Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently lost my iPhone with my breadwallet.  (Read 4163 times)
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 02:05:18 PM

I was out at the weekend and lost my iphone,  had about 0.3Btc on it that i use for purchase anywhere i can, but i have to say retrieving my wallet on to my new iphone was an absolute gift.  Breadwallet is such a great mobile wallet so easy to use, and now i trust it even more than i did before.  Thanks you voisine Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 11:53:17 AM

I was looking for a wallet, interresting...

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:36:46 PM

Luckily that you were smart enough to write down the recovery phrase. There are not that much IPhone wallets available that don't require any personal information. The only thing I miss in breadwallet is signing a message but I like the simplicity.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:39:52 PM

It is nice to know that their is a mobile wallet which can be recovered if the phone is lost through passphrase like desktop wallet electrum as before i have heard of if the mobile is lost or it is corrupted then you will lose your wallet for ever
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:41:02 PM

Luckily that you were smart enough to write down the recovery phrase. There are not that much IPhone wallets available that don't require any personal information. The only thing I miss in breadwallet is signing a message but I like the simplicity.

Yeah cant emphasis enough how important it is to write down and store securely the passphrase for your wallets.  and again cant praise Breadwallet enough.   Wink
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:45:06 PM

It is nice to know that their is a mobile wallet which can be recovered if the phone is lost through passphrase like desktop wallet electrum as before i have heard of if the mobile is lost or it is corrupted then you will lose your wallet for ever

It's not the only mobile wallet that can be recovered from seed if the phone is lost. Mycellium wallet can do the same with the same ease and simplicity. Unfortunately only lately they have produced an Iphone version but as they say, better late than never.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:53:31 PM

It's not the only mobile wallet that can be recovered from seed if the phone is lost. Mycellium wallet can do the same with the same ease and simplicity. Unfortunately only lately they have produced an Iphone version but as they say, better late than never.

I'm wondering when Electrum will release an Iphone version of their mobile app. It looks like they have an Android one already according to:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/electrum-launches-mobile-wallet-for-android-ios-coming-1457104408

Haven't tried their Android one but it would be nice to see an Iphone version as well.
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 01:56:55 PM

Coinomi is not so bad either, specially if you are using/trading multiple altcoins. Your seed restores the multi-wallet regardless of the device.

Sad that they only have wallets for phone's at the moment.
stardustin

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Such services are very good, 0.3 btc isn't so much but it means something for many people and some issues must be regarded like that one. Hope it's possible on android, I really didn't know if recovery was possible on mobile wallets.
lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 08:41:41 PM

Yeah cant emphasis enough how important it is to write down and store securely the passphrase for your wallets.  and again cant praise Breadwallet enough.   Wink

Good good for you, But I'm intrigued that you're not so worried about losing your iphone, right now I think it has more value than the amount of your portfolio on it.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:32:09 AM

I don't want to spoil your happiness but you still lost your whole iPhone which was worth probably more than 0.3 BTC anyway.
Restoring Bread wallet is not different than having copy of your seed phrase generated any HD wallet.

Any HD wallet protected with strong password + multiple copies of seed phrase stored safely = ultimate protection for your coins.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 02:42:47 AM

I have been looking for a decent Iphone wallet so will check this one out.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2017, 03:54:56 AM

Breadwallet rocks. I use it as my main wallet on my Nexus. I also have Mycelium for times I want to spend from my Trezor, but you cannot do that with the Mycelium version for iPhone. Another good wallet Android only though so far worth checking out is Samourai Wallet.

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:23:14 PM

Breadwallet is the best Wallet for Iphone IMO
But i wouldn't keep too much coins on it tho..

Its one of the few wallets for Iphone which support pass-phrase-recovery.
Funny fact is that most of the Android wallets support this kind of recovery.

XXX_BTC1@

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:41:24 AM

I was out at the weekend and lost my iphone,  had about 0.3Btc on it that i use for purchase anywhere i can, but i have to say retrieving my wallet on to my new iphone was an absolute gift.  Breadwallet is such a great mobile wallet so easy to use, and now i trust it even more than i did before.  Thanks you voisine Smiley

yes you said correct bread wallet is really good for usage. but how can you loss your mobile like that it is very sad news friend. but once you have to give complaint in police station and they have to inquiry about your mobile so nothing to worry. 0.3 btc really so much high amount so don't feel sad. your mobile got as well as possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: