Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:11:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:44:53 PM

Hello,

I tried to sent QTUM from Bittrex to my ETH wallet.
It did not work.

But it should, because QTUM is a ERC20 token.
Or do I get it wrong?

Please write me where should I put my coins, I want to take tham out of the exchange.

Thank you,
Zorro

Qtum is no longer an ERC20 Token.  The ERC20 tokens were just placeholders and needed to be swapped to mainnet tokens.  Bittrex automatically did the swap.  If your tokens are on bittrex then they are mainnet tokens and cannot be sent to eth wallet.  You need the qtum ignition wallet.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:57:33 PM

Hello,

It did not work.

Or do I get it wrong?

Please write me where should I put my coins, I want to take tham out of the exchange.

Thank you,
Zorro

download the Qtum wallet first

https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases/tag/mainnet-ignition-v0.14.12

running farm worldwide
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:24:03 PM

Quote from: skycoin on March 16, 2017, 04:54:31 PM

- https://qtum.org

Qtum, will probably replace ethereum because it is simpler and has fewer problems. The UXTO model is much cleaner. They have a lot of previous developers and have already done two previous coins and are the best team I have seen so far.

I won't trust dev that promoting qtum-SCAM.....

I have not looked at qtum's code.

We know the qtum founder and he is one of the largest investors in Skycoin from four years ago, before qtum or any of this. Some of the people around him are legendary scammers, but he is not a scammer.

I think Patricks role in the bitbay situation is exaggerated. I read through the arguments and it just sounds like drama.

Many of the people in the Bitcoin community are sociopaths. They often steal things or cause drama, then immediately blame it or scapegoat it on someone else. They are not even done stealing the money, before they go on campaign of moral indignation against the fall person.

I think Patrick was blamed for Bitbay because his personality makes him an easy victim for sociopaths and the human predators in the bitcoin community. There are people walking around, sizing people up and trying to determine whether they can manipulate someone, setup a scam, steal things and who is going to be gullible or a fall person.

If you knew the people involved, you would understand what the social dynamic is.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

Ethereum is using an accounts model, like Ripple. Which is anti-blockchain and anti-privacy and very traceable. It is against the philosophy of Bitcoin.

All coins going forward will be on the UXTO model and it is best practice for blockchain. Moving turing complete smart contracts off of accounts model and onto UXTO is extremely important and that is what qtum appears to be doing.

We need to figure out how to do general computation on a UXTO model. Instead of being restrained to the Ripple/Ethereum accounts model.

I think they will get closer to the goal, but only get there part way
- thin client for smart contracts (major limitation for existing system)
- moving smart contracts onto UXTO (major milestone)

I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction. I talked to one of their technical leads and they were focused on "Getting it working with something we can do now" and then incremental improvement over time. So first implementing the Ethereum virtual machine on top of UXTO, then working out the research problems for a native turing complete UXTO language later.

I do not know if there is a way to full UXTO while still having "gas". I think you will need to get rid of the "gas". In the ethereum model to take full advantage. I do not know if qtum will be able to go far enough in doing that, but is heading in the correct direction.

Ethereum tries to be both a token and a computer.
- we started with pure tokens (Bitcoin)
- then we added a computer to the tokens (Ethereum)
- now we just trying to figure out how to build  pure computer on UXTO
- Then once we have the computer, the tokens or coins just become a program or entity running on this "distributed computer"

Bitcoin, Ethereum, qtum, byteballs, etc are just stepping stones. Towards a final solution. None of these will exist or be relevant in ten years. We are in an age of transition and I am looking at the projects that are getting closer to the goal, in a pure mathematical sense.

Even Skycoin is being ripped up and its foundations constantly rewritten when it is advantageous to do so. Bitcoin is static and relatively unchanging, while Ethereum has been able to get the community to accept constant small changes.

Skycoin is on a punctuated equilibrium model, where we do bug fixes and polishing, then completely rip up and rebuild the foundation as needed, then go back to bug fixes and polishing.

Right now, we are exploring new networking primitives and the advantage of immutable data structures, but are still on blockchain. Putting EVM on UXTO is heading towards immutable data structures from the perspective of computation, while we are heading towards immutable data structures from the path of consensus, networking and simplifying object synchronization protocols.

One of the pilots that is being spun out of that project is the distibuted, peer-to-peer social media platform built upon immutable data structures and peer-to-peer object replication. For this Skycoin chose a public key, cryptographic publisher/subscriber model and DAG immutable object tree. While Ethereum's project chose a Kadmelia DHT block storage model.

Ignoring the individuals and the drama, I am just looking at the "future direction" and who is heading in that direction.

>Also how can you be so confident qtum is going to replace ETH based on it's tech when they haven't released code yet?

I am not confident it will replace Ethereum. At the start, it will be equivalent to ethereum in terms of being able to run the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) on top of qtum with UXTO. Then they will do a native language.

It will depend on the implementation. I do not know if qtum has succeeded, but they seem to be going in right direction.

Similarly, Byteballs may fail or may not exist in ten years, but they are pioneering the first experiments into replacing the Blockchain with a DAG. Which we have been considering for several years now.

Similarly, Bitcoin was the first but people are getting used to the idea that it will not be the final or best cryptocurrency. That it was just the first generation and that we can build better and improve it substantially.

thank you skycoin dev, because of you, i brought into qtum and made some money.

i like this post, everyone should read it.

that's one of the most exciting post this year.

there are a lot of insights in this post.

people will realize this later. Smiley

this is the really the nice insights before Qtum ICO

right now, i think more and more people can realize this.
lijoe408

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:53:41 AM

The price spread for this coin is insane for US exchanges for Asian.  Qtum trades at a 20$ premium on Bithumb and coinone compared to bittrex.  If I had someone in Korea that I could trust, I would seriously do some arbitrage.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 09:50:38 AM

Hello,

It did not work.

Or do I get it wrong?

Thank you,
Zorro

Qtum is no longer an ERC20 Token.  The ERC20 tokens were just placeholders and needed to be swapped to mainnet tokens.  Bittrex automatically did the swap.  If your tokens are on bittrex then they are mainnet tokens and cannot be sent to eth wallet.  You need the qtum ignition wallet.

If you still hold Qtum ERC20 tokens, you can use gate.io to swap them to Qtum Ignition Main Network tokens.

You cannot send Qtum from Bittrex (which are mainnet tokens) to an Ethereum deposit address.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
fishervwb

Activity: 445
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:58:58 PM

Top 10 Companies of the Blockchain Industry in 2017

2017 was definitely the year of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin has surged from more than $950 at the beginning of the year to as high as $20,000. Bitcoin ChartThe total market capitalization of all the cryptocurrencies hit the $600 bln mark in December. Total Market CapitalizationWe also saw an enormous growth in the number of the Initial Coin Offerings - from one or two a week in 2016, to dozens of ICOs in seven days in 2017. Cointelegraph is launching the “New Year’s Special” series of articles to highlight the results of this year and to get ready for the upcoming 2018. In this article, let’s have a look at companies that have performed better than others during this remarkable year for the industry.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/top-10-companies-of-the-blockchain-industry-in-2017
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:16:14 PM

Dec. 28, 2017, Qtum and Baofeng, the largest video hosting in China, announced the partnership to transform the music and movie industry!
Is this why Vevue is a Qtum Based DAPP for Video Sharing? I thiss Dapp ready for testing?
Quite an unexpected turn for Qtum)

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Asgardian

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:53:02 AM

Could anyone tell me please where I need my qtum for the ubtc airdrop? Thanks

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
lijoe408

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:29:50 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 06:56:40 AM by lijoe408

Could anyone tell me please where I need my qtum for the ubtc airdrop? Thanks

you have to download the qtum ignition wallet from github to  receive the airdrop, the qtum team released this presser

*link removed*

edit*I found it it was a scam website and someone hijacked the slackbot.  The longer the Qtum/UBTC team waits to release any real news the more likely people are going to be taken in by these friggin scams.  This is ridiculous.  The airdrop is in 2 days and not a peep, and scammers are running rampant.  People are going to be victimized by these scammers, as they scramble to not miss the airdrop due to lack of official news.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
BitBitCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1273
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:27:14 AM

I have several problems with Qtum Wallet. My current version crashes after a few minutes from start up and can not even sync. Currently I have version 0.14.08 for Windows 64. But if I go here https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases to download the new version "qtum-0.14.12-win64.zip" I have trouble downloading the file

j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

Hello Qtum community ---

Qtum is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's decentralized exchange, BarterDEX! Right NOW, peer2peer, on Mainnet with live orderbooks. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 80+ coins on the exchange. If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : ) We have a team availabe for walking leaders of featured coins through the Komodo ecosystem to teach you how your community can benefit from BarterDEX!

This is truly a community project - the keys are now in your hands! YOU (literally anyone) can be a marketmaker for your coin, making it available to BarterDEX users around the globe. YOU can create a SPV electrum server, allowing BarterDEX users to manage and trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain. It would be nice to have your coin paired with KMD on a dedicated Liquidity Provider node, allowing users to trade between the two 24/7 - then we could introduce it to the community as having liquidity in BarterDEX! We would be happy to assist you with setting these up. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the BarterDEX decentralized exchange!

Trade freely and safely,
Jay
nthnode404

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

Is there a mac wallet or will one be developed? Thank you!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:23:08 PM

When the swap (if any) will occur?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:52:29 PM

recently, different chain projects are on the agenda. qtum is a bit of a hassle about this, but I think it will support successful projects.
Kirilp

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:35:12 AM

Qtum Foundation, Trusted IoT Alliance, and Chronicled Develop Blockchain IoT Cases

http://www.iotevolutionworld.com/iot/articles/436228-qtum-foundation-trusted-iot-alliance-chronicled-develop-blockcha.htm#.Wk8kC8QtTMs.twitter
In a recent release, Chronicled and The Qtum Foundation have announced a collaboration to combine the Internet of Things (IoT) with Blockchain technology, developing real-world use cases integrating smart devices with a secure distributed ledger back end. This will take place in collaboration with researchers at the University of California, Berkeley. Through this partnership, Qtum and Chronicled will work together to define and support a roadmap of fundamental research at UC Berkeley, developing post-quantum applied cryptography, zkSNARK-based privacy-preserving smart contracts, and zero knowledge proofs for large computations.
TomiJerry

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:42:37 AM

I very like Qtum Wallet. I see that I have section for ERC tokens. It is not clear for me - how is integrated Ethereum blockchain and Qtum blockchain. Could you please explain?
Le07

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:00:50 AM

This has gotta be the most annoying investment of all the currencies I'm in atm. How is the price ALWAYS so much lower than any other coin in the top 20. 80% of the other coins don't even have a product or a working main net...its JUST ANOTHER COIN that does the same shit the other 1000 cryptos do. I don't get it. I look at the price of this every now and then and I'm like why the fuck am I wasting my time and money on this. You've got articles partnerships, updates, main net up, staking wallet, its a gateway coin. Wtf more does a coin need?? And its like - 12.00% on the 7 day spread. Meanwhile Tron and literally just about any other shitter in the top 20 is like up 100% AT LEAST within 3 days. Does anyone here know anything I don't? Is this actually one big scam waiting to erupt?
pfuschi77

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:59:02 PM

I asked myself the same question and then sold all for 13€  Cry
Got back for 54€ yesterday and seconds after it fell, don´t have any look with qtum, but I will hodl it now

Till now it never was part of a crazy pump which isn´t bad at all. Neo or Stratis are the same,
some of the coins have to deliver and some not  Roll Eyes

Does Qtum survive against Eth, Neo, VeChain, Rootstock...
we will see, at this second it is rising
vesso

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:31:05 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 10:38:34 PM by vesso

QTUM is going up 30% so far, any news or predictions?  Tongue
LoSwaga

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:05:04 PM

This has gotta be the most annoying investment of all the currencies I'm in atm. How is the price ALWAYS so much lower than any other coin in the top 20. 80% of the other coins don't even have a product or a working main net...its JUST ANOTHER COIN that does the same shit the other 1000 cryptos do. I don't get it. I look at the price of this every now and then and I'm like why the fuck am I wasting my time and money on this. You've got articles partnerships, updates, main net up, staking wallet, its a gateway coin. Wtf more does a coin need?? And its like - 12.00% on the 7 day spread. Meanwhile Tron and literally just about any other shitter in the top 20 is like up 100% AT LEAST within 3 days. Does anyone here know anything I don't? Is this actually one big scam waiting to erupt?

Hey I hear you on this. If we were evaluating projects on adoption, QTUM should be the next platform after ethereum. The thing is that QTUM team does not go out of its way to pump the coins price with news, etc. I still think QTUM is going to make some moves to the top once people cant stop noticing how good of a project it is.
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: