Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:58:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rename the investor-based games to Ponzi-Based scams?  (Read 626 times)
AdolfinWolf (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:23:00 AM

Is the investor-based games board ment for obvious ponzi's or?
I just counted atleast 3 obvious ponzi's in the first 8 threads, is this normal or? Maybe it is an idea to rename the board since i really wouldn't call putting money in those sites investments, It's more or less a donation, and i think it is quite odd to let those people advertise their scams there, or am i wrong?

Could someone eleborate? Was there ever a bitcoindoubler site that paid back your  "investment"?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:35:15 AM

I just counted atleast 3 obvious ponzi's in the first 8 threads, is this normal or? Maybe it is an idea to rename the board since i really wouldn't call putting money in those sites investments, It's more or less a donation, and i think it is quite odd to let those people advertise their scams there, or am i wrong?

Could someone eleborate? Was there ever a bitcoindoubler site that paid back your  "investment"?
If you spot a ponzi, you can report it to moderators or inform the community in appropriate section.
Just because few of them are ponzi,we can not discredit many others ghat are genuine.
What you think would be the appropriate name for that section? in my opinion it is the most suitable name.

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:42:11 AM

Could someone eleborate? Was there ever a bitcoindoubler site that paid back your  "investment"?

Investor based games section is meant for sites that requires user to invest in order to participate, but it was created because the high number of threads about obvious ponzi sites.
In bitcointalk scams aren't moderated, and creating a sub-board called "scam services" and moving threads there counts as moderating scams.

There was some bitcoindoubler sites that pays, but they still scammed in the end.

Don't take that as me siding with those ponzi sites, btw.  I'm just being honest.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:56:36 AM

Investor-based games was originally targeted towards games that required an investment of sort. What I think belongs there is a site like fishbitfish.com

My proposal is to simply nuke the board and delete it. Too much shit going on there.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 12:04:18 PM

If you spot a ponzi, you can report it to moderators or inform the community in appropriate section.
What are you talking about? This section is the appropriate section for ponzi's. There is no distinct difference between *legit investor* based games and ponzi's, nor does the staff moderator any scam attempts.

My proposal is to simply nuke the board and delete it. Too much shit going on there.
A lot of people are opposed to this idea because it will result in users posting these *games* everywhere. However, I don't find it troublesome to handle considering the wast number of patrollers that the forum has. The questions are always, whether the pros outweigh the cons and whether they are solutions that are potentially better than just plain removal.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 12:47:58 PM

There was a lengthy argument a while and plenty people argued that a ponzi with clear rules is just a game for them. The fact that its not provably fair, did not strike them as valid or they just accepted it as part of the "thrill of the game". Since these people see it as a form of gambling and the forum does not want to outright ban these games, their own section was created to keep them away from other forms of gambling. Similarly now the sport bets people got their own section.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
shiryu

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:13:45 PM

It can not be done because all sites Ponzi was an investment site although many are experiencing a loss, if you have earned a loss of investing in ponzi site you should already know the risks before making an investment.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 08:46:18 AM

Ponzi schemes based on Bitcoin just debase the credibility of Bitcoin imho. Now that Bitcoin is maturing, wouldn't it be easier just to delete ponzi threads and signatures.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 01:38:01 PM

Ponzi schemes based on Bitcoin just debase the credibility of Bitcoin imho. Now that Bitcoin is maturing, wouldn't it be easier just to delete ponzi threads and signatures.
I would be in favor of this. However, I'm certain that the suggestion would receive at least some opposition.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: