Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question in regards to avatar  (Read 372 times)
player514 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:29:11 AM

Might not be the best place to ask this, but I had a quick question in regards to an avatar change.

I'm trying to change out my current avatar, but when I upload the new avatar and see that it's my "current" one, the new avatar doesn't show up on the top left or in any of my posts. Instead, I only see my old avatar.

Is there any way to fix this? I've tried to refresh the page multiple times but that didn't do anything. I've also tried to upload multiple times which also has not done anything so far...

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:32:38 AM

Just wait for a bit.  Clear your cache if it takes too long to show.

FYI I see a bitconnect avatar from here.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:33:31 AM

Might not be the best place to ask this, but I had a quick question in regards to an avatar change.

I'm trying to change out my current avatar, but when I upload the new avatar and see that it's my "current" one, the new avatar doesn't show up on the top left or in any of my posts. Instead, I only see my old avatar.

Is there any way to fix this? I've tried to refresh the page multiple times but that didn't do anything. I've also tried to upload multiple times which also has not done anything so far...

How long ago was it that you added your avatar?
It can take a few minutes for it to be added so if it was only done recently then it'll probably take about double the time "activity" takes to change due to it having to rewrite your avatar into the system.

Once changing it, if you go here and see if the avatar has changed then it should change on all of the other posts as well and then eventually change in the panel at the top.
player514 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:39:37 AM

Just wait for a bit.  Clear your cache if it takes too long to show.

FYI I see a bitconnect avatar from here.

Thanks for the response, that's exactly what it's supposed to show.

This is what I see on my end: https://gyazo.com/d0ef06e555dda42bffc064fb85603480

I guess I just need to give it a bit more time and let it go through. I'll wait for a couple of hours and if that doesn't do anything, I'll clear my cache. Thank you!

player514 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 01:40:50 AM

How long ago was it that you added your avatar?
It can take a few minutes for it to be added so if it was only done recently then it'll probably take about double the time "activity" takes to change due to it having to rewrite your avatar into the system.

Once changing it, if you go here and see if the avatar has changed then it should change on all of the other posts as well and then eventually change in the panel at the top.

Yup, just went there and it showed the correct avatar that I wanted. I guess it might just be the update thing, then. I'll wait it out / clear my cache.

Thanks for the response and help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: