Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:20:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to cash out bitcoins and end up with USD  (Read 2527 times)
praxe (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:33:41 PM

If you are living in the US and want to cash out bitcoins, what is the smartest course of action? In other words how to pay the least amount of taxes and stay compliant with the law?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:12:05 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 07:48:44 AM by Amph

i don't think there is the expression "least amount of taxes" unless you want to evade, if you want to remain regulated you will pay your % of taxes on the amount that is in play

any exchange will do the job here, or just use localbitcoin
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:16:42 PM

Best way to do this is by using localbitcoins. Go there and find someone to meet in person if you want or national bank transfer. Those two options works best for me. About legal, I don't think that any low denies you right of buying/selling bitcoins
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 12:08:51 AM

i don't there is the expression "least amount of taxes" unless you want to evade, if you want to remain regulated you will pay your % of taxes on the amount that is in play

Tax evasion is illegal. Tax avoidance/tax planning is not.
The OP is looking to minimize taxes - nothing wrong with that.
praxe (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:18:48 PM

i don't there is the expression "least amount of taxes" unless you want to evade, if you want to remain regulated you will pay your % of taxes on the amount that is in play

Precisely. Anyone have the best strategy? Traveling somewhere a good idea?

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:00:33 AM

Precisely. Anyone have the best strategy? Traveling somewhere a good idea?

You mean to exchange coins abroad and bring back cash? You would still have to report the cash at customs. The only way this would work is if you exchanged it abroad and spent it all before going back home.
When you don't want to pay taxes, but need to turn coins to fiat, it's best to find someone who will pay you in cash. Just be safe and don't get robbed.

Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 09:48:37 PM

I think theres no other way. Only if you are going to transact with a trusted person to exchange you coins into fiat. As they said localbitcoin is the best and your only way to do that. Other than, you will obliged to pay for tax.
strasboug

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

I think theres no other way. Only if you are going to transact with a trusted person to exchange you coins into fiat. As they said localbitcoin is the best and your only way to do that. Other than, you will obliged to pay for tax.

But is localbitcoin safe? I heard some stories that are not so great. Anyone has experiences with it? Using exchanges like coinbase is perfectly safe, unfortunately you can't avoid tax, they do report to IRS like all stock brokers.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:39:03 PM

But is localbitcoin safe? I heard some stories that are not so great. Anyone has experiences with it? Using exchanges like coinbase is perfectly safe, unfortunately you can't avoid tax, they do report to IRS like all stock brokers.
Honestly coinbase right now are halving some problem about crediting your balance into your coinbase balance and other problem about credit card user if you can chenk their community coinbase many people right now are complaining about this problem after the price is increase above $1k value and the price was drop the problem was start i just warn you guys to use it right now because my bitcoins was not credited few days ago..
Much better to look for a local exchange or near exchange.. here in my country there is a legal company called coins.ph that actually we can exchange bitcoin into real money without paying tax.. but the rates i think is 5% from the real rate.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:56:01 PM

You could sell btc and get moneygram or western union? On localbitcoins.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:49:18 PM

I'm not entirely sure what the law is but would it really make a difference what tax you pay depending on how you sell it?
If you want to keep it legal then selling it for cash one way or another would mean you'd need to report your earnings and pay any consequent tax on that.
If you want to avoid unnecessary fees though you can post on localbitcoins and sell BTC in person for cash.
west man4

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:06:08 PM

I'm not entirely sure what the law is but would it really make a difference what tax you pay depending on how you sell it?
If you want to keep it legal then selling it for cash one way or another would mean you'd need to report your earnings and pay any consequent tax on that.
If you want to avoid unnecessary fees though you can post on localbitcoins and sell BTC in person for cash.
You remember bitinstant?
They tried to do this on a large scale and got caught in laws of us.
Nobody can do this because of taxation and money laundering laws.
It is not just not possible.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:56:37 PM

You remember bitinstant?

It is possible if you're operating on a small scale.
Just make sure to disclose your earning and keep a record of all transactions as proof for filing your tax returns. It would be best to speak with a financial advisor to be certain but if you play by the rules they can't hold you down...
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 10:21:27 PM

You remember bitinstant?

It is possible if you're operating on a small scale.
Just make sure to disclose your earning and keep a record of all transactions as proof for filing your tax returns. It would be best to speak with a financial advisor to be certain but if you play by the rules they can't hold you down...
But financial advisors know anything about bitcoin or how to handle it when it comes to tax season?
I would think if it above $2000 USD they would just treat it like a commodity instead of a currency.
I do not think their are any U.S laws put into place to deal with filing with bitcoin for tax purposes.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:25:51 AM

There were some people robbed at gunpoint, so if you're doing some larger transactions you'd want to bring your friends. The more money you're exchanging the larger the possibility that they will try to rob you or give you fake cash. Exchanges aren't 100% safe either. If you're unlucky you'll end up like some of the MtGox users. Still, cash transactions are the best way to avoid taxes, but you will still have to pay when you decide to buy a nice car or a piece of land.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 09:04:55 AM

When you don't want to pay taxes, but need to turn coins to fiat, it's best to find someone who will pay you in cash. Just be safe and don't get robbed.

I had the reverse of this. I wanted to buy Bitcoin for cash, but couldn't find anyone to do it. Actually that isn't completely true, there are a few local dealers with massive spreads, but I decided they were far to expensive.

btw. by cash, I mean folding notes or a bank transfer during a face-to-face meeting.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:16:42 PM

It seems to get it done in the USA is just getting more difficult day by day with all their laws cornering you any way you want to go. It seems there is no way to avoid payment of taxes because of the laws over there. But I still think going through the way of localbitcoin is still the best option or if they have a major national forum over there, the way we have same here, I just look for a trusted member of the forum to serve as escrow then make the deal. But things are kind of flexible here though.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 03:13:56 AM

please give the taxes .it will be better for the country and you do not have worry all the time of getting caught .the best way to cash out the bitcoins is through local bitcoins .indian nationalities can cash out the bitcoins through the app zebpay,its easy to use.
davidstighansen

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:38:32 AM

What percent is too high?  What percent is fair for cashing out?
Protected101

Activity: 210
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:42:20 AM

If you are living in the US and want to cash out bitcoins, what is the smartest course of action? In other words how to pay the least amount of taxes and stay compliant with the law?
I think the taxes or fees is depend on the amount of your transaction you can not lessen that because it was already set by all exchange in bitcoin community. I do not know what is the best online wallet can cashout bitcoin to dollar in USA or if there are local exchange just ask how much the amount of the fees need to imposed for your transactions.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: