Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:33:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC|TRC|BTE|BQC|LTC|FC|CRC] RBCex: Exchange Bytecoin, BBQcoin, Feathercoin  (Read 8910 times)
Walter Rothbard (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 07:37:52 PM

How's that for now?  I think I'm going to sit down tomorrow and resize all of the above.  For now, you guys get the biggest logo. Smiley

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 01:07:22 PM

Traded: 10 TRC <=> 5 LTC

Alarion

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:31:30 PM

any interest in making this an actual web app instead of google doc?
Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 01:37:57 PM

any interest in making this an actual web app instead of google doc?

Yes, I intend to, but I don't want to make any announcements until I actually have some real progress to report.  At this stage really all I have is API design.

When I say I want to be your trusted intermediary for altcoins, I mean it, and having a good API and website is where I want to take this. Smiley

RBCex is the first exchange that takes BQC, which is kind of fun to brag about, but it'll mean a lot more when RBCex is a lot less manual!

For now, every trade helps me gather data that I'll be using when I build the API and website. Smiley

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 06:18:13 PM

Rainbow Balance Currency Exchange report
volume 1, issue 1

RBCex has finished its first complete week of operation. Here's an overview of how things look:

LTC/BTE
Volume: 5 LTC
Last: 0.5 LTC/BTE

LTC/TRC
Volume: 5 LTC
Last: 0.5 LTC/TRC

Total coin up for sale on the order book:
TRC: 10.0
BTE: 10.0
BQC: 2000
BTC: 0.13
I'm not sure aggregating this way gives a good picture, since it doesn't show what coin each coin is chasing, but it gives some idea, at least.  I completed an audit of my records for deposits sent to me and found one unrecorded deposit, which I corrected, to verify that every order on the books is funded.

I try to stay in the RBCex order book as much as possible to see people come in.  I've had a couple of good chats with some of you. Smiley  Each weekday seems to see about 50-100 people look into the order book.

Privately I've been doing a lot of looking into automating this exchange.  It is my plan to eventually move from a manual process and Google Docs to a fully automated exchange.  For now I am concentrating on the API.  I'm afraid I have nothing to release at this time, but I wanted to state that this is my plan.

Right now I think a lot of the interest I have received is centered around BBQcoin.  It's clear that a lot of people would like to have an exchange to trade on, even though at this point a manually-operated spreadsheet is not considered a "real" exchange by most.  I'm betting that there would probably be a lot of interest for some of the other newer coins out there (Mincoin, Feathercoin), and I'd like to support those as well, but so far most of my spare time has been going into prototyping an API.

In the meantime, I'd like to continue to extend my invitation to the altcoin community to come trade at RBCex.  There are no fees, your orders are anonymous (I won't publish your identity), you'll get a unique, unused deposit address each time you send funds, and every order on the order book is fully funded with money that has been sent to me and will go to you if you place a matching order.  I am learning a lot from operating RBCex, and having a blast doing it! Smiley

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 07:03:30 AM

RBCex is now supporting Feathercoin.  Come trade your Feathercoins for BTC, or LTC, or BTE, or TRC, or BQC.

RBCex: now supporting 15 currency pairings for trading! Smiley

ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:02:40 AM

Please add freicoin

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 09:39:43 PM

Traded: 0.08 BTC <=> 2000 BQC

pentix

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 11:05:42 AM

confirming this trade.  thanks for the exchange.  great job.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:14:32 PM

Will Mincoin be added down the track?
Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:27:09 PM

confirming this trade.  thanks for the exchange.  great job.

Thank you for your business!

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:29:08 PM

Mincoin is one of the coins I hope to add.  I hate to announce plans, because the Bitcoin world is so full of announced plans that never made it. Smiley

Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:35:06 PM

Mincoin is one of the coins I hope to add.  I hate to announce plans, because the Bitcoin world is so full of announced plans that never made it. Smiley

Fair enough. Thanks for the prompt response! Smiley
Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 01:43:58 PM

In response to some questions I've received by PM:

Feathercoin

Yes, RBCex will post Feathercoin trades.  There hasn't been a tab because I haven't received any orders.  I'll take FC trades against BTC, LTC, BTE, or any other currency RBCex has.  If you don't see the currency pair you are looking for, by all means, ask!  Currently supported currencies are:

BTC, BTE, LTC, TRC, BBQ, FC

I hope to add more in the future, but as I said, I don't want to make announcements or commit to dates. Smiley  I have two other cryptocurrencies in my sights, and don't plan to stop there.

Transaction fees

Withdrawal

For now I'm paying whatever transaction fees it takes to get your money to you after a trade.

Deposit

I'll let you cover transaction fees to get money to me for trade.  If you send me an amount by PM, then realize that some of that is going to be lost due to transaction fees, that's fine; we can just adjust your order accordingly once it is funded.

Big thank yous to everyone in the Bitcoin/cryptocoin/altcoin community who has traded with RBCex, or even just stopped in to chat or look around!  I am really enjoying doing this!

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 08:38:16 PM

RBCex is officially supporting Crazy Rabbit Coin (CRC), as of now.  You can place CRC buy orders immediately, in any other supported currency (BTC, LTC, BTE, TRC, BBQ, FC).  Sell orders will be available as soon as anybody has any CRC to send.

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 11:22:32 PM

Traded: 5.0 TRC <=> 10.0 BTE

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

Rainbow Balance Currency Exchange report
volume 1, issue 2

Overview after two weeks of operation:
BTC/BBQ
Volume: 0.08 BTC
Last: 0.00004 BTC/BBQ

TRC/BTE
Volume: 5.0 TRC
Last: 0.5 TRC/BTE

LTC/BTE
Last: 0.5 LTC/BTE

LTC/TRC
Last: 0.5 LTC/TRC

Total quantity supplied:
10.0 BTE
0.05 BTC
26000 BBQ
5.0 TRC

Total quantity demanded:
10.0 TRC
10000 CRC
6.9 BTC
40 LTC

Several BBQcoin trades went up this week.  I've been asked about Feathercoin and support it, but no orders have been placed.  Going off of Crazy Rabbit's proposal, I'm now accepting buy and sell orders for Testnet Bitcoins (CRC).  Let's see what happens on that front. Smiley

Hundreds of people are coming into the order book each day judging by the "anonymous user" count offered by Google.  There are usually about 4-7 people looking at any given time. Smiley  I've had a couple of chats, and also frequently tab over to discover that I've just missed someone.

In talking with people by PM it's clear that one distinction of RBCex isn't clear to everybody: RBCex is not just a spreadsheet where people's offers are posted and then you contact each other and exchange.  The supplied amounts for each order are sent to me when the order is placed, so you know that the money is there and available.  The only "send first" risk you take is with me, and I'm hoping to build a track record as a trusted intermediary.  You won't have to worry about some random new user with no reputation giving you a fake offer.

Keep your orders coming - I enjoy offering this service!

Walter Rothbard (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

Traded: 1000.0 BBQ <=> 0.30 BTC

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: