction Layer. This enables execution of smart contracts and decentralized applications, comparable to the Ethereum blockchain, but in contrast to Ethereum, Qtum is built upon Bitcoin’s well-established UTXO transaction model and employs a Proof-of-stake consensus mechanism.

https://btcmanager.com/a-chat-with-qtum-team-leader-patrick-dai/

A Chat With Qtum Team Leader, Patrick Dai

Qtum is a new project which can be described as a hybrid of Bitcoin and Ethereum with a focus on mobile and business applications. Qtum puts the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of the Bitcoin UTXO model and joins the two with something called an Account Abstraction Layer. This enables execution of smart contracts and decentralized applications, comparable to the Ethereum blockchain, but in contrast to Ethereum, Qtum is built upon Bitcoin’s well-established UTXO transaction model and employs a Proof-of-stake consensus mechanism.

The Qtum model increases security, allows compatibility with both Bitcoin and Ethereum applications, and is able to utilize the SPV protocol. Qtum will launch in September with a 120 second block time, 2MB block size, and 100 million total coins. BTCManager recently interviewed Qtum’s Patrick Dai to find out more about the project.

What do you think will be the most attractive feature that Qtum will offer to Users? Which feature will be most attractive to Enterprises?

We think our mobile functionality, thanks to the Simple Payment Verification (SPV) protocol, will be one of the most attractive features of Qtum. The SPV protocol allows for lite clients to operate in a more decentralized manner that way users can trust a community of nodes instead of they a company to be notified of transactions.

We think this feature will also be attractive to enterprise users as well because they can have mobile devices that operate based on this protocol. This would give businesses more control over their operations and enable the to use Qtum in a broader range of applications.

Can you explain why you chose to launch with PoS 3.0 and what are the particular benefits of this consensus method over others?

We chose to launch with PoS 3.0 because it is the most tested PoS implementation for UTXO blockchains. We want to continue building upon Sunny King’s classic version of PoS and make it even better.

What is the time frame for distributing Qtum tokens to the purchasers in the ICO, and how will this be done?

The Qtum tokens will be released when the mainnet is live, which is planned for September. The Qtum tokens will be distributed via the platforms that took part in the crowdsale.

Have any Dapps currently running on Ethereum shown interest in porting over to Qtum? Would Dapps have to choose one chain, either Ethereum or Qtum, or is it possible for a Dapp to run on both chains at the same time with some method for syncing the Dapp between chains?

Some decentralized application developers have approached Qtum to build using our platform. Some are in the works to launch on both platforms while others want to launch on Qtum exclusively. Depending on the application, syncing may not even be necessary. Although, we imagine that blockchain systems will be more interoperable in the future which could help overcome these challenges.

Can you tell us about the Mobile feature that allows Qtum iPhone user to send Qtum tokens via SMS text message easily? Will there be an Android version?

Rather recently, Apply made iMessage more of a platform similar to other messaging apps that allows users to send Qtum tokens via text messages, although it still does require data. That being said, Qloha, one Qtum project that is already underway, aims to allow WeChat users to send Qtum tokens to their friends. The plan is for Qloha to operate on multiple messaging platforms.

Do you foresee any problem scaling smart contracts on a UTXO based blockchain with a 2MB block size limit? Can you talk about how the EVM and the UTXO chain communicate with each other?

Scaling is always one of the problems that any growing platform, business or application faces. Since we are launching with Segregated Witness, transaction malleability will not limit possible layer two technologies like Lightning networks that will allow Qtum to scale more easily.

As for the EVM on UTXO, Qtum built an Account Abstraction Layer and added three new OpCodes that allow for smart contracts to operate on our platform. Your readers can learn more about that particular subject on our website; Account Abstraction Layer Overview.

BTCspace

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:46:42 AM

A Message From The Team:

As we near the March 16th opening of the Qtum Crowdsale, we’d like to take a moment and discuss what to expect over the coming period. First and foremost, this is a global initiative, but we anticipate most of the token sales to come from the Eastern market. On ground of regulatory requirements, our legal terms excludes US citizen from participating.

The nature of this industry is risky, it’s unregulated, and requires an enormous amount of knowledge in order to make meaningful purchasing decisions. The Qtum platform was never presented as a “get rich quick” scheme. Qtum's development plan spans over multiple years and adheres to a detailed roadmap and budget. If you have not read the whitepapers, or don’t understand the risks involved in this industry - do not participate. There are, as with every project of this kind, factors beyond our control at play; from government regulations, to Bitcoin price volatility, or other unknowns.

As many of you may have noticed, we have been managing expectations since we announced Qtum to the Western market in December. We have not made any attempt to sell hype, we didn’t even release details until right before the Crowdsale, simply because we didn’t want to undermine our core technological product with hysteria. We are positive that the technology Qtum presents asserts itself in the eyes of whom has the technological background to understand its novelty, if you don't feel this to be the case, we would advise to abstain from participating in the sale.

We’re confident about the Crowdsale. We have an amazing team of Angel Backers, some of whom will be helping a lot over the next few months. We will be working with multiple industry experts, partners, and PwC to shape the direction of the project right away. If there are unsold Qtum tokens after 30 days, they will be sold to institutions. Our team wants smart money, and we will not allow the project to be fueled by cheap attempts to increase the price of our tokens.

With this said, we look forward to the 16th and the following years.
The Qtum Team

Ethereum is a scam too

their ico price is 1BTC=2000ETH  as they promised Ethereum will be the first smart contract platform.
right now.. 2000ETH=40BTC, BTC price is 2 times higher too..

Qtum ico price is 1BTC=3800Qtum as they promise Qtum will be the first POS Smart Contract platform and compatible with Bitcoin!

right now.. people who still hold ETH already made 60-70 times profit..

i am  confident i can make at least 5 times profit  even it's a scam..

JUST A reminder.. BTC is a SCAM too..

nice to buy some qtum tokens.

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:47:29 AM

why is "Patrick" Dai still in this project?

as long as he's in, it'll be known as a scam.

It's a damn shame that many Chinese people who frequent the websites where this ico is offered probably don't follow bitcointalk, smithandcrown, or icocountdown.

Probably the only money they will be able to scam will come from China

#Rektum

+1.. but seems Qtum is not a scam.. i think their angel investors are not stupid..

also check this post.. seems people also call vitalik a scammer..

also people call jack ma a scammer earlier.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/17/gregory-maxwell-vitalik-buterin-ran-quantum-computer-scam/
Gregory Maxwell: “Vitalik Buterin Ran A Quantum Computer Scam”
Being a public figure in the cryptocurrency world comes with prestige and personal attacks. Vitalik Buterin, the visionary of Ethereum development and coding genius, has been active in the world of technology for quite some time now. Before he even created Ethereum, however, he was working on building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems. Or as some people would like to call it, vaporware.

NP-complete problems are decision problems revolving around computational complexity theory. While the entire explanation of this concept can be found on Wikipedia, it is safe to assume this will one of those concepts that is always subject to substantial debate.

Vitalik Buterin And The Quantum Computer Scam
Interestingly enough, Vitalik Buterin used to be involved in this particular field of expertise before he started working on Ethereum. In fact, he was working on a software tool to address these NP-complete problems in polynomial time. Building such a solution from scratch is both time-consuming and costly, though.

According to an archived post from Gregory Maxwell, Buterin was collecting investments from people to fund the creation of this computer program. However, Maxwell strongly feels this was nothing more than an attempt to fund vaporware. In fact, a post on Qntra refers to his idea for this computer program as “a quantum computer simulation scam”.

Gregory Maxwell explained this vaporware scam as follows:

“Vitalik’s project immediately before Ethereum is that he was collecting investments from people to fund building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems in polynomial time, supposedly by simulating a quantum computer. (Never mind that even real QC aren’t conjectured to be able to do that, nor does ‘simulation’ make any sense; unless BPP == BQP that’s not even possible, and virtually all experts agree the complexity classes are probably not equivalent). He built up a reputation for himself writing tech explainers of other people’s ideas usually without any attribution (until someone complains), making him look like the author.”
And Then Ethereum Was Born
That is a rather interesting take on things. Complex ideas and concepts are difficult to explain, let alone making anyone see the need to address them. Yet for some reason, Buterin felt he had the tools at his disposal to convince people to give him money for this project. It remains unclear as to why he failed in doing so, though.

Regardless of the reasoning, it didn’t take Vitalik Buterin long to come up with a new idea. Ethereum, before it was even released to the public, raised several millions of dollars in investments. To some people, the whole concept of Ethereum is still hit-and-miss, as the code can be exploited in multiple ways. The DAO attack and replay attacks are just two of the examples.

That being said, no one is saying Ethereum is vaporware. Interesting concepts can be built on top of this source code that will change our society as a whole. But this whole ordeal goes to show there is a difference between creating concepts and stealing other’s ideas.

anyone know this story?

running farm worldwide
onetwo12

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:54:00 AM

want to see more activity from dev team

cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:55:15 AM

when will Ethereum change to proof of stake?

any information about this?
cybterpunk

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:07:44 AM

What a pity, looks like POS only, nothing for the miners here  Sad

maybe a pow version later?

how do you think dev?
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 04:09:10 AM

how do you think dev?

There won't be a Proof-of-Work phase, the tokens will be distributed once the Main Network launches in September. After that it will be staking only.

cybterpunk

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:06:57 AM

how do you think dev?

There won't be a Proof-of-Work phase, the tokens will be distributed once the Main Network launches in September. After that it will be staking only.

why not?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

why is "Patrick" Dai still in this project?

as long as he's in, it'll be known as a scam.

It's a damn shame that many Chinese people who frequent the websites where this ico is offered probably don't follow bitcointalk, smithandcrown, or icocountdown.

Probably the only money they will be able to scam will come from China

#Rektum

+1.. but seems Qtum is not a scam.. i think their angel investors are not stupid..

also check this post.. seems people also call vitalik a scammer..

also people call jack ma a scammer earlier.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/08/17/gregory-maxwell-vitalik-buterin-ran-quantum-computer-scam/
Being a public figure in the cryptocurrency world comes with prestige and personal attacks. Vitalik Buterin, the visionary of Ethereum development and coding genius, has been active in the world of technology for quite some time now. Before he even created Ethereum, however, he was working on building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems. Or as some people would like to call it, vaporware.

NP-complete problems are decision problems revolving around computational complexity theory. While the entire explanation of this concept can be found on Wikipedia, it is safe to assume this will one of those concepts that is always subject to substantial debate.

Vitalik Buterin And The Quantum Computer Scam
Interestingly enough, Vitalik Buterin used to be involved in this particular field of expertise before he started working on Ethereum. In fact, he was working on a software tool to address these NP-complete problems in polynomial time. Building such a solution from scratch is both time-consuming and costly, though.

According to an archived post from Gregory Maxwell, Buterin was collecting investments from people to fund the creation of this computer program. However, Maxwell strongly feels this was nothing more than an attempt to fund vaporware. In fact, a post on Qntra refers to his idea for this computer program as “a quantum computer simulation scam”.

Gregory Maxwell explained this vaporware scam as follows:

“Vitalik’s project immediately before Ethereum is that he was collecting investments from people to fund building a computer program to solve NP-complete problems in polynomial time, supposedly by simulating a quantum computer. (Never mind that even real QC aren’t conjectured to be able to do that, nor does ‘simulation’ make any sense; unless BPP == BQP that’s not even possible, and virtually all experts agree the complexity classes are probably not equivalent). He built up a reputation for himself writing tech explainers of other people’s ideas usually without any attribution (until someone complains), making him look like the author.”
And Then Ethereum Was Born
That is a rather interesting take on things. Complex ideas and concepts are difficult to explain, let alone making anyone see the need to address them. Yet for some reason, Buterin felt he had the tools at his disposal to convince people to give him money for this project. It remains unclear as to why he failed in doing so, though.

Regardless of the reasoning, it didn’t take Vitalik Buterin long to come up with a new idea. Ethereum, before it was even released to the public, raised several millions of dollars in investments. To some people, the whole concept of Ethereum is still hit-and-miss, as the code can be exploited in multiple ways. The DAO attack and replay attacks are just two of the examples.

That being said, no one is saying Ethereum is vaporware. Interesting concepts can be built on top of this source code that will change our society as a whole. But this whole ordeal goes to show there is a difference between creating concepts and stealing other’s ideas.

anyone know this story?

I've a weird-ass theory that may or may not hold water, but here goes nonetheless. It's possible that VB didn't invent anything, but is being used as the voice for the real creators, they taking advantage of VB's issues (seriously, I'm not versed as to what condition VB has, so apologies in that regard). None of this passes the smell test, the same for BCAP -> https://medium.com/@ico_dna/bcap-token-offering-stone-cold-investment-bonkers-9987e6ca5f31. In another life, VB could've been this guy -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG9CB31aOT0, or more seriously this guy -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EJ_rISoaM

This is not meant as a diss toward VB if I'm mistaken in my assessment, but worth thinking about given that one does not simply go from espousing a quantum computer scam to being the creator of Ethereum while donning mismatched socks.

Nite, all.
onetwo12

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:33:51 PM

https://forum.qtum.org/topic/88/dev-update-april-12th

Dev Update April 12th
Qtum has so far continued a complete review and in some cases rewrite of the code implementing Proof of Stake and the EVM into Bitcoin Core. The following has been reviewed and audited to work and be secure so far:

Proof of Stake block structures
Proof of Stake transaction format
Proof of Stake kernel hash generation and validation
EVM contract creation
EVM contract logging, events, and debugging
EVM contract calls and references

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: