Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlockBurner LLC - Crucible FPGA Scrypt Miner - Announcement Aug-19  (Read 42348 times)
Operatr (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 02:58:13 AM

I think it is way early to worry about anyone trying a 51% attack, as that would entail a single person or entity controlling over half of all available hashpower. In addition to all of the GPU rigs currently out there, we would be adding a new wave of hardware on top of it to a diverse pool of people. I don't think it's worth worrying about at all. FPGAs will strengthen the network with something better and much more efficient, in a way we're just part of a natural upgrade to something beyond hobbyist hardware.

Unless someone makes a $10,000,000 order....I don't think we have to worry lol. Though that would be pretty cool  Shocked Grin

Remember that these market caps are still microscopic in terms of the worlds GDP, assuming adoption starts to explode someday GPU rigs simply won't cut it as the backbone of a new "banking" industry because they just cannot scale after a point and remain viable. Difficulty will be extremely high the bigger the network gets. The only thing saving profitability are the coins themselves continuing to gain value in parallel to total network hashpower. Hashing is about to become some big, serious business, as will creating the devices we need to support this industry.

Jasinlee is correct, we will be going through several optimizations and a lot of testing ourselves. These are the first Scrypt specific devices, so it will take some fine tuning to get every last drop of performance out of them and ready them for production.

qiuness

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:33:17 PM

Operatr, how far are you with the proj? can we have an "alpha" estimate?
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:51:46 PM

i'm quite interested - may drop a couple $k on this. Let me know how/if to invest in it
Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:02:11 AM

+1
wheatrich

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:59:58 AM

Following because I'm very interested in this project.  Gl with it.
slicko

Activity: 70

jersey 4 life !!!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:38:21 PM

watching & also interested
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 09:02:24 PM

+1

I am hoping to have an announcement on Tuesday  Smiley

Thanks for your support guys!

The main website is currently being migrated but should be up soon on its new home that is much faster and better protected.

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 11:12:50 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 08:23:51 PM by Operatr

I don't have much in the way of a real update today, but I have done the most obviously important thing any startup can do:

I give you BlockBurner the T-Shirt Cool Next time I'll probably not stare directly into the sun for these shots... Smiley

qiuness

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 09:27:48 AM

how is the status of the FPGA? KnC is also builing one and is set to have it ready in the summer
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 04:13:01 PM

how is the status of the FPGA? KnC is also builing one and is set to have it ready in the summer

Progress as of late has been a little slow with the Dev team being busy with real world stuff, like wives and jobs  Grin But we have entered the most complex design element of the FPGA which will take a while to complete. I myself am just getting us legalized in the US to do business. With a few other things in the works I don't mind a bit of a lull for the moment to catch up a bit.

I feel like a broken record in saying "updates soon", unfortunately we're just not far along enough to be comfortable releasing too many details just yet, even from the legal standpoint as we are not incorporated as of today either so releasing any of our IP would be reckless until that is 100% locked in. Unlike other companies this one started with the first post of this thread instead of just dumping a website out there first with a vague promise and a buy button. We are displaying things in real time and not on hypotheticals or guesses.

I had read somewhere that KnC was inquiring about Scrypt miners, though as they have yet to deliver anything at all I'm not overly concerned. They don't seem very organized, plus PG has been all over them finding the cracks in their enterprise which are everywhere. It would stand to reason they should probably just focus on the ASIC they promised first before starting another product line in parallel, though FPGAs are easier to develop than ASIC hardware. We will see, in the end whoever manages to release a product does good for the network. Assuming cryptocurrency goes mainstream worldwide, there will be plenty of room in the market for the makers of these digital cannons  Smiley

We have something a little different in mind than current offerings however, I will say we are not working on just a single little board for sale, but a complete product line  Cool

Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:42:04 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 06:17:21 PM by Operatr

I have sent off our legal paperwork today to form us as a real, legal business in Montana state, the details of which will be posted publicly (barring personal details of the members) as soon as I get the confirmation letter back.

We have had somewhat of a hold lately with meat-world issues for all of us personally, as well as taking this step before we proceed much farther with the FPGA design itself. We have developed a clear concept for the overall product design and the features we want to include in this time however.

As usual I can't say too much more at the moment, but for an idea, Crucible is not just a single device  Wink

qiuness

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:15:54 PM

nice1 Operatr, looking forward for more details.
Operatr (OP)

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 06:20:16 PM

nice1 Operatr, looking forward for more details.

Cool

We have our own thoughts for what kinds of features and options to put into this, though I value community input, so-

What would your dream device include?

aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:28:23 PM

If it ran on a proprietary mining application, it'd be great to have a monitoring tool for Android/iOS and be able to control it from there in regards to the pool its mining on etc.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
User_513

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:29:21 PM

I'm definitely interested and will certainly keep an eye on this.

I'd love to see a secure way to manage from mobile devices, such as iOS & 'Droid.
VJain

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:07:14 PM

1. Manage things remotely (such as a web-interface, automatic reboots)
2. Ability to import/upload config files for easier deployment
3. Stand Alone - configuration is built into the device so no need to plug in via USB
4. Wi-Fi connection (after initial config) so I don't have 10000 cat6 cables running all over the place. Easier to just set up a bunch of WiFi networks + extenders in the area.
5. Ability to order from EXISTING stock and not pre-order with vague timeframes and delivery times Tongue... I like ASICMINER's process (only sell what we have on stock).

Dream Device Smiley

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
SpaceCadet

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Just mining my own business...

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:24:49 PM

Since this is more a hobby for me than a major source of income, I like the idea of small-scale miner that can be used on a variety of cryptocoin, but will pay for itself in a month or two (or before the diff goes through the roof Smiley.  I'm thinking one or two units sticking out of the USB ports I already have 'laying' around. My long-term plan is to move more effort to 'forex' than mining, but using mining to prime the pump while it is still feasible without running a server farm in your basement.

Q: Since scrypt is harder than sha, is it feasible to have an sha capability in the device as well? (not necessarily running concurrently)
kimmeriets
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:51:33 AM

What would your dream device include?
it must be scalable dev, all the rest for the user
djkakadu

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:25:36 AM

1. Manage things remotely (such as a web-interface, automatic reboots)
2. Ability to import/upload config files for easier deployment
3. Stand Alone - configuration is built into the device so no need to plug in via USB
4. Wi-Fi connection (after initial config) so I don't have 10000 cat6 cables running all over the place. Easier to just set up a bunch of WiFi networks + extenders in the area.
5. Ability to order from EXISTING stock and not pre-order with vague timeframes and delivery times Tongue... I like ASICMINER's process (only sell what we have on stock).

Exactly !!! Dream Device Smiley
anderl

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 12:59:57 PM

Why the "Going Legit" in the title.  Was it not legit before.  Are you moving toward legitimacy?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: