Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:51:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas hold'em tournament  (Read 251 times)
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 04:47:30 AM

Hey guys i'm looking for a Texas hold'em tournament to have a little fun on the holidays but i am not a big gambler. Does anyone know of any tournaments that don't cost a fortune to enter?
I would probably be looking for something in the 0.03-5btc max entry cost.

And also how do these work, i assume when i by in to a tournaments at say 0.03btc then i just have that as my bankroll and play with other till the winner finally takes all?
Do these normally run for long?

I really just want one that i can enter without downloading anything, buy in for about 0.03btc and sit at the table, so what sites do i have available that would suite my needs?

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:53:46 AM

Pokerstars offer a wide range of tourneys at the cost you're willing to spend.  The problem is you have to go through Neteller to deposit at their site.  And you can't or will have a hard time converting all that Neteller USD back to BTC in case you want to.  There's Betcoin but I'm not to sure if the traffic at their poker site is good recently, but check it out as they're the best Bitcoin poker site afaik.

Edit:  Oh...  There's America's Card Room.  They accept BTC deposits the last time I checked.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 06:08:35 AM

Pokerstars offer a wide range of tourneys at the cost you're willing to spend.  The problem is you have to go through Neteller to deposit at their site.  And you can't or will have a hard time converting all that Neteller USD back to BTC in case you want to.  There's Betcoin but I'm not to sure if the traffic at their poker site is good recently, but check it out as they're the best Bitcoin poker site afaik.

Edit:  Oh...  There's America's Card Room.  They accept BTC deposits the last time I checked.
Since i'mo not really interested in dealing with Neteller then that rules the first one out.
I won't ever bet at Betcoin.ag and should not have explain why that is (most should know why), so it looks like i may have to check your 3rd suggestion out.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 06:18:58 AM

And also how do these work, i assume when i by in to a tournaments at say 0.03btc then i just have that as my bankroll and play with other till the winner finally takes all?

Addressing this:

Tournaments usually go like this - you pop in a buy-in, get a specific number of chips, and compete until there is only one player left.

Blinds will increase during the game at specific times and there may or may not be multiple prizes for the tournament (dependent on when you are eliminated).

These last for multiple hours, with breaks in-between.

If you however are looking to be able to ditch the tables at any time, consider cash games where the most you can lose is the amount you buy-in with. The blinds are static and you can leave at any time.

IIRC, NitrogenSports has tournaments with a moderate number of players (provided they're GTD) as well as cash games. FJ doesn't offer that many.

At the end of it I would recommend ACR if you are okay with verification. (They do a KYC afaik)

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 11:04:02 AM

Addressing this:

Tournaments usually go like this - you pop in a buy-in, get a specific number of chips, and compete until there is only one player left.

Blinds will increase during the game at specific times and there may or may not be multiple prizes for the tournament (dependent on when you are eliminated).

These last for multiple hours, with breaks in-between.

If you however are looking to be able to ditch the tables at any time, consider cash games where the most you can lose is the amount you buy-in with. The blinds are static and you can leave at any time.

IIRC, NitrogenSports has tournaments with a moderate number of players (provided they're GTD) as well as cash games. FJ doesn't offer that many.

At the end of it I would recommend ACR if you are okay with verification. (They do a KYC afaik)
Thanks for the info.
I would probably want to stick with cash games then because i'm not looking to spend more than my initial deposit and would like to have the opportunity to cash out at anytime.

I would prefer no verification, just log in deposit some btc and hope for the best.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:22:29 AM

Hey guys i'm looking for a Texas hold'em tournament to have a little fun on the holidays but i am not a big gambler. Does anyone know of any tournaments that don't cost a fortune to enter?
I would probably be looking for something in the 0.03-5btc max entry cost.

I really just want one that i can enter without downloading anything, buy in for about 0.03btc and sit at the table, so what sites do i have available that would suite my needs?

What you are describing is the normal behaviour of a cash table, and not a tournament.
On a tournament you make a buy in, and then you will play according to the tournament structure. You will be given some chips, everyone gets the same amount, and then you will play with that until the end. If you run up of chips you are out, unless the tournament has re-buys etc. The blinds normally go up in a pre-determined interval, and things will get harder if you don't manage to win chips over time.

There are plenty of freerolls, on most poker rooms, so you don't have to risk anything if you don't want to.

As for cash tables, you choose a table with a low limit and you sit there you some coins and you play vs other players. The advantage here is that you can leave the table at any time, just grab your coins and leave. The blinds are fixed, and you are getting profit every hand you win.

In a cash table however you can't play for free, but like I said there are plenty of low limit tables, so you can find something for the limits you specified as well.

I used to play at betcoin.ag, and I enjoyed it. Don't play there for a while, so I don't know how things are at the moment.
When I used to play you didn't have to download software, although I prefer to do it, because I don't like the interface of browser play.

As for either to choose tournament or cash table why not try both?
Like I said, you have plenty of freerolls, so you can even play for free and win some coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: