Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:20:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email for recovering account  (Read 406 times)
Wapinter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 10:44:45 AM

I was reading this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and found they ways to recover lost or hacked account.
Just want to ask/suggest why can't we use our linked email addresse to recover our lost or hacked account besides methods mentioned in aforementioned thread?
Account recovery through email is a widely preferred practice throughout internet, why can't we implement it here also?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xanidas

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 10:57:47 AM

I was reading this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0 and found they ways to recover lost or hacked account.
Just want to ask/suggest why can't we use our linked email addresse to recover our lost or hacked account besides methods mentioned in aforementioned thread?
Account recovery through email is a widely preferred practice throughout internet, why can't we implement it here also?

if your email is still linked in the "account" you will basically use the forgot password option first so you won't go to the longer process of recovering an account. and for the hacked accounts case, 99.99% of hackers will change the email and password in the profile of the account so the original user won't be able to recover it thru forgot password that is why a signed message from old staked address is needed

NEUROMATION

▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
    █▄     
    ███▄   
    ██▀██▄ 
█▄   ▀  ▀██▄
███▄      ██
██▀██▄    ██
██  ▀██▄  ██
██    ▀██▄██
██▄     ▀███
 ▀██▄  ▄  ▀█
   ▀██▄██   
     ▀███   
       ▀█   
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
....Distributed Synthetic Data Platform for Deep Learning Applications....
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Reddit YouTube Medium
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 11:22:37 AM

I guess this may be an option in the new forum.

if your email is still linked in the "account" you will basically use the forgot password option first so you won't go to the longer process of recovering an account.
Not the wisest suggestion (unless something has changed): PSA: ACCOUNTS WILL BE LOCKED IF THE SECRET QUESTION IS USED TO RECOVER IT.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 11:31:17 AM

I guess this may be an option in the new forum.

if your email is still linked in the "account" you will basically use the forgot password option first so you won't go to the longer process of recovering an account.
Not the wisest suggestion (unless something has changed): PSA: ACCOUNTS WILL BE LOCKED IF THE SECRET QUESTION IS USED TO RECOVER IT.
Change in password and email address should follow the confirmation email sent to address used during sign up.
But many users use fake non existing email during sign up so first we have to make sign up confirmation also

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2016, 04:33:49 PM

Change in password and email address should follow the confirmation email sent to address used during sign up.
But many users use fake non existing email during sign up so first we have to make sign up confirmation also
You don't have to describe the standard way of how this could/should be working. It is what it is right now, and I doubt that we are going to see changes before the switch to the new forum. I don't see the current method being a problem as long as there is at least 1 active admin that can respond to those requests in a reasonable amount of time.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: