Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:18:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: when do you think this rise is going to slow down/stop?  (Read 2272 times)
Ahab_Hunter_of_BearWhale

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

You know what? Fuck I don't even know. I distance myself from bitcoin for a few months, and next thing you know this shit happens. I'm considering even buying tonight (1:45am atm) and selling in the morning. Bitcoin has been nothing but a roller coaster ride of emotions and FOMO and regret ugh.

I damn hope it slows down before it goes "to the moon" or some shit because I'd like to finally profit off of this to some extent. I'm currently at a $200 loss so I don't really consider myself a trader.

To answer your question though, I think we'll rise until mid January or something. Kinda wanting to buy right now but I'm also trying to keep my emotions in check before I do anything with large amounts of money.

Don't mind me. This year's been tough, is all.
Aw sorry mate. Best to just buy and hold through the ups and downs, knowing the true value and usefulness of the BTC network in your heart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:46:36 PM

There is no doubt that the price of bitcoin has taken a firm step towards the $1,000 barrier. I am convinced that this barrier will not mean big problems for bitcoin and I would expect a stable range around $1,000-1,100.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:12:05 PM

There is no doubt that the price of bitcoin has taken a firm step towards the $1,000 barrier. I am convinced that this barrier will not mean big problems for bitcoin and I would expect a stable range around $1,000-1,100.
Are you talking about this year or will make it happen next year?? Im not convinced that bitcoin price will totaly hit this month before the year ends i don't see any of the reason it maximize its capicity this year to incorease we just wait for another year to celebrate
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:34:18 PM

If the situation in India continues with the same rate in first quarter of 2017 the rally will goes on. It is difficult to predict the price because for many people 1000$ is the psychological barrier and most of them may start to sell in order to gain short term profits if they had bought big amounts some days ago when price was about $800.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:34:32 PM

If the situation in India continues with the same rate in first quarter of 2017 the rally will goes on. It is difficult to predict the price because for many people 1000$ is the psychological barrier and most of them may start to sell in order to gain short term profits if they had bought big amounts some days ago when price was about $800.

I agree, $1000 BTC is a selling point to other holder, and as we see the movement, price seems fluctuate around $880 - $930  +-50$  a good amount to get profit from the ups and down of bitcoin.  And I think it recently slow down since it's been several days of moving up and down and have not shown much progress in price.  Maybe accumulating phase for whales before pushing Bitcoin to pass $1000
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:16:51 AM

The price rice will stop after the huge mega panic FOMO buy-in spike.

didn't the FOMO already happen with the $100+ rise in a couple of days which happeneded recently?

No. Nobody except hardened bitcoiners noticed this rise. There is a lag -- especially during holiday -- for the news to propagate to major markets. Two weeks, then FOMO.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:20:32 AM

when Bitcoin crushed the gold price.

The only sensible way to compare BTC price and XAU price is by market cap. At today's gold price, that would be about a half-million federal reserve notes per BTC.

Somehow, I don't think this is what you meant. But equating the unit price of completely arbitrary quantities of two radically different instruments is meaningless.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:23:19 AM

when Bitcoin crushed the gold price.

The only sensible way to compare BTC price and XAU price is by market cap. At today's gold price, that would be about a half-million federal reserve notes per BTC.

Somehow, I don't think this is what you meant. But equating the unit price of completely arbitrary quantities of two radically different instruments is meaningless.... Except psychologically.

FTFY

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
usudas

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:26:09 AM

it depends on bitcoin holders and the consumer's needs. But it still keeps going up highly.
If people do not sell many bitcoins for profits the price will be higher and higher. it means non-stop price.
I still buy more bitcoins and hold them at least 1 or 2 years later.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

The sentiments are still bullish for bitcoin but the market might correct down to get rid of selling pressure. Right now there's no significant factors that might affect the price to go down like what happened before, only minor corrections occurred.
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:20:38 PM

I would  say that 25% that the drop will happen now. Because well... its a good moment as every else. 50% that after the hype blowing up the psychological 1000 usd per bitcoin. The last option is 25% to me happening that after we hit the previous ath.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:34:43 PM

I would  say that 25% that the drop will happen now. Because well... its a good moment as every else. 50% that after the hype blowing up the psychological 1000 usd per bitcoin. The last option is 25% to me happening that after we hit the previous ath.

I think rise would be stop from coming February. I do not have reason for that actually every year till January we could see some god price rise in bitcoin price, so We already saw good pump in this year due to halving and holidays pump.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:42:05 PM

Maybe it would back to $700 again ? Grin lol it's really hard to determine what amount will be the last price value of bitcoin . It's either will go higher or will go dwon first before it eventually become briefly stable . But I hope that it will stop on $1000 price or even $900 .
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:07:19 PM

Bitcoin has a history of repeated bubbles - though each bubble peaks much higher than the previous bubble.

We've had five so far.

Based on the past, we might get to $1500 before it pops.

The following excellent article explores this further:

https://medium.com/@mcasey0827/speculative-bitcoin-adoption-price-theory-2eed48ecf7da#.lc6fzjqyu

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
AmsterdamPimp

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:18:13 PM

It will stop rising when one of the bigger alt exchanges bail out or the btc exchanges. Or my theory is when a dark web site goes down. I'm thinking alphabay have had a good run lol

Social Gambling Game ●
░▒ B2 | BitDouble.io ▒░
● THE MOST FUN TO WIN BITCOIN ●
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:33:54 PM

will top out around $3000 per coin next year, unless some fundamentals change significantly.

i am satoshi
AmsterdamPimp

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:53:17 AM

will top out around $3000 per coin next year, unless some fundamentals change significantly.

Haha and you don't think we will have some dark markets or exchanges go down before that?

Social Gambling Game ●
░▒ B2 | BitDouble.io ▒░
● THE MOST FUN TO WIN BITCOIN ●
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:03:43 PM

It will stop rising when one of the bigger alt exchanges bail out or the btc exchanges. Or my theory is when a dark web site goes down. I'm thinking alphabay have had a good run lol

well of course if there's a large exchange will be hacked again it's not only going to stop on rising it's also going to bring a big crash to bitcoin and I think if there's one of the dark web sites goes down it will affect the price very much . as far as I know dark web has a big circulation of bitcoin .
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:13:28 PM

Bitcoin has a history of repeated bubbles - though each bubble peaks much higher than the previous bubble.

We've had five so far.

Based on the past, we might get to $1500 before it pops.

The following excellent article explores this further:

https://medium.com/@mcasey0827/speculative-bitcoin-adoption-price-theory-2eed48ecf7da#.lc6fzjqyu
What type of car is in your mind? I know it's a bubble but the same bubble is the reason for the rise and people knowing there is a price bubble causes even more inflation but when the big holders enter for big profit they start to sell in bulks that is when the bubble starts to shrink but never explodes.

🖤😏
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:14:31 PM

I would imagine it will start to slow down come early February like it did early this year. I do remember regretting not buying some then when it was increasing at a frantic rate to stop at $750. Cheesy
Now you can imagine my state right now. Undecided

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: