Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:58:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition To Request Mtgox Not Add Altcoins  (Read 4190 times)
amlorusso

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:20:56 AM

A petition? Did MtGox turn into a Monarchy, Government agency, or politician while I wasn't looking?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:25:38 AM

Signed.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:34:34 AM

I'm sure Mtgox is doing their best, but they seem to be a bit over their head right now given Bitcoin's explosion and the resulting hacks,DDoS, lags, confirmation queues that they have had to deal with. As if all that wasn't enough, and they didn't provide enough systematic risk to Bitcoin's ultimate fate, they now want to add some altcoins to the exchange.

What we need at this point is some stability and order, and Mtgox for some reason is about unleash some more chaos into the system through a bunch of untested, unrecognized, and highly fringe altcoins that most without a stake in the matter believe to be non-beneficial to the general acceptance of cryptocurrencies at this point.

Maybe if enough of us voice our displeasure at this poorly timed decision by Gox, they might perhaps delay introducing altcoins to a time when the system, infrastructure, and general acceptability of cyrptocurrencies is more in order.

Write 'signed' if you agree that now is not the best time for Mtgox to introduce such a feature.

Signed.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:51:40 AM

I have always wanted namecoin support  - are they proposing to support namecoins or maybe they already are working on it?

Yes they are: https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/NMCUSD/money/ticker

I too like namecoin, because it's not an attempt to be a near duplicate of bitcoin, and has a lot of innovation, but I'm not sure if now is the best time to add namecoin support for the reasons OP mentioned.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:55:53 AM

Mt Gox can't even handle the traffic for ONE currency.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:58:32 AM

You people are quite pathetic. I don't want to convert my btc or ltc to usd now with capital gains looming.  LTC is perfect to trade back and forth with.  The fact you are signing shows just how afraid you are of a true free market.  Only one word for it. Pathetic.

Hell no. I am disgusted with quite a few of you that have signed.

I don't agree.

They absolutely need to get their shit together first, but I'd like to see them get Litecoin going by the summer.  They're going to be overtaken by some other company quite quickly if they don't.  The market has a demand for multiple coins.

I don't agree.

They absolutely need to get their shit together first, but I'd like to see them get Litecoin going by the summer.  They're going to be overtaken by some other company quite quickly if they don't.  The market has a demand for multiple coins.

+1. Without litecoins, they are forcing me to go back to fiat if I want to get out of the bitcoin game for a little bit while things cool off. On BTC-e, I can swap into litecoins, wait, then get back into bitcoins when i'm ready. That's only one of the benefits of having altcoins, it needs to happen on Gox.

sounds like a desperate attempt to cling onto a monopoly founded in fear of a technologically advanced crypto-currency.

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

how about a petition for mt gox to put some of their millions into advanced ddos protection

I don't agree.

+1. Without litecoins, they are forcing me to go back to fiat if I want to get out of the bitcoin game for a little bit while things cool off. On BTC-e, I can swap into litecoins, wait, then get back into bitcoins when i'm ready. That's only one of the benefits of having altcoins, it needs to happen on Gox.
+1. Litecoin is pretty much the only reasonably fast way to move money between exchances and services, and the only possible hedge that doesn't involve fiat. We need that asap in MtGox, but on a dedicated server please!

Totally and utterly disagree! Smiley

Remember that idea of the free market, free enterprise, de-centralized currency?

Bitcoin is not MTGox!

Simple rule of the free market, if you don't like it, buy something else!

I use BTC-e!

HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:18:06 AM

LTC is Silver.

BTC is Gold.

I want both, and trade with both.

Let them offer EVERY currency, and become biggest online exchange in e-currency.

amincd

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:22:43 AM

You people are quite pathetic. I don't want to convert my btc or ltc to usd now with capital gains looming.  LTC is perfect to trade back and forth with.  The fact you are signing shows just how afraid you are of a true free market.  Only one word for it. Pathetic.

Hyper inflation would make bitcoin-based cryptocurrency useless,  and adopting any new blockchain with minor modifications would be the same as hyper inflation.

Just because you're making a lot of money speculating in hypecoins doesn't mean others have to like it, and signing a petition to ask a company to not support duplicates of bitcoin is not against a free market since we're not asking for any laws against it.
log2exp

Activity: 175
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:21:35 AM

Signed. Better just focus on BTC and get the ecosystem stable.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

But I'd stop there, the rest need a year or two to prove there stable and that people actually want them.

You realise that if those were the criteria there'd be no Bitcoin exchanges, either - Bitcoin itself is far from stable.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 04:38:07 AM

actually, adding LTC will mitigate the chaos by not making BTC price grow too fast reaching big crash

amincd

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:18:09 AM

^ By diverting investor dollars into a virtual clone of bitcoin, which is another way of saying inflation. Bitcoin was supposed to have a limited coin supply. This is the same thing as adding more coins.

It'll work for now, and make people who mine the easy to print coins and then hype them a lot of money, but in the long run, an endless number of blockchains being promoted as partners to bitcoin could discredit the scarcity of bitcoin-based cryptocurrency, and with it, its appeal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: