Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:50:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LEARN] BBCode Lessons & Tutorials [+tutorial videos!]  (Read 42591 times)
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 04:14:32 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2017, 04:27:54 PM by roslinpl

Hello everyone,

thanks for all the questions, messages and for improvement of your BBCode skillz ;-)
True pleasure to share my knowledge with you and in same time improve skills for both sides. I have some new interesting techniques to share with you.

But 1st let me start from answering to your questions:

This is  great tutorial , i don't think that we can create a symbol by input text in bbcode on this forum, with this tutorial i can do it , i will try make a symbol like heart or  symbol different . it will make a post nice to see ,maybe good for seo.

You can use many symbols - when we talk about the heart sometimes it's just better/easier/faster to use UNICODE/ASCII symbol instead of drawing it with UNICODE squares. It depends what kind of the results you would like to get.

If you need just a heart in any shape you can try to use those: ♥ ❤ ❥

(...)
Would you mind name that edit program you used in your tutorial video, the one to mass edit & change some characters you want. (search & replace)

The one from the tutorial video was Sublime Text.
If you're using Linux/macOS I suggest to use Brackets.

(...)
I just use basic wordpad that comes with Windows. Works exactly the same for me.

You can use any editor you like. Some of them might save more time some of them less.
It's like with coding - you can code super powerful app using Vi ^_^.

Hello OP. Is there a tutorial on the application of Glow and shadow tool of BBCodes here. I'm having trouble on selecting color code to use. Can I know where to see the list of the color code applicable on that function? Thanks

We cannot add shadow to the signatures, Heroes and Legendary can add glow but no shadow. You can draw a shadow for a logo or maybe for some elements but for not for the text.

You can generate text gradient with patorjk.com/text-color-fader
and then replace #color tag with #glow and also replace ] with ,1].

Example:
Code:
[color=#000]   --->   [glow=#000,1]

(...)
2) youtube url not work

The one of the videos as you can see wasn't posted by me. And someone who posted his tutorial seems to delete that video.
I cannot do nothing about it.

OP, I have a question here. What's the differences between BBCode and Markdown? Is BBCode easier than Markdown or vice versa?

We can say that Markdown is similar to BBCode - both of them can format the text. But BBCode is made to format the messages posted on the Internet. While Markdown is something more than that.
I never did such a things like drawing a logo from Unicode characters in Markdown so it's hard to say is it easier or not ^_^.

I think I answered to all the questions related to BBCode tutorials and lessons.
Thanks again for your opinions, kind words, questions. I will post few new tricks tonight/tomorrow.

Best wishes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:00:14 PM

Thank you very much for this tutorial, Really great work, it helped a lot to me. first time I only fastreaded thread, and then read it alltrough and I allmost knew everything, now I just need to make some designs Smiley

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
0o

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:35:48 PM

I have been looking for such a tutorial for a long time but I have always been looking in the wrong places, Thanks, I will now start to study.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:32:22 PM

Thank you! I am learning from this one. Great tutorial and videos, very helpful for those who wanted to learn. More power!
luzanb

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:06:44 PM

How can I do rowspan and colspan in Tables?
Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

Thanks for the tutorial, you are doing a great job here. Is there a reliable online tool that can be used to generate ASCII?

Rozcobs

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:21:43 PM

Guys thank you for sharing you BBCode samples/ideas. Very informative. But since I'm a jr member i don't have enough privilege to use full signatures but only a few lines now so it's okay. No rush, better keeping up until I can learn on through. But now, I just enjoy watching how good you are guys on your works. Keep up guys and share more. Thanks.
Rabby637

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:12:15 AM

Thank you so much to give us such type of lesson. But have a question have any YouTube video where i can  see this practically .
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:54:01 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 05:02:43 AM by roslinpl

Thank you so much to give us such type of lesson. But have a question have any YouTube video where i can  see this practically .

Hello,

you're welcome.

I recommend to read the 1st post.
There's a link to Lesson 8 and one YouTube video.

BTW. I'm sorry but I had to many things to do and I couldn't write new lessons and share some fresh tutorials with you but it's coming ;-)

Coming soon:
Lesson 11: Advanced Character Saving Techniques

I'll be back soon ^_^

PS. I just read this:
Jr Members can no longer have signature links.
It's worth noticing.

Best wishes.
Kutz

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:37:38 AM

Best thread I ever seen here in BTT.. Thank you for sharing your talent to us. It help us a lot to improve our skills with Being artist/designer is not enough without knowing this kind of codes and skills..please continue this brilliant tutorials
BlackMambaPH

Activity: 1022
Merit: 509

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:26:32 AM

Best thread I ever seen here in BTT.. Thank you for sharing your talent to us. It help us a lot to improve our skills with Being artist/designer is not enough without knowing this kind of codes and skills..please continue this brilliant tutorials

He is one of the reason why I'm a bitcointalk signature designer ( more on because of this thread lol.) And because of that I'm also of his one service competitor here in bitcointalk. But of course his better than me.

AXIE INFINITY IS THE BEST!
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 10:22:49 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 10:45:39 PM by roslinpl
Merited by CHRISBIN702 (1)

He is one of the reason why I'm a bitcointalk signature designer ( more on because of this thread lol.) And because of that I'm also of his one service competitor here in bitcointalk. But of course his better than me.

@Kutz thanks! I will continue that's for sure.

@BlackMambaPH thank you, but I don't know am I better than you or better than anyone else. It's not me who judge.

My main reason to create those tutorials was to achieve such a goals like hearing that somebody became a BCTalk designer with a help of my tutorials.
Also if only I would be the only good BBCode sig designer that would be really very bad and also boring.

It's like if fashionable shoes were made only by Christian Louboutin..

Competition causes that what we create becomes better and better. Or we're out of the business ^_^.
I love when people have a choice between services and there is no monopoly on any of those. Someone might think that my signatures are the best while other might think the opposite.
Then such a person can choose other designers like you and get out of the situation with a smile on a face.

And that's the most important thing here. Rather than taking away competition - short-sightedness has no purpose - everything must evolve.

Best wishes.
Pali

Activity: 221
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:28:55 PM

This was very informative and helped me out in a great way.

BTCArena - First and most established PVP Gambling Platform.
Bitcoin Gamble Talk - First and biggest crypto gambling discord.
evgeshti

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:01:55 PM

Hello. I apologize if I ask a question that already sounded (there is no way to reread the entire topic).
I encountered such a problem - when I was creating signatures, I checked their appearance in the usual post by pressing the "review" button. After I finished the signatures and gave them to the customer, he did not see some characters (looked like "?", This symbol was "|").

1) what it can depend on (if I checked everything correctly, then the characters that were not read by the Legendary/Hero in other signatures looked normal, but this may not be accurate information Wink)?
2) Is it possible for me as a JuniorMember to check the work of the signature for ranks higher than mine?

Thanks! All good!

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
TSM.Global

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:50:40 AM

It is amazing people teach others for free!

We will too develop our educational blog soon.

Thanks for the affirmation of the idea we had.
Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:57:24 AM

Hello, I have read through your projects and I have started practicing. Thanks.

But please can some help me with this?

How do yoiu guys arrange the content of signature design?? When you look at some designs, you will see some images standing alone while some text are place over other text. An example of what I mean is the design of the second post (#2) on this thread. Here is the link.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1727100.msg17288135#msg17288135

Please how can one design such signature and lay them out in that manner??
fxstrike

Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:21:19 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 04:20:29 AM by fxstrike

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●⚫ █ █ █ █ BTC █ █ █ █ ⚫●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Do you use any editor to 'bolt' everything together, using this preview editor looks like very difficult and probably used up this forum resources, some offline editor maybe better and more responsive than using web based editor

Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:04:16 AM

▄▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███           █████      ███       ███████████
███           ██████     ███           ███
███           ███ ██     ███           ███
███           ███ ███    ███           ███
███           ███ ███    ███           ███
███           ███  ███   ███           ███
███           ███  ███   ███           ███
███           ███   ███  ███           ███
███           ███   ███  ███           ███
███           ███    ███ ███           ███
███           ███    ███ ███           ███
███           ███     ██████           ███
███           ███     ██████           ███
▀▀▀           ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

this is what i am facing. after designing in notepad++, when i ever i try it out with the post preview, the character becomes distorted. totally different from how it looks in notepad++. please what am i doing wrong??? it is becoming fraustrating
fxstrike

Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:11:21 AM

▄▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███           ██████     ███       ███████████
███           ██████     ███               ███
███           ███ ███    ███               ███
███           ███ ███    ███               ███
███           ███ ███    ███               ███
███           ███  ███   ███               ███
███           ███  ███   ███               ███
███           ███   ███  ███               ███
███           ███   ███  ███               ███
███           ███    ███ ███               ███
███           ███    ███ ███               ███
███           ███     ██████               ███
███           ███     ██████               ███
▀▀▀           ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀

this is what i am facing. after designing in notepad++, when i ever i try it out with the post preview, the character becomes distorted. totally different from how it looks in notepad++. please what am i doing wrong??? it is becoming fraustrating

I use this forum Preview Editor to correct some of the distortion but is seem to be too cumbersome to do it manually, probably using same pixelette tool can help doing it faster

temarazin

Activity: 224
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:15:03 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2018, 11:28:50 AM by temarazin

▄▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███           █████      ███       ███████████
███           ██████     ███           ███
███           ███ ██     ███           ███
███           ███ ███    ███           ███
███           ███ ███    ███           ███
███           ███  ███   ███           ███
███           ███  ███   ███           ███
███           ███   ███  ███           ███
███           ███   ███  ███           ███
███           ███    ███ ███           ███
███           ███    ███ ███           ███
███           ███     ██████           ███
███           ███     ██████           ███
▀▀▀           ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

Just use tag 'tt' or monospace font. Also, you can use a character ░ with transparent color instead spaces.

Btw I still waiting for the lesson 11. Thanks a lot to roslinpl for this cool tutorial.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: