Bitcoin Forum
October 24, 2016, 10:38:30 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.0  [Torrent].
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slush's whitelist - newbie style  (Read 567 times)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:31:44 AM

Wanted to ask that on another task, but we are still here in this newbie wasteland.

Slush started a whitelist which is tuneable through the website. If you enter a dynhost it will fetch the ip and you miners are clear to go.

1. How long does it take that changes are used by the firewall? How does it work in background?
2. What if the dynhost gets updated but 5 minutes later my IP changes because of 24-hour-disconnect in germany? My miners will still try to get work, but the IP is not whitlisted ... - so I run into these manuall updates, which sucks. Or my miners are have to wait until the IP gets updated which happens when? Is it not a good idea to let the people decide, when an update is needed? So I enter a time on the website for each dynhost (only 1 time is allowed for every one) and configure my router to reconnect at a specific moment. By this way the user gets in controll - modifications on slush whitelist-configuration should be easily enough.

Thanks for your time, T.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Activity: 887

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 10:56:02 AM

being a newbie sucks

Activity: 504

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:11:15 AM

Can I be whitelisted please I want to post in the real men's world.

You registered just 3 hours before and you are comment spamming already, let you out? Hell I hope some mod keep you here.

Wait patiently for 4 hours. You comment spam so much but haven the seen the thread which explains the newbie requirements?

Just take a break of comment spamming and chill.

EDIT : Sorry everyone, shouldnt have joined in this necroposting Sad

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 11:50:19 AM

Out there... it's scary Sad If you say something wrong 20 people end up quoting you and destroying the old ego!

Source: First hand experience  Grin
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.