Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:34:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your best mining strategy?  (Read 3449 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 10:25:28 PM

tbh i don't even know how much you would receive by mining on CPU's nowadays. it may not cost your electricity but definitely puts more load on the hardware. i just don't think it's even worth the time one would spend to set it up at all.

on a side note, if you were caught mining on public / college properties for personal gains, you might get into trouble, especially if you mine on more than one computers. it's not hard to be found out.

True. As I do some mining on college computers, I'm aware that I may get caught if seen in public. I try to hide the mining software by running it minimized in the background, while I make a few coins along the way.

Still, I think it would be very ideal to do it on a VPS instead. I know that it wouldn't be profitable mining CPU coins on there, but at least it would be good for fun and learning.

One coin that I've been looking forward to mine is Hodlcoin, since you can put some of your mined coins into "Hodl" mode for a couple of months or even a year to receive even greater rewards.  Smiley
If you're going to mine on a VPS, make sure that the seller of the VPS allows mining or doesn't have anything against it in their TOS. Your vps can easily be cancelled if there's rules against mining with your service- I learned that the hard way mining some CPU coins with a Xeon VPS. The good news was that the VPS had only a few days left but I had no use for it at that point so I figured I might as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 09:42:26 PM

If you're going to mine on a VPS, make sure that the seller of the VPS allows mining or doesn't have anything against it in their TOS. Your vps can easily be cancelled if there's rules against mining with your service- I learned that the hard way mining some CPU coins with a Xeon VPS. The good news was that the VPS had only a few days left but I had no use for it at that point so I figured I might as well.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to be careful when doing cryptocurrency mining on a VPS. It would be quite interesting to see what results I would achieve by mining Monero on it, at least for a year. Even if it wouldn't be profitable to mine on the VPS, I would try it for fun and learning.

Nevertheless, if you happen of any good VPS providers, please let me know by sending a PM. I was going to try Digital Ocean but prices seem a little bit high for the specs provided on their VPS plans.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: