Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: small utility for update Claymore's ZEC miner Easy auto updater  (Read 1738 times)
MiningCave Inc (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 03:25:26 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 11:32:08 PM by MiningCave Inc

Hi,
For ease of updating Claymore's ZEC miner, We thought to offer you this small utility to update the version of claymore ZEC miner.

Download the "Claymore's ZEC Easy auto updater" at this link : https://miningcave.com/miner-download/

Step #1
- Copy the "ZEC-UPDATE.exe" file in your ZEC Claymore's miner folder

step #2
- double click on the "ZEC-UPDATE.exe"

Step #3
- once the update is done, start back your mining and you are now in the newest verison of zec miner

2017-01-01

We did the .exe to make the task easier and only to help, but if you prefer, here is the batch used. if you feel unsafe using our download source, you will be able to make your OWN updater by referring to our process
And use your own source of download.

In this process you will be able to update your miner directly with claymore's remote manager

STEP #1 : Make a file called "reboot.bat" and paste the following text inside :

taskkill /f /im ZecMiner64.exe
ftp -i -s:ftp.txt -n
TIMEOUT /T 5
start start.bat
exit

STEP #2 : Then copy the "reboot.bat" file into your Claymore's ZEC Miner directory

STEP #3 : Make a file called "ftp.txt" and paste the following text inside ( You can use your own download source )

open home582023020.1and1-data.host
user u81393888-zec easymine
binary
mget *
quit

STEP¨#4 : Then copy the "ftp.txt" file into your Claymore's ZEC Miner directory

Now you can use the function (Execute Reboot.bat) in the Claymore's remote manager utility.
So You can also simply run reboot.bat to run the update.

*Note that the batch starts the start.bat file in your directory to restart the mining after the update*

We hope that some of you will apreciate
Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bounor111

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:32:22 AM

Tell me if the utility installs version 9.2

Thank you
jmpFCE2

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:41:16 AM

Hi,
For ease of updating Claymore's ZEC miner, We thought to offer you this small utility to update the version of claymore ZEC miner.

Download the "Claymore's ZEC Easy auto updater" at this link : https://miningcave.com/miner-download/

Step #1

step #2

Step #3
- once the update is done, start back your mining and you are now in the newest verison of zec miner

We will be back soon with the ETH Claymore's and the Cryptonight Claymore's updater.

doesnt smell fishy at all
MiningCave Inc (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 03:42:25 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2016, 05:23:14 AM by MiningCave Inc

Tell me if the utility installs version 9.2

Thank you
yes, it will install automatly the lastest update of claymore's ZEC miner, right now it is the V9.2
MiningCave Inc (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2016, 05:18:35 AM

everyone who use claymore's zec miner know it is a pain and it take alot of time to update all your worker, we are only trying to help
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:07:00 PM

everyone who use claymore's zec miner know it is a pain and it take alot of time to update all your worker, we are only trying to help
Umm well not really. It's just copy pasting some files. I would't trust anyone with random .exe files in my miner. Since you do not charge your software, why not release code publicly on GitHub so we can check that it does what you really claim it does.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:23:18 PM

What's pain about that?
Download new miner, copy and run bat files, done.

This is my signature...
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:28:37 PM

What's pain about that?
in this case he is right, try to update 94 rigs that simple..
But still this can't be trusted unless some more info would be published
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:32:53 PM

What's pain about that?

If you have 94 rigs, would you risk thousands of dollars for ANY guy who posted something that updates miners for you ? I mean It's better to spend few hours just copy/pasting files than risking your profits in order to make your life easier.
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:36:48 PM

What's pain about that?

If you have 94 rigs, would you risk thousands of dollars for ANY guy who posted something that updates miners for you ? I mean It's better to spend few hours just copy/pasting files than risking your profits in order to make your life easier.
totally agree, I spend 3+ hrs whenever Claymore does his magic and releases new versions, it's worth the effort. Unless I have a software written by trusted vendor and bought by legit amount of $$ I will update them one by one, slowly..
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 10:40:45 PM

Hi,

Step #1

step #2

Step #3

We will be back soon with the ETH Claymore's and the Cryptonight Claymore's updater.

UnclWish

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:23:17 AM

Used this tool. Really updates 9.1 to 9.2. Cheked CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 of all files. It all identical to original Claymore 9.2 miner.
Thanks, I will use it.
mettalmag
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:25:09 AM

Used this tool. Really updates 9.1 to 9.2. Cheked CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 of all files. It all identical to original Claymore 9.2 miner.
Thanks, I will use it.
I assume that you are the author with Brand New alter ..
UnclWish

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:03:30 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 02:27:36 AM by UnclWish

Thanks, I will use it.
I registered some time ago and i am not an author. My AV didn't find any viruses or any danger in util. English is not my language. I using miners, reading themes but it's difficult to me to wrote right.
On this theme all paranoidically writes that utility is fake. Thats why i decided to check it and wrote.
Believe me or author or not - it's your bussines. But why all of you just didn't try and check?
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 12:32:56 PM

Thanks, I will use it.
I registered some time ago and i am not an author. My AV didn't find any viruses or any danger in util. English is not my language. I using miners, reading themes but it's difficult to me to wrote right.
On this theme all paranoidically writes that utility is fake. Thats why i decided to check it and wrote.
Believe me or author or not - it's your bussines. But why all of you just didn't try and check?
There are ALWAYS malware your antivirus doesn't detect. It is very stupid just to blindly trust your av. I would never open these random .exe files without sources from unknown devs.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:55:27 PM

What's pain about that?

Tbh if you have 90+ mining rigs, you have probably enough scripting/developing skills to make update easily through all your rigs, or monitoring, and such Smiley
UnclWish

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:21:03 PM

Thanks, I will use it.
There are ALWAYS malware your antivirus doesn't detect. It is very stupid just to blindly trust your av. I would never open these random .exe files without sources from unknown devs.
My AV even on Claymore miner reacts and blockes them as malware/spyware etc. And not only Claymore miner. Any miner AV blocks.
That utility from there only downloads Claymore Zminer files from unknown server and replace in current directory. Thats all that it do. Files is identical to original Claymore miner.
MiningCave Inc (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 04:12:32 PM

Hello everyone,
this post was done for the only purpose of demonstrating an easy way to improve your mining farm and only to help. We understand your insecurity for viruses or other, so we will make new post with a tutorial on How to make this small updater yourself with your own files.
thank you and Happy New Year
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:52:22 PM

stop posting crap on the forum, we do not need to update a file. exe
with a backdor
MiningCave Inc (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 07:17:51 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2017, 11:30:47 PM by MiningCave Inc

2017-01-01

We did the .exe to make the task easier and only to help, but if you prefer, here is the batch used. if you feel unsafe using our download source, you will be able to make your OWN updater by referring to our process
And use your own source of download.

In this process you will be able to update your miner directly with claymore's remote manager

TIMEOUT /T 5
start start.bat
exit

STEP #2 : Then copy the "reboot.bat" file into your Claymore's ZEC Miner directory

STEP #3 : Make a file called "ftp.txt" and paste the following text inside ( You can use your own download source )

binary
mget *
quit

Now you can use the function (Execute Reboot.bat) in the Claymore's remote manager utility.

*Note that the batch starts the start.bat file in your directory to restart the mining after the update*

Thank you
bounor111

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:20:55 PM

Thanks for the information I tested and it works well. I made the update of my 6 rig in less than a minute.
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 08:58:27 PM

2017-01-01

We did the .exe to make the task easier and only to help, but if you prefer, here is the batch used. So those who believe it is a scam, will be able to make their OWN updater by referring to our process.

TIMEOUT /T 5
start start.bat
exit

STEP #3 : Make a file called "ftp.txt" and paste the following text inside :

binary
mget *
quit

Thank you

That procedure does not change the insecurity off the process you are describing.
You are downloading an exe from your server and you run it on the miner, so you are running arbitrary code on user machines.

I'm not saying that you want to damage someone, but i wouldn't trust someone with a so little gain.
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 11:27:55 PM

OR just create your personal git repo with the claymore files and let each rig get the latest version via "git pull" executed by a script every n minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: