Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Who is the Bitcoin Drama Queen for 2016?  (Read 1440 times)
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:07:55 AM

I have create a poll in twitter with the question:

Who is the Bitcoin Drama Queen for 2016?

• Roger Ver
    Mike Hearn
    Gavin Andresen
    Craig Wright
I will appreciate anyone to vote there Smiley

The link is here

https://twitter.com/spiroseliot/status/811351771998130176+

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kayak gigantic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:12:08 AM

Easy one.

Mike Hearn. Hands down!

Ps. This should be a poll here on the forum.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:30:14 AM

Who is the Bitcoin Drama Queen for 2016?[/b]

• Roger Ver
  • Mike Hearn
  • Gavin Andresen
  • Craig Wright

I'm disappointed.  I didn't make it onto the list.
Kayak gigantic

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:41:43 AM

• Roger Ver
  • Mike Hearn
  • Gavin Andresen
  • Craig Wright

Why should you be there?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:43:26 AM

• Roger Ver
  • Mike Hearn
  • Gavin Andresen
  • Craig Wright

Why should you be there?

Why not?
Kayak gigantic

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:45:08 AM

• Roger Ver
  • Mike Hearn
  • Gavin Andresen
  • Craig Wright

Why should you be there?

Why not?

I dont recall you being a drama queen. Care to point me in the right direction?
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:55:20 AM

Hello guys, especially to the author. Anyway I dont really get how they become bitcoin drama queens. Hope you can enlighten me as to how they become drama queens of bitcoin. I am new to this kind of event in bitcoin and I didnt thought of it before as something that is existing. Its my first time encountering one and in all places here in bitcointalk.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:56:52 AM

Mike Hearn with Craig Wright as a strong runner up. Though I could go either way.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 04:31:37 AM

Why should you be there?
Why not?
I dont recall you being a drama queen. Care to point me in the right direction?
I guess I'm not trying hard enough.
Greenenergy

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 09:29:15 AM

I have no Twitter account, so I'll reply here. For me the 2016 Bitcoin Drama Queen is obviously Craig Wrigth. His fake was spread even into mainstream medias in my country, and I was very surprised to know that some of my friends that are very distanced to medias and news even knew it.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 09:36:06 AM

Easy one.
Craig Wright. Hands down!

So much drama, so much attention who... that was so shady and scammy and im sad for gavin he fall for it in a way.
Anyway, lets not make stupid people famous Smiley, keep calm and keep hodling.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 09:37:33 AM

i choose greg maxwell as the drama queen.

oh wait, i forgot this poll cant be biased against blockstream..

oh well i guess i cant pick hearn either, seeing as they are secretly in bed together.
umm

guess it will have to be craig wright, although he doesnt code bitcoin or hold any bitcoin.. so that rules him out too

hmm.. guess that doesnt leave much of an option..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 11:19:59 AM

Strange selection of choices, Mike Hearn left bitcoin development and scene in January, Gavin Andresen isn't much active since bitcoin development was hijacked and bitcoin's principles changed, Don't know why Craig Wright's name is there, is he even relevant?

There's only Roger Ver left, well that's the guy who stood by MtGox when the whole thing was collapsing, I guess people still listen to him, I don't see why.

Bitcoin's drama in 2016 is mainly because of the consolidation of power around bitcoin's development and the choices those people made for bitcoin, you should revise your list to include the people in charge.

chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:05:26 PM

Bitcoin drama Queen is about ppl in bitcoin ecosystem that always whining and that have a dramatic story to say. I think my choices was very well placed. The results of the poll until now with 57 votes is in the first place Roger Ver 61% and second Mike Hearn with 19%

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:10:16 PM

Bitcoin drama Queen is about ppl in bitcoin ecosystem that always whining and that have a dramatic story to say. I think my choices was very well placed. The results of the poll until now with 57 votes is in the first place Roger Ver 61% and second Mike Hearn with 19%

biased poll, biased results

you get a self fulfilling prophecy of results if you tailor the question in a way that leads to obvious conclusions

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:35:52 PM

ach of them has a dramatic story to say in 2016.
First we have Mike Hearn with his epic ragequit and the epic fail prediction about bitcoin crash in 2016. I like also to remind you that Mike Hearn works now to the failed vaporware project R3
Second we have Craig Wright the famous hoaxer with the economical problems and fake evidence that try to convince the crypto anarchy and cypherpunk community that he was Satoshi Nakamoto...
Third choice is the all time Drama queen of bitcoin ecosystem Roger Ver with no stop whining for everything and against everyone especially against 80+ developers of bitcoin ecosystem all of this years
The last place is for Gavin. This guy once was a respectful person in bitcoin community. He choose to completely change that. First he whining that bitcoin will crash in 2016 because block is full, he continue whining that bitcoin mining will crash because of bitcoin halving and he was the only guy that fooled from con artist Wright.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:49:39 PM

First we have Mike Hearn with his epic ragequit and the epic fail prediction about bitcoin crash in 2016. I like also to remind you that Mike Hearn works now to the failed vaporware project R3
Second we have Craig Wright the famous hoaxer with the economical problems and fake evidence that try to convince the crypto anarchy and cypherpunk community that he was Satoshi Nakamoto...
Third choice is the all time Drama queen of bitcoin ecosystem Roger Ver with no stop whining for everything and against everyone especially against 80+ developers of bitcoin ecosystem all of this years
The last place is for Gavin. This guy once was a respectful person in bitcoin community. He choose to completely change that. First he whining that bitcoin will crash in 2016 because block is full, he continue whining that bitcoin mining will crash because of bitcoin halving and he was the only guy that fooled from con artist Wright.

to remind you greg maxwell has been a queen too. and while hearn is working on hyperledger, so is maxwell, infact so is gavin.
but (im guessing your thinking) shhh we must not talk about the bankers blockchain, pretend it doesnt exist untill the trojan horse is built

though ver has created some drama. the funny part is your understating cores side and overstating their professionalism.. they are a dozen paid devs with 90+ unpaid intern spellcheckers hoping to get a job within blockstream one day.

greg maxwell has been most vocal. he has been involved in R3cked campaigns. calling anything not core an altcoin and telling anyone not core to F**k off. (you choose if ** = 'or' or 'uc')

surprisingly when maxwell has had to buy pool managers with free all inclusive weekend social events, and done a lot of face slapping towards anything not core. maxwell still has not got what he wants. yet you seem to not be considering maxwell a viable drama queen

the only reason slush and BTCC are behind core is because the ownership stake in them pools has ties to blockstream (the guy that owns coindesk has ownership stake in blockstream and btcc and many other businesses)

.. again biased poll = biased results.

chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 12:56:51 PM

to remind you greg maxwell has been a queen too. and while hearn is working on hyperledger, so is maxwell, infact so is gavin.
but (im guessing your thinking) shhh we must not talk about the bankers blockchain, pretend it doesnt exist untill the trojan horse is built

though ver has created some drama. the funny part is your understating cores side and overstating their professionalism.. they are a dozen paid devs with 90+ unpaid intern spellcheckers hoping to get a job within blockstream one day.

greg maxwell has been most vocal. he has been involved in R3cked campaigns. calling anything not core an altcoin and telling anyone not core to F**k off. (you choose if ** = 'or' or 'uc')

surprisingly when maxwell has had to buy pool managers with free all inclusive weekend social events, and done a lot of face slapping towards anything not core. maxwell still has not got what he wants. yet you seem to not be considering maxwell a viable drama queen

the only reason slush and BTCC are behind core is because the ownership stake in them pools has ties to blockstream (the guy that owns coindesk has ownership stake in blockstream and btcc and many other businesses)

if you are more famous for sure i will have add you to this list. Even now even when all of this guys epic failed for their fud you continue to whining lol Cheesy

Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:01:23 PM

if you are more famous for sure i will have add you to this list. Even now even when all of this guys epic failed for their fud you continue to whining lol Cheesy

AHHA moment, it was something less well to respond. Because everyone certainly will assume that they are the most famous people in it. So, I recently I heard the name and also a poll like this so I haven't been able to determine who the winner or the most privileged people in the poll. However I will try to make a knowledge of all the things you list and can you help me to know all the names listed.?
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:04:34 PM

All of them had a dramatic stories to Tuckle with and they should all have a place in these said vote but only one should have the majority of votes and my vote goes with Roger Ver first he got his own website that has his Bois, portfolio and information all about bitcoins, and have been promoting bitcoin since 2011, had his company the Memorydealers that became the first mainstream company to start accepting bitcoin as payment, I think he done a lot to get the dramatic award on bitcoin these 2016, well if these award have a positive side on him I am guessing not!
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:09:36 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 01:22:52 PM by franky1

awww isnt that cute. defending maxwell by not considering him a queen, and not even suggesting to add him to the list.
as for me. lol you have no idea what fud is.
even when stats, info, examples and real facts are shown you will probably stick your head in the sand with the only defense you can find. call it fud.
may you research the word cognitive dissonance and realise that when you have no valid ammo to throw back at a debate compared to the opposition, you are victim of cognitive dissonance.

what if i told you that hearn(r3) and gavin(bloq) and maxwell(blockstream) were all on the same side behind closed doors and all the drama was distraction to hide blockstreams involvement while the devs and bankers delay bitcoin, to then grow hyperledger.
check out R3, bloq, blockstream all listed here: https://www.hyperledger.org/about/members

as for the drama
much like the kardashians. or other fake youtube wannabe famous 'couples'. publicly pretending to fight, but privately working together to bait a narative to give them fame..
im still surprised you have not seen the bigger picture yet to see your protection of maxwell is misdirected.

one day you will be the one that realises you lost when your god shows his true self.

anyway lets ask you the real question.
why not add maxwell to the list. after all if there is no risk of him being deemed a queen there is no harm in adding him.. or do you fear the Diva style drama he will cause if you added him.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:22:56 PM

I have voted for Craig Wright the drama he have made during early month this year was quite popular over media around the world. He claimed being real satoshi and make excuses to get away after he failed. He is just a attention seeker..... Grin
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:54:58 PM

It's not that easy to decide. First Andresen and Wright together made great progress towards the title, but then Mike Hearn delivered a truly epic ragequit. That seems to have been perceived as a challenge by Roger Ver, who is now excelling as a FUDster and psychotic obstructionist even paying pools and shills to secure the title. As always, competition is fierce among altcoiners... Cheesy

But if you ask me, Ver is now clearly leading the field. But you should consider awarding a silver medal to franky1, who is really excelling in continually spreading the word of his master.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:17:49 PM

Guys like Mike Hearn & CW is just a flash in the pan, but Roger Ver seem to pop up regularly with some or other "drama" ...so I would give it

to him hands down. He has a strong following, shilling for him... So I guess it's not the last song of the Queen. He went from Bitcoin Jesus to

Bitcoin Judas in one year.  Angry

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 05:49:42 PM

In my opinion, it undoubtedly goes to Mike Hearn for all the fun things we had happen when he had his hissy fit on his blog, but that's just because that was the only situation I actually paid attention to and there are potentially a ton of other reasons why he wasn't the drama queen for the current year.
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9547

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 06:00:20 PM

Mike 'bitcoin is finished' Hearn......easily

.BITCASINO.. 
#1 VIP CRYPTO CASINO

▄██████████████▄
█▄████████████▄▀▄▄▄
█████████████████▄▄▄
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████▀█████████████▄▄██████████
██████▀██████████████████████
████████████████▀██████▌████
███████████████▀▀▄█▄▀▀█████▀
███████████████████▀▀█████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████
          ▀▀▀████████
                ▀▀▀███

......PLAY......
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 06:23:29 PM

Craig Wright. The guy pussyfooted around saying that he was Satoshi yet was never able to prove it for real, and then copped out and tried to disappear from the public eye while being cryptic as all hell about it. The dude was shady and not even convincing for the most part, but he only barely beats Mike Hearn in terms of impact on Bitcoin, in my opinion.
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:29:36 PM

5 more days, 122 votes until now and Roger Ver lead the first place with 51% Second is Mike Hearn with 23% and very close in third place Craig Wright(Wrightamoto) with 19%. Can Mike recover in the next days?
This is the Christmas question guys..  Grin

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:41:20 PM

biased poll biased results

you might aswell make a poll that only includes gold and silver
and then ask a question what is the best investment ever. to later come to a biased conclusion that the population doesnt see bitcoin as a good investment.

all because you dont include the options.
typical core/blockstream tactic. dont give an option and then pretend because no one is using it that its not needed/wanted

chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 07:28:59 PM

Two more days left for the ending of poll. Vote here  Grin

https://twitter.com/spiroseliot/status/811351771998130176

chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:36:58 AM

And Bitcoin Drama Queen of 2016 is.....

Roger Ver

gz! i think you deserve this  Grin

The final results in this poll was

52%Roger Ver
22%Mike Hearn
06%Gavin Andresen
20%Craig Wright

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3106

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:07:08 PM

I would like to nominate bitcointalk.org in its entirety as 2016 Drama Queen.  If there's a mountain to be made out of even the tiniest of molehills, you'll find it happening here.  Every boogeyman in existence is lurking around every corner.  Anyone who ever disagrees is ragequitting without exception.  There are no grey areas, only polarised camps who hate each other and hurl insults around.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds on bitcointalk.org discuss people who are apparently plotting something sinister at all times.  Even when they aren't.

You all suck.

Happy new year.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:10:51 PM

I would like to nominate bitcointalk.org in its entirety as 2016 Drama Queen.  If there's a mountain to be made out of even the tiniest of molehills, you'll find it happening here.  Every boogeyman in existence is lurking around every corner.  Anyone who ever disagrees is ragequitting without exception.  There are no grey areas, only polarised camps who hate each other and hurl insults around.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds on bitcointalk.org discuss people who are apparently plotting something sinister at all times.  Even when they aren't.

You all suck.

Happy new year.

yeah. ok... As a reminder to you and to all of your kind is that your FUD against bitcoin in 2016 has FAILED!. get over with it and and leave bitcoin. No one need you.

DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:25:35 PM

You all suck.

Happy new year.

yeah. ok... As a reminder to you and to all of your kind is that your FUD against bitcoin in 2016 has FAILED!. get over with it and and leave bitcoin. No one need you.

Way to miss the point entirely. 

Bitcoin doesn't care about your silly little witch hunts.  It doesn't care which personalities you're incessantly impugning.  It doesn't care who is or isn't supposedly plotting a takeover.

It.  Doesn't.  Care.

Approximately every 10 minutes, it will continue to churn out another block.  This adorable little sideshow is irrelevant.  Ergo, you are the drama queens for attempting to dramatise something which is actually quite simple and straightforward.  All of your intrigue and mystery about devious plots and deceptions amounts to about as much excitement as daytime television.  You're the equivalent of a dreary little soap opera and you don't even realise it.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
chek2fire (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:35:38 PM

I would like to nominate bitcointalk.org in its entirety as 2016 Drama Queen.  If there's a mountain to be made out of even the tiniest of molehills, you'll find it happening here.  Every boogeyman in existence is lurking around every corner.  Anyone who ever disagrees is ragequitting without exception.  There are no grey areas, only polarised camps who hate each other and hurl insults around.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds on bitcointalk.org discuss people who are apparently plotting something sinister at all times.  Even when they aren't.

You all suck.

Happy new year.

Way to miss the point entirely.  

Bitcoin doesn't care about your silly little witch hunts.  It doesn't care which personalities you're incessantly impugning.  It doesn't care who is or isn't supposedly plotting a takeover.

It.  Doesn't.  Care.

Approximately every 10 minutes, it will continue to churn out another block.  This adorable little sideshow is irrelevant.  Ergo, you are the drama queens for attempting to dramatise something which is actually quite simple and straightforward.  All of your intrigue and mystery about devious plots and deceptions amounts to about as much excitement as daytime television.  You're the equivalent of a dreary little soap opera and you don't even realise it.

and if it 'doesn't" care why you and your ridiculous BU group fud every day against specific persons and startups in bitcoin ecosystem? Just to ask and i wait an answer....

DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:49:00 PM

and if it 'doesn't" care why you and your ridiculous BU group fud every day against specific persons and startups in bitcoin ecosystem? Just to ask and i wait an answer....

I'm not part of BU's group.  Prior to this thread you'll see me quite happily defending gmaxwell and Core against similar foolishness to that being displayed in this thread.  I'm simply calling out the general overwhelming sense that discussion on these boards has devolved into a loathsome cesspit because hardly anyone has anything worth saying anymore.  It's the same old tired slanging match.  Pick a target and let the abuse fly.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a pinned thread at the top of this board which clearly states Low quality topics do not belong here.

Low value topics that do not encourage constructive discussion do not belong in Bitcoin Discussion. Threads not directly about news or developments within the Bitcoin ecosystem (...) all now belong in Off Topic

Please enlighten me as to which part of this discussion is even remotely constructive.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 12:04:02 AM

You should have made this a poll OP.
If i get to vote it would go to Craig Wright.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 12:04:52 AM

And Bitcoin Drama Queen of 2016 is.....

Roger Ver

gz! i think you deserve this  Grin

The final results in this poll was

52%Roger Ver
22%Mike Hearn
06%Gavin Andresen
20%Craig Wright

Roger Ver is on the top. Finally his efforts got rewarded. He sure will be proud of this and continue his outstanding work with UnlimitedCoin. Cheesy

Even Mike Hearn performed quite well, while Andresen came in a bit bleak. He should have used his chance to bask in a bit more glory from the Craig "Satoshi" Wright press stunt.

Would have been great if this had been some kind of bet.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████