Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-10 Zerohedge - BitCrash Continues: Down 40% And Dumping  (Read 686 times)
labestiol (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:16:34 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 09:05:57 PM by labestiol

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-10/bitcrash-continues-down-40-and-dumping

Time to rename it BitCrash... or will it stage an amazing recovery? Alas, for this particular bubble, there are no NYSE circuit breakers nor is there a Federal Reserve-mandated "plunge protection team." And why should there be? The central banks hate all currency alternatives. Firehats: on, especially since the volume is still relatively lite.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:23:49 PM

I love Tyler Durden. The flash crash will be dealt with in a few days. BTC 's future hasn't changed. Instead, more people watched it burn and remain alive ever. The time has come.

Simgularity.

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:21:23 PM

I love Tyler Durden. The flash crash will be dealt with in a few days. BTC 's future hasn't changed. Instead, more people watched it burn and remain alive ever. The time has come.

Simgularity.

To anyone around in 2011, today's action is....boring and uneventful.

Weak hands, johnnie-come-latelies, and hot money which doesn't understand Bitcoin's nature: good riddance to you all.  See you again when the marketcap is in the trillions and the volatility has fallen enough to no longer make you puke.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:08:19 AM

I was sitting in the trading channels for bitcoin the night before advising people cut down their positions. The exponential and pretty much meta-exponential (showing up on the LOG chart) movement was enough. The professional traders in the channel expected it.

What is silly is that Tyler now likes Bitcoin as a pageview-driver - so of course he'll put up topics within the hour and keep hammering home the 'faults' of our decline. The joke is on them really, they've all been trading Bernanke pumped up markets so long, that when the Dow has a 100 point down day, Tyler jumps all over it like its the signal the great decline has arrived.

(I should know, I've been reading his site for nearly three years.)

I just find it funny that a decline in bitcoin is the "end" but they are rabidly waiting for a decline in the "real" markets, year after year.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Haole

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:35:53 PM

I've enjoyed ZH, the news feed is good and even some of the Bitcoin articles have been alright.

However, the comments sections have largely become a forum for psychopathic lower primates overcome by self-reinforcing programming.  The Bitcoin articles bring this to light quite handily.

I was going to post my little story on one of the threads there but that place doesn't deserve us.   How I started buying BTC in November and sold my last purchase of 78.5 BTC yesterday at essentially a 3-bagger.  This enabled me to recover almost all my principal capital spent on all my BTC purchases after fees, capital gains, etc.  Now I'm left with almost all my Fiat back with which to strengthen my position in other asset classes and still have hundreds of BTC in cold storage at a cost base of about $1.25/BTC.

I think I made-out pretty well and am totally comfortable with having ~600 bucks tied-up in quite a few hundred, almost free Bitcoin.

Anyway, the last thing I need is to read anymore broken record BS about Bitcoin on ZH from a lot of those tools.

Timm, you do a very good job of posting there and being a BTC ambassador of sorts, you really deserve credit.  I think you've made a few people think there ( the ones that still can and have an open mind) but I think your efforts and those of others are largely wasted on many of those throwbacks.

Keep-up the good work or not, it's your choice but I have lost a lot of respect and interest in ZH in general, the comments sections are mostly filled with packs of dogs sniffing eachother's and all trying to piss on the same fire hydrant.

With regards to Bitcoin, fuck ZeroHedge, the Tylers and most of the people that post there as they have nothing else to do apparently, bunch of sad whores...

"The future isn't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: