Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:16:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The forum.bitcoin.com 4btc giveaway has started!  (Read 2722 times)
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 11:22:29 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 10:47:08 PM by bitkilo

The team goal we have at Bitcoin.com is to do everything we can to make Bitcoin.com the number 1 go to place for all things bitcoin and a bitcoin site would just not be complete without a forum so just over a year ago now Roger Ver did just that and added forum.bitcoin.com to give all bitcoiners a place for censorship free speech.

To also help bring a little awareness to the forum Roger also announced that he would reward a top prize of $1000 or 4btc (whatever is greater) to the user who makes the most appreciated post on the forum.
Since the first announcement was made we have had almost 10k user sign up and have had another 2 prizes donated to the pool so there will be first, second and third place prizes.

1st Prize: 4 Bitcoins Directly sent to the bitcoin address of your choice!
2nd Prize: A Trezor hardware wallet that has been generous been donated by Satoshi Labs.
3rd Prize: The winner can choose between a Bit-X White edition, worth $99.95 or If they'd rather not have to supply ID they can choose to claim a free Anonymous card, worth $34.95.

The way the competition will work is when we have a list of links to the 50 best threads or posts on this forum we will start a public vote were our members will be able to vote on the posts or threads they think deserve to win this competition, once our members have voted the list down to the final 10 then bitcoin.com staff members will vote for the winners (the moderators vote will be public)
Moderators and admins will be on the lookout for false votes and alt accounts during the competition

The rules for this competition are quite simple, we just need users to submit a link to the thread or posts that they think has helped the community the most or maybe bought awareness to a situation that would have otherwise gone unnoticed, AMA's are welcome to be added to this list.

Members can post up to 5 of their favorite forum threads below and are more than welcome to submit their own threads for the vote.
Unfortunately moderators and staff of bitcoin.com will not be eligible to win for obvious reasons.

Since we are just starting the holiday season and some members that want to vote may be absent on holidays I am expecting to start the voting sometime around late Jan or early Feb 2017 so keep an eye on this thread.

If any members have any questions about the rules to this competition please post below and I will answer them when I see them.

To everyone that is already a member of forum.bitcoin.com please follow the link below to the giveaway thread and post your 5 best threads that you have seen on the forum and you believe are worthy of the top 4btc prize, or if you are looking for a reason to sign up then it's not too late, sign up now and started posting some top quality threads/posts and you still could be in with a chance to win this prize. Good luck!

Link to original announcement thread: https://forum.bitcoin.com/project-development/1-000-bitcoin-prize-for-the-most-appreciated-post-on-this-forum-t265.html
Link to voting thread for 4btc prize giveaway: https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic15139.html

Regards: BTCitkilo.

Edit: We will now be looking for the top 50 to vote on and members can submit 5 links to posts they like instead of the original 3 also slight edit to rules and voting date

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 03:26:07 AM

We are starting to get a few entries into this great prize pool but definitely not as many as i expected.
Come on people, i've seen members here just about selling their souls for a few sats and now there's 4btc on offer!

It's not hard to become a good contender in the competition at this stage either, we don't have hundreds of active members so the odds are if you sign up and post a few great threads, help other members or just bring awareness to a bitcoin related situation then you have a very good chance of taking out one of the prizes.

whothefuckareyou

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:47:12 AM

We are starting to get a few entries into this great prize pool but definitely not as many as i expected.
Come on people, i've seen members here just about selling their souls for a few sats and now there's 4btc on offer!

It's not hard to become a good contender in the competition at this stage either, we don't have hundreds of active members so the odds are if you sign up and post a few great threads, help other members or just bring awareness to a bitcoin related situation then you have a very good chance of taking out one of the prizes.

Congrats in advance to Roger's Alt who would likely win this competition.

If you are serious on this 4 btc giveaway make at least 100 winners.

You are promoting a bitcoin forum on another bitcoin forum. We don't care if you get few entries. Promote it elsewhere.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 04:07:03 AM

You are promoting a bitcoin forum on another bitcoin forum. We don't care if you get few entries. Promote it elsewhere.
Roger's alt, no sorry, didn't even know him till i signed up at his forum over a year ago and never met him in person, although a troll like yourself would never believe that now would they,

Make 100 winners why? Why  not just one winner of 4btc and 2 other runner ups for the other prizes, do you have a better suggestion than just make 100 winners

theymos would be sad
Theymos was happy to have bitcoin.com promote our news and games site here so why should he be sad?

whothefuckareyou

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 04:29:21 AM

Roger's alt, no sorry, didn't even know him till i signed up at his forum over a year ago and never met him in person, although a troll like yourself would never believe that now would they,

Make 100 winners why? Why  not just one winner of 4btc and 2 other runner ups for the other prizes, do you have a better suggestion than just make 100 winners

theymos would be sad
Theymos was happy to have bitcoin.com promote our news and games site here so why should he be sad?

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the possible winner. The more winners the more difficult to fake the giveaway.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:38:20 AM

Will certainly sign up to the forum and have a look about, I'm not really the most active thread starter to be honest but quite an active poster, if I see something I feel I can add to I will jump in.

Good luck with the competition, it should draw a lot of people but it will definitely draw a lot of skepticism as we all have seen too many times unfortunately scams being played out whereby the 'winner' is one in the same person.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:41:04 AM

Do you allow a new thread to participate in the contest or get nominated?

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 11:46:14 AM

~snip~
 or if you are looking for a reason to sign up then it's not too late, sign up now and started posting some top quality threads/posts and you still could be in with a chance to win this prize.
The winner will be chosen by public vote once we have it down to the top 10, voting will start on or about 25/01/2017. Good luck!

Nice contest, but i don't see how this can be fair? This will allow people to create multiple accounts just to vote for themselves.
amiraja

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:04:32 PM

nice  Giveaway ,, good luck for all member..  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:00:40 PM

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the possible winner. The more winners the more difficult to fake the giveaway.

Its a agood point actually. Why you don't give 0.04 to 100 people? It would be more interesting. But this is just my opinion. I'm not judging or anything.
Do you know how time consuming it would be to go through a couple of hundred posts to pick the best 100, plus 0.04btc is nothing and most people wouldn't bother.

Do you allow a new thread to participate in the contest or get nominated?
Yes just sign up an account, post your thread ando once nominated in the giveaway thread you will have a chance to win.

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:18:27 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 11:08:44 PM by rizzlarolla

I've submitted my claim to the first prize.
https://forum.bitcoin.com/post43180.html#p43180

I hope i can count on your support, my friend. (if you had an account there!)
Support from anyone would be welcome.
(edit - any real people, obvs not farmed accounts - hence, no votes!)

4 btc competition, now over $4000, and barely any response's so far, bit weird?
The 12 sig campaigners OG drafted in there can barely post anything decent/interesting between them.

Roger is voting for Gavin Anderson. Now i don't doubt Gavin can write, but does he really need to be awarded 4 btc?
Vote for the little guy. Vote rizzlarolla. Thanks.
(if you have no account there, please vote here)

Bitkilo - "all the posts of yours (rizz) i have seen so far have been really good"  Cheesy
https://forum.bitcoin.com/post37828.html#p37828

Doddolo

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:48:00 PM

This seems interesting... will give a look to it. Thanks
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 04:06:39 AM

There is still time for anyone to get in on this, just come over to forum.bitcoin.com sign up an account and post away, a chance to win 4btc could never be easier.

~snip~

Roger is voting for Gavin Anderson. Now i don't doubt Gavin can write, but does he really need to be awarded 4 btc?

I don't think any of us really know what Gavin's financial situation is, he could be on his last bitcoin but i do suspect he would have a few stashed away but that is besides the point, anyone can win this competition and not many have given as much of their personal time and work to bitcoin as Gavin has, he also hasn't been treated too kindly of late.

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 01:31:33 AM

We have had some great threads posted from members looking for a chance at winning 4 bitcoins so keep them coming.
There is just over 1 month left to get your nominations in, finale cut off date will be 1st of March 2017. We will then start the public polling to see which member scores the BTC4 first prize on offer.

Good luck to all  Smiley

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 07:50:01 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2017, 08:12:36 PM by rizzlarolla

There is still time for anyone to get in on this, just come over to forum.bitcoin.com sign up an account and post away, a chance to win 4btc could never be easier.

~snip~

I don't think any of us really know what Gavin's financial situation is, he could be on his last bitcoin but i do suspect he would have a few stashed away but that is besides the point, anyone can win this competition and not many have given as much of their personal time and work to bitcoin as Gavin has, he also hasn't been treated too kindly of late.

I just thought it a bit strange, i got no problem with "everyone" being involved.
A 4btc competition to attract new members to Rogers forum, great.
But then Roger votes for someone new members know they cannot beat!
I don't think this was intentional, but it isn't helping inspire people to try is it?
(i'd like to think Gavin would not/not need to except 4btc if he won anyway!)

There have been some good post, but nowhere near what i would have expected for 4 btc.
Anyone can still win! What is stopping people?

Is this thread in the wrong topic?
(i only found it because "whothefuckareyou" started a thread about me, so i checked his posts, and that led me here!)

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2017, 10:07:55 PM

~snip~

I just thought it a bit strange, i got no problem with "everyone" being involved.
A 4btc competition to attract new members to Rogers forum, great.
But then Roger votes for someone new members know they cannot beat!
I don't think this was intentional, but it isn't helping inspire people to try is it?
(i'd like to think Gavin would not/not need to except 4btc if he won anyway!)

There have been some good post, but nowhere near what i would have expected for 4 btc.
Anyone can still win! What is stopping people?

Is this thread in the wrong topic?
(i only found it because "whothefuckareyou" started a thread about me, so i checked his posts, and that led me here!)

It may be Roger's bitcoins but he will have no say over who the final winner will be.

There have been some great threads and tutorials posted by users entering the competition but to tell you the truth i did expect a lot more too.
I would really like to see a minimum of 50 threads before starting the public voting but i also know we can't string this out forever.

I really don't know what is stopping people, maybe 4btc for a single post just sounds too good to be true

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 02:21:20 AM

The final rules for this competition have been posted here: https://forum.bitcoin.com/post47894.html#p47894

Less than 2 weeks are remaining before we close this competition for new nominations so now is the time to sign up and start posting.
Start posting, enter your threads into the competition and you could have a chance to win 4 bitcoins, it really is that easy, what are you waiting for.

rafajunior99

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:37:59 AM

This event seems very attractive, well I'm going to try and follow this event, to register at the forum that you offer, and I will make a very interesting thread, I believe that I make will be crowded, and I wish good luck came to me. Grin Cheesy
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 02:55:11 AM

Less than 1 week remaining to sign up and nominate some threads  Smiley

Arindava

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:44:13 PM

This event is interesting and I enjoyed reading about this thread. good news
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 11:19:28 PM

Wow  Shocked  thats a big prize.
Okay I will join now and I will post some thread.
I hope my thread will be nominated.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 11:28:04 PM

You are welcome to nominate your own threads  Wink

Nekutasa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:21:26 AM

I don't think I fully understand this...

So we sign up on the forum you mentioned and just make posts on that forum and then we post those threads/posts?

Correct me if I'm wrong

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience - Most Trusted & Popular Bitcoin Game @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:33:43 AM

So we sign up on the forum you mentioned and just make posts on that forum and then we post those threads/posts?

Correct me if I'm wrong
Thats about it, sign up answer some threads or start some of your own, you can then either wait for another member to nominate your thread/post or you can just nominate up to 5 yourself that can include you own.
Once the comp closes for new nominations members will then vote on the best.
https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic15139.html

panjiheriawan

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:11:19 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong
Thats about it, sign up answer some threads or start some of your own, you can then either wait for another member to nominate your thread/post or you can just nominate up to 5 yourself that can include you own.

and the winners choosen if there have many voted from other ?
and how with cheated ? i think someone can make multy account and vote for self
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 03:37:06 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong

and the winners choosen if there have many voted from other ?
and how with cheated ? i think someone can make multy account and vote for self
We will be on the lookout for alt accounts during voting, any alts found to be voting for their own threads will be disqualified from the competition.

Feri577

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:44:36 AM

What can we follow this and how about an explanation for this competition ..
freemanjackal

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 02:08:44 AM

thats a lot of money, i think that i have an account created there, i receive from time to time or daily an email with btc price and and main articles about btc, also more active forum posts, i ll try to join this and follow it
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 02:41:50 AM

What can we follow this and how about an explanation for this competition ..
What sort of explanation do you want?

If you follow this thread you can read why Roger Ver offered this prize.

thats a lot of money, i think that i have an account created there, i receive from time to time or daily an email with btc price and and main articles about btc, also more active forum posts, i ll try to join this and follow it
Please do, there is not much time left now.

kamvreto
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1157

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 01:29:09 PM

following, nominate with my own thread.  Smiley
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2017, 08:32:36 AM

Just a couple of days to go before voting starts  Smiley

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 04:34:23 AM

Thank you to all members that entered the competition. The voting thread is now live and anyone that has an account at forum.bitcoin.com is welcome to vote for their favourite thread.
Voting thread: https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic18281.html

Good Luck to all participants!

piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1038

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 04:44:24 AM

Thank you to all members that entered the competition. The voting thread is now live and anyone that has an account at forum.bitcoin.com is welcome to vote for their favourite thread.
Voting thread: https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic18281.html

Good Luck to all participants!
thanks @bitkilo to provide the latest news in this thread of course everyone needs to know about the giveaway is large enough, so let us know who the lucky and the best, get the winner soon Smiley

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 09:19:02 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 09:51:28 AM by bitkilo

If you have not yet voted for your favourite threads in the competition then please do so asap, voting will close in the next 8-10 hours and then it will be too late.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic18281.html

Good luck to all that entered!

Edit: sorry small mistake by me on dates,
Voting still has a couple of days to go, voting will close on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:04 pm as stated in the OP. This is because voting did not start till 03/03/2017 and was to run for 30 days.

Qartada

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 09:34:21 AM

For practical purposes this is nothing because only one person among thousands can actually win the prize.  It's like a meaningless lottery of people who try too hard for something that someone else was inevitably going to win anyway.  Just a publicity stunt from bitcoin.com and it's nothing to Roger Ver, who won't transfer his BTC for BU tokens.

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 09:54:43 AM

For practical purposes this is nothing because only one person among thousands can actually win the prize.  It's like a meaningless lottery of people who try too hard for something that someone else was inevitably going to win anyway.  Just a publicity stunt from bitcoin.com and it's nothing to Roger Ver, who won't transfer his BTC for BU tokens.
That's really great of you to show your true colors.
Obviously you have not even looked at the competition or even how many have entered so why don't you do a little checking in the future before spamming.

This also has nothing to do with the bet you mention and was actually formed before BU even entered the spotlight so stop being a total troll.

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 05:37:44 AM

Voting has now closed, thank you to all that took the time to vote.

I will start going through the list of members that voted tonight to weed out any alt accounts that i find have voted.

Good luck to all that made it to the top 4  Smiley

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:47:01 AM

So are these the winners when all is said and done?

1) Decoded with 14 votes for the thread:
2) OgNasty with 13 votes for the thread:
3) Intriguing with 11 votes for the thread:
4) Thetamind with 9 votes for the thread:
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:07:37 AM

Mmmmm very bigg prizee...Fantastic!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print