Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:34:59 PM

About the spv wallet and mobile smart contact platform by Jordan Earlz
https://forum.qtum.org/topic/93/about-the-spv-wallet-and-mobile-smart-contact-platform-by-jordan-earlz

1 how do you design the "making smart contract work on smartphones and tablets" ?

We use the a slightly extended version of the SPV protocol to accomplish this.

2 does that means do you already have the swift/java version solidity compiler and EVM?

There are two approaches. The first approach is the most simple, but also carries some limitations. In this approach there is no need for an EVM implementation. However, it is not possible to execute contracts off-chain (without spending gas). The second approach is powerful, but does require an EVM implementation. In this method you can do almost anything a full node can do except for fully validate all blocks (which a mobile wallet has no need for). You can execute contracts off-chain on the mobile device.

Although the second approach will require an EVM implementation, it is not necessarily something you will have to compile into your app yourself. We are working on an IPC interface for iOS and Android that will allow third party apps to make use of the Qtum SPV wallet through an API and thus not require storing private keys and managing signatures, and can also be used for executing EVM contract code, instead of every app needing to include their own version of the EVM

3 what's the real advantage spv protocol can bring in Qtum's so called mobile smart contract platform?

The big advantage is that it's trustless and decentralized. Using SPV a mobile wallet can interact with the Qtum network directly. In order to take down a mobile wallet's connectivity, one would have to DDoS or attack the entire Qtum network, which is extremely difficult if not impossible. This is a major advantage over a centralized wallet, which can be shut down by shutting down a single company's set of servers. Additionally in a centralized wallet it's possible for the server to report invalid transaction data if a hacker gets access to the server due to a security vulnerability

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onetwo12

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 03:37:01 PM

From skycoin dev: Why Qtum may become a big success
https://forum.qtum.org/topic/64/from-skycoin-dev-why-qtum-may-become-a-big-success
https://qtum.org
Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?
Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way

thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)
I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.

we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
now we just trying to figure out how to build pure computer on UXTO
Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"
Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?
I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:24:57 PM

From skycoin dev: Why Qtum may become a big success
https://forum.qtum.org/topic/64/from-skycoin-dev-why-qtum-may-become-a-big-success
https://qtum.org
Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way

thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)
I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.

we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
now we just trying to figure out how to build pure computer on UXTO
Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"
Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

Ok. but still no.
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 05:02:10 PM

Since Qtum’s inception, we have been asked why we chose the UTXO model. When bundled with existing Blockchain technologies, it is very powerful. Instead of reinventing the wheel and creating a costly and untested new platform, it is possible to combine proven solutions to provide the ultimate Smart Contract solution. We believe that the parallel proofs provided by the UTXO model, along with Proof-of-Stake 3.0 (POS3), the Simple Payment Verification protocol, and the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) is the perfect fusion.

Recently, we were asked some good questions about our solution.  Our Lead Developer, Jordan Earls took the time to respond, see below:

Question:  How do you design “Making Smart Contracts work on smartphones and tablets” happen?

Earls:   We will extend the SPV protocol for this purpose. We will extend it to allow validating contract state without needing to validate the entire blockchain, nor downloading the entire blockchain. We also will be extending the P2P network implemented by Bitcoin’s code to also include functionality specific to smart contracts and the management of their state. And finally, we will be releasing several mobile APIs specifically built for easy integration of Qtum and smart contract’s into new and existing Android and iOS applications.                

Question: Does that mean you already have the Swift / Java version solidity compiler and EVM?

Earls: No, but this is for a reason. There are two primary approaches for integrating smart contract’s into your application, depending on your exact needs. The first method is easiest but includes some limitations. The first method involves using IPC interfaces to allow for an application to use the mobile wallet’s EVM and SPV blockchain implementations. This method is also the safest because the wallet will manage private keys instead of the application. However, this may be more complicated and carry some limitations. So, application developers may choose the second approach. This involves compiling an EVM and SPV implementation directly into your application, and thus your application will directly interact with the blockchain, but is responsible for managing its own security profile and for tracking funds if needed.

Question:  what's the real advantage the SPV protocol can bring to Qtum’s so-called “Mobile Smart Contract”?

Earls: The fact that we can provide Mobile Smart Contracts in a trustless and decentralized environment is the major advantage. Using SPV, a mobile wallet can interact with the Qtum network directly. In order to take down a mobile wallet’s connectivity, one would have to attack the entire Qtum network, which is extremely difficult because of the POSv3 consensus model. This puts our solution leaps and bounds ahead of a centralized wallet solution, which can be attacked by simply attacking the provider’s servers. The other issue with centralization is if those servers are compromised, they can report invalid transaction data, leading to businesses and consumers alike potentially trusting false data. In some models of wallet centralization, it can also result in funds being outright stolen because the private keys are stored on the server.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:44:48 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 06:46:56 PM by Gleb Gamow

Qtum is the only project i can see in 2017 have the potential to get 5-10 times profit.

So, Great Qtum Guru, exactly how does one make 5-10 times profit from investing in a nonprofit that 100% billed as NOT AN INVESTMENT VEHICLE having its chartered in Singapore restricting such nonprofits from garnering more than $5M SGD during its lifetime?

And why the fuck aren't you demanding to see Qtum's txIDs depicting where your and others' "donations" went?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:14:38 AM

Qtum is the only project i can see in 2017 have the potential to get 5-10 times profit.

So, Great Qtum Guru, exactly how does one make 5-10 times profit from investing in a nonprofit that 100% billed as NOT AN INVESTMENT VEHICLE having its chartered in Singapore restricting such nonprofits from garnering more than $5M SGD during its lifetime?

And why the fuck aren't you demanding to see Qtum's txIDs depicting where your and others' "donations" went?

do you know how Ethereum spend their money?

or Augur or maidsafe ?
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:06:48 AM

I'm not trying to be rude, but why do you think it matter if the company is a non profit or not? It doesn't matter if the group/team behind the token is for profit, non-profit, or even unknown.  That has no bearing on the price of the tokens on an open exchange.  This isn't stock we're talking about. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:02:16 PM

I'm not trying to be rude, but why do you think it matter if the company is a non profit or not? It doesn't matter if the group/team behind the token is for profit, non-profit, or even unknown.  That has no bearing on the price of the tokens on an open exchange.  This isn't stock we're talking about. 

nice to have someone who understand the crypto world.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:34:24 PM

Seriously, I don't give a rat's ass if Qtum is a nonprofit entity or not. But it was Qtum that came to this space declaring from the get-go that they are a nonprofit, going as far as linking to articles stating the same, even pointing to their charter in Singapore further proving such. Then Qtum said endlessly that they are not an investment vehicle and that their ICO offering should not be considered such. The exchanges were used for only one purpose - to sell the tokens. The results of the sale garnered Qtum U$15M, over U$10M over the $5M SGD that's allowable by Singaporean law according to the nonprofit charter Qtum provided.

Take the above plus Patrick Dai's name change so to mask his past dealings in this space and you have a scam. At one time on this forum, only 10% of the all the above would've more than enough to have dozens upon dozens of users echoing the same sentiment, further providing their own discovered proof so to forever kick these bastards otta this space forever. But now it's an accepted practice.
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:29:06 PM

Seriously, I don't give a rat's ass if Qtum is a nonprofit entity or not. But it was Qtum that came to this space declaring from the get-go that they are a nonprofit, going as far as linking to articles stating the same, even pointing to their charter in Singapore further proving such. Then Qtum said endlessly that they are not an investment vehicle and that their ICO offering should not be considered such. The exchanges were used for only one purpose - to sell the tokens. The results of the sale garnered Qtum U$15M, over U$10M over the $5M SGD that's allowable by Singaporean law according to the nonprofit charter Qtum provided.

Take the above plus Patrick Dai's name change so to mask his past dealings in this space and you have a scam. At one time on this forum, only 10% of the all the above would've more than enough to have dozens upon dozens of users echoing the same sentiment, further providing their own discovered proof so to forever kick these bastards otta this space forever. But now it's an accepted practice.

Can you provide a link or direct quote of the rule stating that 5M is the lifetime limit? I've googled and haven't found this anywhere.  It would seem like a very asinine rule to impose a 5M lifetime limit on a non profit.  Why would any country have such a rule?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 09:12:13 PM

Qtum Roadmap Breakdown:

Subsection 1:

Potentially incomplete GUI, full RPC methods for contract interaction

A potentially incomplete Graphical User Interface (GUI) refers to the ‘frontend’ Qtum wallet. A Daemon is essentially a ‘service’ that runs on a server, it’s usually shortened to “D” meaning that Qtum Server or Quantum “Daemon” would be shortened to simply “QtumD”. The GUI is a wrapper that contains a compiled binary of the Qtum source code. This is usually done using the QT framework, allowing users of various operating systems to complete tasks, such as: transfer tokens, control smart contracts, create new accounts, etc. Some operations will not have graphical functions, these are usually RPC commands that require a console view, and will be operated using command line interfaces, such as viewing the network difficulty.

When the Qtum source code is compiled and permissions are assigned, the Daemon process can be started. This allows the entity running this to call on RPC commands, which are defined as “Remote Procedure Calls”. Many people who use Bitcoin wallets may not realize they already use these calls frequently, when they send and receive coins in their QT wallet. The purpose of a GUI wallet is to eliminate having to compile source code and having to learn the various RPC functions. The nature of UTXO blockchains allows Qtum to be very familiar to users who have experience with Bitcoin and other projects that fall into its family, like Litecoin.

This section of the Roadmap states that the Qtum testnet will be ready to compile, with full RPC methods for interraction with Smart Contracts that interract with the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine).

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:00:59 PM

Nobody seems to like for-profit suckers. Look at zcash and zooko to know why. Everyone thinks their ambition is to reap profits therefore no one wants to touch stuff they produce as they are greedy asses obsessed with money. That's why I and a half of my other identities are working for a gigantic for-profit tokio-based blockchain company.
runiwani

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:24:49 PM

do you have a plan to enter big exchanges this year?

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 01:30:50 AM

We spoke with Bittrex and Poloniex to see if they'd host our crowdsale, but Poloniex said they do not do this anymore. Our lawyers advised us that US citizens should not participate in the Crowdsale, so we stuck with Chinese and a Canadian exchange.

It's an open source project, if any exchange wants to list it, that's their prerogative. So far we have not been contacted by any other exchanges.

Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 06:58:17 AM

Development Update:

Over the last few weeks, the Qtum mobile team has been work on the lite wallet Smart Contract functions. Yesterday, we produced some screenshots that showcase what to expect in the months to come.

Here are some details:

1, The mobile wallet is pre-alpha, operating in a very early Test Network

2, The screenshots show that you can create your own tokens as part of a contract, to launch your own project in 3 steps.

3, The SPV integration is not yet complete, it's all going through a centralized server right now. This will be ready after the Main Network is released.

4, We are taking suggestions on which Smart Contract function you would like included in this software.

thank you!

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 07:10:09 AM

Development Update:

Over the last few weeks, the Qtum mobile team has been work on the lite wallet Smart Contract functions. Yesterday, we produced some screenshots that showcase what to expect in the months to come.

Here are some details:

1, The mobile wallet is pre-alpha, operating in a very early Test Network

2, The screenshots show that you can create your own tokens as part of a contract, to launch your own project in 3 steps.

3, The SPV integration is not yet complete, it's all going through a centralized server right now. This will be ready after the Main Network is released.

4, We are taking suggestions on which Smart Contract function you would like included in this software.

thank you!

Nice update, Thank you.
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2017, 11:50:30 PM

Qtum Roadmap Breakdown:

Subsection 1:

A potentially incomplete Graphical User Interface (GUI) refers to the ‘frontend’ Qtum wallet. A Daemon is essentially a ‘service’ that runs on a server, it’s usually shortened to “D” meaning that Qtum Server or Quantum “Daemon” would be shortened to simply “QtumD”. The GUI is a wrapper that contains a compiled binary of the Qtum source code. This is usually done using the QT framework, allowing users of various operating systems to complete tasks, such as: transfer tokens, control smart contracts, create new accounts, etc. Some operations will not have graphical functions, these are usually RPC commands that require a console view, and will be operated using command line interfaces, such as viewing the network difficulty.

When the Qtum source code is compiled and permissions are assigned, the Daemon process can be started. This allows the entity running this to call on RPC commands, which are defined as “Remote Procedure Calls”. Many people who use Bitcoin wallets may not realize they already use these calls frequently, when they send and receive coins in their QT wallet. The purpose of a GUI wallet is to eliminate having to compile source code and having to learn the various RPC functions. The nature of UTXO blockchains allows Qtum to be very familiar to users who have experience with Bitcoin and other projects that fall into its family, like Litecoin.

This section of the Roadmap states that the Qtum testnet will be ready to compile, with full RPC methods for interraction with Smart Contracts that interract with the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine).

Subsection 2:

Designed for developers, not consumers

Stability is not the major concern at this point, the point of a Test Network is to find issues and improve the code, thus leading to a stable release. The Qtum developers will give test tokens to any interested party, allowing them to implement their ideas, and have the gas to execute contracts. These test tokens will hold no value  and are not the same as the tokens which will be given to participants of the crowdsale.

Interested parties that have been planning to develop on the Qtum platform will now be able to learn and test their ideas. Service providers, who have developed their own products, can start to explore if they will have to modify their systems to provide Qtum.

For example, if an exchange would like to list Qtum, there are so many factors that come into effect. They need to make sure their accounting systems are compatible with the various RPC calls, and may need time to adjust their platforms.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:09:05 PM

We spoke with Bittrex and Poloniex to see if they'd host our crowdsale, but Poloniex said they do not do this anymore. Our lawyers advised us that US citizens should not participate in the Crowdsale, so we stuck with Chinese and a Canadian exchange.

It's an open source project, if any exchange wants to list it, that's their prerogative. So far we have not been contacted by any other exchanges.

Does that mean that all the exchanges that were kind enough to allow their platform to be use to facilitate Qtum's ICO have yet shown interest in listing the Qtum token come September - at the earliest - when it's supposedly gonna be made available?
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 06:56:38 PM

Qtum Roadmap Breakdown:

Subsection 1:

Subsection 2:

Designed for developers, not consumers

Stability is not the major concern at this point, the point of a Test Network is to find issues and improve the code, thus leading to a stable release. The Qtum developers will give test tokens to any interested party, allowing them to implement their ideas, and have the gas to execute contracts. These test tokens will hold no value  and are not the same as the tokens which will be given to participants of the crowdsale.

Interested parties that have been planning to develop on the Qtum platform will now be able to learn and test their ideas. Service providers, who have developed their own products, can start to explore if they will have to modify their systems to provide Qtum.

For example, if an exchange would like to list Qtum, there are so many factors that come into effect. They need to make sure their accounting systems are compatible with the various RPC calls, and may need time to adjust their platforms.

Subsection 3:

Should be stable, but features and RPC layer subject to change from community feedback

The Qtum Test Network is a lead up to the Main Network release. It’s designed to attract interested developers. Service providers that plan to adopt Qtum into their business model will be able to analyze the code so they are prepared for the Main Network release in September 2017.

The RPC layer mentioned in this section is the same part 1, but this section is about the RPC commands directly related to calling on the Qtum Daemon. Some of the typical BitcoinD calls, like “setgenerate” will obviously be removed, as this allows the user to mine for tokens with their computer, which is not needed for Qtum. The standard RPC commands will be available, but the Qtum developers may choose to add some that BitcoinD does not currently have. This is the best time for third party developers to make suggestions.

FeverFlash

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:29:36 AM

The UTXO model is suitable for applications where each output is owned by exactly one individual otherwise it will break down. This works for currency models like Bitcoin, are you planning to use a hybrid model for general purpose smart contracts in Qtum?
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: