Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:52:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:15:15 AM

this is the best ico of 2017!

people are making 10 times and 20 times profit now and very big volume now.

where is the FUDs

i think all the fuds people brought the ico and they are holding Qtum token now.
 Smiley

running farm worldwide

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:23:07 AM

this is the best ico of 2017!

people are making 10 times and 20 times profit now and very big volume now.

where is the FUDs

i think all the fuds people brought the ico and they are holding Qtum token now.
 Smiley

also some big volume too

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/volume/24-hour/

what will happen when Qtum release?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:35:06 AM

Quote from: skycoin on March 16, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

thank you skycoin dev, because of you, i brought into qtum and made some money.

running farm worldwide
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:49:19 PM

fake coin with high price  Huh
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 02:53:27 PM

fake coin with high price  Huh

haha

FUDs again?

welcome back.

you already missed the ico

but you can buy some now

i think in one year, this will go to 100$.

running farm worldwide
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:21:47 PM

i am waitting the wallet release, any one know when will release , thanks.
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:11:03 PM

in june, i think

testnet will be released.

running farm worldwide
cri79pop

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:27:32 PM

Glad i join this ICO
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:47:32 PM

Glad i join this ICO

you made a right decision.

and your own decision, and that start reward.

just curious, where you brought your ico ?

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:39:07 PM

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/qtums-block-size-limit-will-be-governed-by-smart-contracts-heres-how-cm794200

Qtum’s Block Size Limit Will Be Governed by Smart Contracts: Here’s How

Qtum is an up-and-coming smart contract platform set to launch in September of this year. Sometimes ambitiously referring to itself as "China's Ethereum," the project recently raised $15 million in three days through a successful crowdsale or "Initial Coin Offering" (ICO).
On a technical level, the Qtum blockchain will resemble Bitcoin, but will integrate an Ethereum-like Virtual Machine on top for smart contracting purposes. Additionally, Qtum is in the process of implementing a "Decentralized Governance Protocol" ( DGP ). This DGP will have smart contracts determine the blockchain's parameter selection, like its block size limit.

Jordan Earls, also known as "earlz" online, is the co-founder and lead developer of Qtum.

"We believe this will allow for Qtum to be the first self-modifiable, self-regulating and ultimately self-aware blockchain," he told Bitcoin Magazine .

The Concept
Any blockchain has a number of parameters. In Bitcoin, this of course includes the 1 megabyte block size limit. But it also includes the block reward (currently 12.5), the block interval time (ten minutes) and more. These and three other parameters apply to Qtum as well.

But there are two basic problems with needing to have these parameters. First, they are very hard to get "right," in so far as that's even possible, since different parameters benefit different use cases. And second, in a decentralized system, these parameters can be very hard to change.

"The core rationale and problem we had when designing this is that we will release Qtum with some initial parameters that we try to make perfect," Earls told Bitcoin Magazine . "But we don't know what the ecosystem will look like one month after release, much less one year. So, we designed DGP. That way, we can tune the blockchain to be as usable and secure as possible without needing to fork, just to change a simple number from 1 to 2."

Qtum plans to realize this way of "tuning the blockchain" by doing what it does best: The DGP will consist of relatively straightforward smart contracts made up of blockchain-readable pieces of executable code.

"We have open-source smart contracts which implement the rules for changing the parameters, which will then be accepted by all nodes. It implements a fairly simple governance system of 'user keys' and 'admin keys.' There is a modifiable parameter in the contract which determines how many keys of each type must vote in order to approve a change to, say, the block size limit."

Importantly, through the use of smart contracts, these keys can actually represent more than just a regular user per key: Each key can represent a defined group.

"Perhaps one key represents a majority of hash power; or a key represents coin votes by coin holders; or a key acts according to a dynamic limit based on how full blocks are. Or even oracles: a key can effectively be controlled by people or servers that act based on input not directly readable by the blockchain itself, like USD market price for transaction fees. It's extremely flexible."

Qtum will almost certainly include smart contracts for the block size limit, the gas schedule to determine the price of different smart contract operations (for which Ethereum hard forked several times) and the minimum gas price. Additionally, it might deploy smart contracts for block interval times, block rewards, maximum gas per block and maximum script size or signature operations per transaction or block.

Changing the Rules
Embedding the parameter selection in smart contracts is clever and having all node software adjust accordingly even more so. However, an arguably even harder problem is not so much what parameter is decided on, but who gets to decide in the first place and how.

In Qtum, the initial parameters will be set by the developers based on their testing and measurements.

"For instance, we've already determined that a block size of 2 megabytes should be reasonable," Earls said.

After that, the initial set of rules to define the parameters can be changed themselves within the rules of the system, too.

A smart contract could, for example, start out relatively simple: It requires a majority of core developers to change the rules of the contract. Then, if a majority of core developers decides that instead of just developers, it should also include a majority of coin holders, the contract can be changed to a two-of-two multisig contract. From that moment on, one key would represent the developers, while the other key would represent the majority of coin holders. Next, if both developers and coin holders agree, hash power can have a seat at the table, too, and so forth.

As such, Qtum smart contracts can change not only the parameters of the system, but also how the parameters themselves can be changed.

That said, as Earls acknowledged, the Decentralized Governance Protocol can't actually solve all governance problems. It's specifically designed to make certain predefined parameters more easily adjustable, and it can indeed even change how these parameters can be adjusted to some extent.

But the Decentralized Governance Protocol does not and cannot apply to network rules that aren't among these predefined parameters. Protocol changes outside of these specific parameters would still require a typical upgrade mechanism, like a hard fork or a soft fork.

"I believe if Bitcoin had DGP technology, then we would still see all this fighting about SegWit vs Bitcoin Unlimited, etcetera," Earls acknowledged. "But, DGP would have been used in the meantime to increase the block size to something conservative but reasonable like 2 megabytes or 4 megabytes, to avoid all the transaction speed problems. Meanwhile, the developers and community could figure out a more permanent solution."

The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/qtums-block-size-limit-will-be-governed-by-smart-contracts-heres-how-cm794200#ixzz4i7oULzFS

running farm worldwide
idontcare

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:44:35 PM

why is the qtum so much cheaper on allcoin than on the other exchanges?
Also, why don't buyers get the cheaper qtum from allcoin?

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:54:02 PM

Qtum is really big project of the year soon this market will get more share from big investors once it will be available on big exchange like Poloniex and Bittrex than price will get doubled from current level.
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:54:23 PM

why is the qtum so much cheaper on allcoin than on the other exchanges?
Also, why don't buyers get the cheaper qtum from allcoin?

all is hard to verify?

i think all coin people are just dumping

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:55:09 PM

Qtum is really big project of the year soon this market will get more share from big investors once it will be available on big exchange like Poloniex and Bittrex than price will get doubled from current level.

Qtum will go to 50-100$ in 1 year.

check this in 25th May 2018.  Wink

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 08:56:53 PM

if Qtum can not be a top5 coin on coinmarketcap by April 9th 2018.

i will give 10BTC to who bet with me.

wanna bet for sure? Im up for it

still valid.  Grin

anyone still want do this ?

running farm worldwide
mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 09:24:53 PM

Very interesting project... On coinmarketcap is the prelaunch token only? Which is the total supply?
idontcare

Activity: 363
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 10:08:08 PM

Very interesting project... On coinmarketcap is the prelaunch token only? Which is the total supply?

100 milion total supply. 1% inflation per year.
The qtum currently on exchanges is an IOU (futures). It will properly be released in September. You can get it cheaper on allcoin that on other exchanges. People selling now are crazy imho.
Hope this helps.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:14:38 AM

in june, i think

testnet will be released.
thanks you sir i think when final wallet release  Qtum price will be another rise ,just wait
template

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:12:58 PM

look this alert when price is $1- crazy man buy it now
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:01:24 PM

Fake volume and only pre launch, come on now. this coin will hit exchanges and will dump

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: