Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why we shouldn't trade on MTGOX  (Read 1411 times)
Driice (OP)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:44:21 PM

For anybody who doesn't know Magic the Gathering Online Exchance (MTGOX Tongue), controls the majority of the BTC market. Our field day in BTC today is a result of the combination of the bubble popping and GOX's beautiful trade engine. Smiley In my opinion this crash would of been half as bad if the GOX engine didn't lag on super mode today. The - hours ago - billion dollar market was easily throttled because of reliance on a central exchange. To stop something like this from happening in the future we need to take away our BTC volume from GOX and put it into other exchanges. Maybe the events of today will cause people too finally realize this.

Cheers,
Driice Smiley

P.S.: Congrats Proudhon, you were finally right!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:59:59 PM

For anybody who doesn't know Magic the Gathering Online Exchance (MTGOX Tongue), controls the majority of the BTC market. Our field day in BTC today is a result of the combination of the bubble popping and GOX's beautiful trade engine. Smiley In my opinion this crash would of been half as bad if the GOX engine didn't lag on super mode today. The - hours ago - billion dollar market was easily throttled because of reliance on a central exchange. To stop something like this from happening in the future we need to take away our BTC volume from GOX and put it into other exchanges. Maybe the events of today will cause people too finally realize this.

Cheers,
Driice Smiley

And if we do that, we run the risk of losing EVERYTHING when they up and off with all that cash that people have given them....

Where to now Batman??

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
Driice (OP)

Activity: 122

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:08:00 PM

Cheers,
Driice Smiley

And if we do that, we run the risk of losing EVERYTHING when they up and off with all that cash that people have given them....

Where to now Batman??

Bitstamp, Bitfloor, Localbitcoins, BTC-e...

See where I'm getting at? Roll Eyes
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 08:40:44 PM

Bitstamp, Bitfloor, Localbitcoins, BTC-e...

See where I'm getting at? Roll Eyes

Don't forget CampBX too - give us a try.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:56:18 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 11:48:19 AM by MPOE-PR

Cheers,
Driice Smiley

MtGox normally lists 50-100k BTC in the book. That's a tiny fraction (a little under a percent to half that much) of the total Bitcoin out there.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: