Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:19:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
DragonETH

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:07:06 AM

Qtum to Launch CubeSat for Cryptocurrency Blockchain Platform

"Qtum Foundation announced a collaboration with the SpaceChain Foundation to launch a standardized CubeSat, which will carry Qtum‘s blockchain software technology on a Raspberry Pi device."

Qtum Foundation announced a collaboration with the SpaceChain Foundation to launch a standardized CubeSat, which will carry Qtum‘s blockchain software technology on a Raspberry Pi device.

The electricity required for cryptocurrency mining — or tallying cryptocurrency transactions in exchange for a small fee — has increased exponentially over the years. According to Digiconomist, Bitcoin mining power consumption had increased 56.2 percent over four months to hit 47.07 TWh, costing $2.3 billion per year and consuming 0.21 percent of the world’s electricity.

In Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus algorithms, power consumption is necessary for transaction verification, which is done through PoW mining. By launching a satellite into space with a comparatively lighter proof-of-stake algorithm, Qtum intends to increase its reliability with a future satellite network expansion.

While most blockchain technologies use PoW for their mining operations, Qtum uses a form of Point of Sale (PoS) for its transaction verifications in the network. The satellite launch provides energy savings and a cheap hardware platform. Instead of buying expensive specialized mining equipment that cost thousands of dollars to purchase, setup, and maintain, Qtum wallet holders can mine for Qtum tokens on light devices, according to the foundation.

There are now more than 14,000 cryptocurrencies in the world aside from the major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple. However, these cryptocurrencies are costly to maintain which increases the barrier for widespread industrial adaption, Qtum stated. With the satellite launch, Qtum hopes to lower the cost of industrial usage, which would set the stage for mass adaption of its blockchain and also future application advantages.

Kind of off topic but still interesting to look at. Will be very amazing to see Qtum‘s blockchain software running at almost zero power consumption.
this is, of course, a milestone in the history, now there is no country in which Noda lives, there is only Noda and blockchain, which can work and created in Qtum

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
██                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            ██
                                                      PROJECTON

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:19:41 PM

worth read...and be careful with cell wallets

Security Issue for Android Wallets
by karlcoin

https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/7yk8nq/security_issue_for_android_wallets/

This security issue could be applied to any wallet on a phone with a mnemonic passphrase - but I found it when restoring my QTUM wallet on my Samsung J1-mini.
Rather than type it all out again, here is the information that I pm'd to @earlz on the QTUM discord:
Hey, I got your invite - but I don't think I'm ever going to get around to submitting this security issue and I'm not after any reward.
Basically what I found was this. When I installed the QTUM wallet app on my samsung SM-J105Y I was given a lengthy pass phrase (many words, I'm sure you know what I mean). This pass phrase can be used to recreate the wallet if, say, my phone is destroyed. That's all good. So, before putting any money into the wallet I wanted to see if the pass phrase worked. So, I uninstalled the app and then reinstalled it again. Instead of creating a new wallet address, I elected to recreate my old one with the pass phrase. This worked fine.
The alarming thing, though, was that. After entering the first word of my pass phrase, my phone auto suggested every other word in the exact same order!! To me, this means that the intelligent predictive text feature of the keypad has, inadvertently, stored my wallet pass phrase. How did it get into the keypad log?? I think it must have been when I copied the originally produced version and then pasted it into my note pad.
Of course, I have no idea how long it stays in the keypad log - obviously not for ever as I have restored the wallet a couple of times since and not had the auto suggest predict my pass phrase since. So, it must get overwritten in time. Still, I think this needs to be looked into. If someone else discovered this, it could be bad news for a few people out there.
I will also post this in reddit, just to let the general public know.
stan86

Activity: 1092
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

Great article from Stocksgazette: https://stocksgazette.com/2018/02/14/qtum-qtum-still-proving-skeptics-wrong/
RhinoTrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:50:52 AM

Hey guys, I just got a new ledger nano s
Is it a good idea to store the qtum coins on a ledger?

Will smart contract function be usable through a ledger device?
If there is any existing app has it been tried out before?
zaq130

Activity: 280
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:56:04 AM

Hello, dev I recommend you to change Japanese moderator of Japanese ANN.
He is using google translation, I will show you by some pictures.

I think ur Japanese ANN is the one below.
https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/index.php?topic=12089.0

Very easy way to find out is that how that person translate the word "Smart Contract"

Below is a screenshot of an article of Japanese media.
It translate "Smart Contract" into "スマートコントラクト".

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/business/articles/1802/19/news094.html

Since the word is new and google translation is not smart, it translates into "スマート契約"

And in Qtum's ann thread, every "Smart Contract" is not translated into "スマートコントラクト" but into "スマート契約" or "スマートな契約".
This way of translation is typical machine translation, I strongly recommend you to change the moderator of Japanese thread.

Buratinos

Activity: 952
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:33:43 AM

Hi community
Tell me what is the interest rate of this coin?
What is the minimum balance for starting a POS?
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:58:20 AM

Hi community
Tell me what is the interest rate of this coin?
What is the minimum balance for starting a POS?

no minimum balance

right now i think it's 7% per year
cybterpunk

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:58:43 AM

that's a nice article
cybterpunk

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:06:49 AM

how many coin in circulation?

seems coinmarketcap are listing a wrong circulation?

can you ask them update it ?

alexvilis

Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:52:28 AM

QRC20 Token Report — February 25, 2018

As a token of my appreciation for the Community, here is a tutorial about Qtum QRC20 tokens: what they are, where they are, how to interact with them, how to watch them, and how they are created and destroyed, using a recent token airdrop for Qtum holders to illustrate these details in the life of a token.

I am an independent researcher, occasional blogger and social moderator, and appreciate the technical guidance from the Qtum Team and discussions in the Community. If you have any comments or corrections for this article, please reach out on the social medias.

https://medium.com/@jb395official/qrc20-token-report-february-25-2018-ff397a1ac070
sokol2504

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:07:59 PM

The progress that began in the crypto industry can not be stopped. Smart contracts are the main part of it. Projects, such as Safinus, actively use all new technologies
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:45:27 PM

As a token of my appreciation for the Community, here is a tutorial about Qtum QRC20 tokens: what they are, where they are, how to interact with them, how to watch them, and how they are created and destroyed, using a recent token airdrop for Qtum holders to illustrate these details in the life of a token.

I am an independent researcher, occasional blogger and social moderator, and appreciate the technical guidance from the Qtum Team and discussions in the Community. If you have any comments or corrections for this article, please reach out on the social medias.

https://medium.com/@jb395official/qrc20-token-report-february-25-2018-ff397a1ac070

Very good paper, clear and useful... thank you very much your efforts
DragonETH

Merit: 250

https://www.projecton.pro/

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:05:08 AM

great work to make it clear why developers do not prepare such materials for a wide range of system users. many blockchains promote themselves through goodwill ambassadors, preparing materials for different groups of the population.

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             
          ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░         
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▒░░             ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
  ░▓▓▓▓░░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  ░░░▓▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓██████████████▒░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░  ░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░█████░░░░█████░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░████████████▓░░   ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░      ░▓████░░░░░░░      ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▒███████▓▓░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▒░    ░▓█████████░         ░▓▓▓░ 
  ░▓▓▓▒░░                     ░░▒▓▓▓░ 
  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░ 
      ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░     ░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░      
          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░        
             ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           

PROJECTON

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
Customer relationship management using Blockchain
▬▬▬▬Whitepaper ♦ Whitelist  ▬▬▬▬
BUY XN35

██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
██۞۞██
░░░░░SOCIAL MEDIA░░░░░
TwitterTelegram Facebook 
Reddit  Medium  ➤  Bitcointalk
S3cco

Activity: 2032
Merit: 528

❤ Bitcoin Garden

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

[Bitcoin Garden] 777.BINGO: The World’s First Blockchain Pan Entertainment Platform
https://bitcoingarden.org/777-bingo-worlds-first-blockchain-pan-entertainment-platform/

[...] BINGO will bridge the gap between Blockchain and the entertainment industry in two ways. One, it will allow to develop and publish a lot more blockchain-based games, and the other is that it will help more traditional games to accept cryptocurrencies as payments. We already have two cases to demonstrate. First, we will publish QTUM HEROES, which is the first blockchain-based game with specific gameplay. QTUM HEROES was jointly developed by BINGO, QTUM and Mob Arts, please stay tuned! The second, 777.BINGO Platform will release world’s first strategy game, which supports cryptocurrency payments: Doom of Aliens. Doom of Aliens is independently developed by our technical team at Mob Arts and it will have the Google Play Global Feature after its release. The digital currency version of the game will soon be released on 777.BINGO Platform. We believe these two cases are a great demonstration of our innovative solutions! [...]

Hacker, Pirate, Milf Hunter, Owner of Bitcoin Garden
Vitamin_52

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:12:14 PM

Mithril Announces Development of New Social Media Applications on Qtum:

https://blog.qtum.org/mithril-announces-development-of-new-social-media-applications-on-qtum-494c84805d86

onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:19:23 PM

Clearly this is an independent and unbiased article with only "technical guidance from the Qtum Team", and we all know the sort of technical guidance Qtum provide to bloggers.
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:45:26 PM

Currently, countless projects have been based on QTUM to launch the market, at least there is an attempt, these motivations would be what QTUM could represent in a few months? QTUM is the Japanese ETH? If so, I need to get some coins! Grin

Japanese ETH? I haven't heard any one of them QTUM-based projects in Japan. Could you care to list them here if you can? It's a bullish sign when projects are build on top of a blockchain protocol.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:21:51 PM

🔥NEWS: You can now use QTUM to buy SVD tokens!🔥

Dear QTUM Community,

We took a lot of heat in 2016 for making this a moderated thread. To date, we have only deleted 2, maybe 3 posts. This post we are quoting was the reason we did this. During the fudd campaign this time last year, we did not 'censor' much, maybe 1 post, even the people attacking us will agree.

We'll delete this post in a day or two.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:27:29 PM

I did my research about Qtum and took notes in the way. Based on my notes, I wrote a short (3-5 min) review. Might be helpful for newcomers who want to understand the Qtum a bit more.
https://longcaller.com/coin/qtum.html

This is great, thanks! It's all correct, except for the 'Master Contract' portion. This idea was never developed and we ceased talking about it, but it can be found in old articles about Qtum.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
danielsinn

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:53:32 AM

does the QTUM website look like hell or is it just me?   it wouldnt hurt to improve the crudeness of the appearance.  just sayn,..  also, is the nodemap working?   i went to check it out and nada
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: