Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:36:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: p2pool mini-pool server set-up question  (Read 916 times)
Moonchopper (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:21:32 PM

Cross-posting this from mining support, since I don't seem to be getting many hits there. Also, it might be more relevant in this 'general' area...

Myself and some of my buddies are starting our own tiny pool that I plan on setting up through p2pool. Not a whole lot, just more of an experiment currently. We're running BitMinter currently and are all assigning our 'workers' under the same address, but are looking to switch, since I believe it might be more beneficial for us to participate in a smaller pool (or so I think - we'll find out.)

I just want to be certain that I set this up properly so that we are receiving our bitcoins appropriately:

Currently, I have run_p2pool.exe running on my desktop (192.168.1.149), with the default ports.
Current parameters:

Code:
-a 1GgYw8mTRcLVzYnqWiqkSK6DAWF34jDzA7

I am running cgminer.exe on my laptop with the following parameters:

Code:
-o http://192.168.1.149:9332 -u <username> -p <password>

bitcoin.conf entries:
Code:
rpcuser=<Same Username as above>
rpcpassword=<Same Password as above>
server=1

In order for my friends to act as 'workers,' would they just need to run cgminer.exe with the same user and pass as above for CGMiner? Or do they also need to run p2pool.exe on their own machines (meaning they would have to run the Bitcoin client themselves, along with downloading the entire block chain like I had to)? Do they need the bitcoin.conf on their computers also? Or is that explicitly for p2pool.exe/Bitcoin.exe?

Given the above, will all of our MH/s work be contributed to the same address/wallet? Or, is there any way for me to find out explicitly what address my work is being 'paid' to? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

P.S. I am going to be using my desktop as my main worker, not my laptop - currently set up backwards because I started out on my PC first Smiley Also, this will be done over a VPN, so the private IP is not a problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: