Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:53:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox: Trade with confidence  (Read 2339 times)
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:04:35 PM

This is a picture of the entire bitcoin economy right now.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:21:08 PM

Half full or half...

this is gooood news. Don't forget: bitcoin is there for the very long run, beyond our retirement age, and beyond. Those who own a lot of bitcoin should invest now so to consolidate and make all those weak spots stronger, or totally irrelevant from DDoS. If they chose not too then we know another DDoS will happen at ~ $266, $366, $466, $566, $666, over and over again... This is working so well for their war (it is a war: multiple vector attacks to make a lot of money)
ThorinIceland

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:27:49 PM

ddos is no easy beast to slay.
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:33:49 PM

Someone was saying that it was all down to the failings of GOX that we were having this crash today. I always thought it was just another DDoS attack. And we're recovering already! Go MAGIC go!!  Undecided Grin Grin

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Doryx

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

I think the DDoS "attack" is everyone logging on and selling their bitcoins...
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:48:13 PM

don't be silly.   and bitcointalk etc all goes down at the same time too?   These are money making opportunities.

TheDarKnight

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:48:27 PM

Or it could be a real DDoS attack, you know  Cheesy

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
TheDarKnight

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:49:29 PM

don't be silly.   and bitcointalk etc all goes down at the same time too?   These are money making opportunities.

Well exactly, and common sense just never entered into his thoughts.. Huh

Ziftrcoin tips please!
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:54:08 PM

160$ now ... Huh
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:56:48 PM

160$ now ... Huh
Personally, I do not care as until we are over $1000 nothing will trade for me.   BUT, if I was going to trade this and had an account open, I would buy BTC on each push down.   Then you can flip it in a few days.   This is a large world and it will spike back up.

ydenys

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:27:44 PM

Well, someone is clearly profiting from all those of new ‘investors’. Surely Tux knows who. Surely it can be stopped, but why if it brings such huge trade volume and nice revenue. Same as why give Bitcoinica’s/Zhou’s funds to liquidators if they just sit and appreciate nicely, and only their past near-worthless dollar equivalent is really what’s ‘required’ by law.

I say, we have our own trading ‘elite’ right here. Those ‘scoopers’ with timed walls/bots who are privy to the magical ‘666’ ddos crap, etc. and they would never be disclosed or have their accounts suspended by Gox. Full stop.

The only way is to educate the market…  Cool
TheDarKnight

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:35:24 PM

DDoS attacks are still going on. Wait until MAGIC sorts it all out; in the meantime I am enjoying this price volatility - it is very good for business!  Shocked

Ziftrcoin tips please!
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:20:15 AM

Mt Gox says it's not DDOS, they just haven't scaled & can't handle the pace.

https://twitter.com/MtGox/status/322159301093371904

TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:55:12 AM

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox

Hi everyone, just a quick update on the situation and what happened last night.

First of all we would like to reassure you but no we were not last night victim of a DDoS but instead victim of our own success!

Indeed the rather astonishing amount of new account opened in the last few days added to the existing one plus the number of trade made a huge impact on the overall system that started to lag. As expected in such situation people started to panic, started to sell Bitcoin in mass (Panic Sale) resulting in an increase of trade that ultimately froze the trade engine!

To give you an idea of how impressive things were here are some numbers that we would love to share with you guys:
- The number of trades executed triple in the last 24hrs.
- The number of new account opened went from 60k for March alone to 75k new account created for the first few days of April! We now have roughly 20,000 new accounts created each day.

Due to these facts we have been busy working on improving things since last week and our team has been working around the clock to improve Mt.Gox to catch up with the demand. We will continue to release several updates today and in the coming few days to improve our system overall performance.

Also please note that we may have to close the exchange for two hours in the next 12 to 24hrs to add several new servers to our system.

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support!

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:58:41 AM

gawd they suck

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:42:14 PM

And we're recovering already! Go MAGIC go!!  Undecided Grin Grin

Wait until MAGIC sorts it all out; in the meantime I am enjoying this price volatility - it is very good for business!  Shocked

Still cheering for MAGIC and enjoying your price volatility?

alexh

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:56:24 PM

Mt Gox says it's not DDOS, they just haven't scaled & can't handle the pace.

Didn't they post something about ddos and network problems on their facebook?
dutt

Activity: 135

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 05:58:29 PM

Crash was because there was a bubble. Lag or no lag the crash was gonna happen. MtGox or not, it's is gonna happen. They are just making sure to piss off every single one of their customers in the process.

TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:03:00 AM

Max Kieser Radio: Mt.Gox "Not fit for purpose".

(Possible bias warning - Max is setting up his own exchange in direct competition with Gox).

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/3199

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:09:46 AM

This is a picture of the entire bitcoin economy right now.

Is that a russian millitary facility ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: